Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Every summer transfer window they tease me...

Michy Batshuayi is expected to leave Chelsea permanently this summer with at least one top-half Premier League side interested in the 27-year-old Belgium striker
  • Hope he finds a nice one.
  • So the latest on Kral is that we've cooled our interest as we don't believe he's worth the £20-25m that Spartak want.

Also stated by C&H (I know...) that Moyes thinks the only midfielder we need is Lingard, so money will be held back for that move.

Could be a long summer, people.
  • OCS, his latest report makes reference to "hit hungry sites" & someone has said about the irony of that comment. IF his post is to be believed it indicates a short sighted view saying we don't need another CDM as not having proper cover in that position at the end of the season did impact on a few of our results. It also mentions we have a "Sean Bowen", a signing that must of past me by!
  • So the latest on Kral is that we've cooled our interest as we don't believe he's worth the £20-25m that Spartak want.

Also stated by C&H (I know...) that Moyes thinks the only midfielder we need is Lingard, so money will be held back for that move.

Could be a long summer, people.

Spartak have quickly wised up to the fact that any Czech player sold to us is likely to be PL team of the year material so are wanting to cash in on that equity before it actually happens
  • The Times

A controversial "agreement" between West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion that saw Robert Snodgrass omitted from January's meeting will not be punished by the Premier League.
  • West Ham have targeted Burnley striker Chris Wood. David Moyes is a huge admirer of the forward.
  • Burnley want £30m for Woods i read somewhere.
  • Villa and Everton were also linked with Wood this week, £30m (Football Insider)
  • Josh King is leaving Everton. I know a few on here fancy him.
  • Not just King,

Walcott, Bolasie and Besic all leaving Goodison although Besic hasn't played for Everton since September 2017!!!!

Apparently King was on £45k pw at Bournemouth which is fairly good value for a player who scored 48 goals in 161 Premier League games
  • Walcott has already signed a deal with Southampton.
  • If Haller didn't work in Moyes’s system then I'd be surprised if Wood did. If we're looking for an Antonio clone, Wood ain't it, IMO.
  • I'd be happy with Wood going to Villa as that reduces the competition for Abraham. Josh King could then go to Burnley on a free.

And the boy gets a cigar!
  • I would prefer Daka, Sima or Hlozek over Abrahams especially as they would appear to be cheaper which means we can afford a CDM which for some inexplicable reason doesn’t appear to be in the list of players we are looking to sign. Kral can play CDM & CH which covers two of the positions on the list apparently, just saying.
  • The club have confirmed that Balbuena is being released, along with a number of U23s.
  • WHEN IS THE HAMMER OF THE YEAR VOTING OUT
  • The club have confirmed that Balbuena is being released, along with a number of U23s.

In the article it mentions Sean Adarkwa, Tunji Ankinola, Sam Caiger, Alfie Lewis and Josh Okotcha.

I wonder what that means for David Martin, as he is out of contract too?
  • I was thinking that alderz. The obvious answer is he's got an extension, but I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case 🤔
  • edited June 2021
    I expect this will have been seen by many but just in case SSN reporting Giroud is staying at CFC so all the column inches saying he was going to Milan were ....! Goes to show that you can’t always believe everything you read in the media outlets, who’d have thought it? 😉
  • alderz said:

The club have confirmed that Balbuena is being released, along with a number of U23s.

In the article it mentions Sean Adarkwa, Tunji Ankinola, Sam Caiger, Alfie Lewis and Josh Okotcha.

ExWHUemployee
    @ExWHUemployee
    ·
    17s
    Looks like he will now be staying on probably with a role working with the academy keepers and as a backup. He is a very good person off the field and very popular

You asked?
  • IronHerb said:

alderz said:

The club have confirmed that Balbuena is being released, along with a number of U23s.

ExWHUemployee
    @ExWHUemployee
    ·
    17s
    Looks like he will now be staying on probably with a role working with the academy keepers and as a backup. He is a very good person off the field and very popular

You asked?
    17s?! You’re like the Waco Kid!
  • I wish he was the Milky Bar Kid, I could murder one of them right now.
  • We should just invest 20m in a medical team that follows Antonio everywhere. He can sleep in a oxygen tent etc
  • I am glad they are keeping Martin on, good to look after your own and his Dad is about as much as our own as anyone could be. The match he came in for against Chelsea was one of the most emotional moments of the last few seasons.

Some people say there is no room for sentiment in business, but I think there is as I think some people have worth beyond their role and the honouring of them brings something to the clubs personality. I always felt Ginge should have been offered something. I think even now he would fit into our backroom very well with Pearce and Nolan, and like Martin must have a lot to pass on to the youngsters, so much more in fact.

It is the criticism we came in for regard Bobby Moore, that although we didn't have a role we should have found something.
  • For the memories. Sadly doesn't include him climbing into the stand to hug Alvin.

• edited June 2021

This does.
  • edited June 2021
    Andy Carroll has left Newcastle on a free

I'll get me coat...
This discussion has been closed.