Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• What must it have been like when he and Alvin were arguing, Estuary Essex vs Scouse
    Y'wot ? 'Nah wot ah mean.
    =) =)
  • IronHerb said:

This does.

IronHerb said:

This does.

A lifelong fan, son of Alvin, pulling on the shirt. The nerves, the pride etc must be very hard to put into words and convey how he felt before, during and after. But you can still see a year on from it what an amazing experience. One we could only dream about (and a stark contrast to the movement from club to club by the modern players who have little to no affinity to their clubs at all).

Doing the right thing may not always go hand in hand with football business but hes a brilliant representation of a positive influence on a club. You cant put a monetary valuation on that...
  • Everton and West Ham United are interested in Lazio and Argentina forward Joaquin Correa, 26, with the Italian side willing to negotiate for around £30m to help fund new signings. (Italy24News)
  • We could sign Carroll, King on frees.

• Shame is coat was liked, he had more more than that
  • Cuz1 said:

Shame is coat was liked, he had more more than that

Cuz, can't quite make out what you mean.
  • Aston Villa agree £33m fee for Buendia (Norwich midfielder).
  • Lukerz, Blown Arsenal out of the water so it can't be all bad but they are getting some of their business down early & flexing some financial muscle. They haven't even qualified for Europe or is this them spending some of the Grealish money before it arrives from Manchester City?
  • Lukerz said:

Aston Villa agree £33m fee for Buendia (Norwich midfielder).

That's a lot for a MF.. in the champo.
  • I was thinking the same Fortune ,Grealish could be off ,hope to madrid or somewhere where i dont have to see him as much
  • Arsenal saving their money for Sterling ;)
  • We spent 25m on a championship midfielder from Brentford to use as a sub, that's decadent for you.
  • I'd call that training him on.
  • West Brom have told Brazilian midfielder Matheus Pereira, 25, he can leave the Championship club this summer, if they are offered at least £15m. Aston Villa and Brighton are among those who have made enquiries. (Teamtalk)

On the BBC gossip page. Good value imo.
  • Wish that were true. I'd fly from Cali to the midlands and drag him out of there if I was WHU Boss!
  • Pereira for £15mil would be a pretty good deal

£33mil for Beundia is a lot, but I thought the same about Watkins and he's been fabulous for them

Also seems to be the going rate given Benrhama and Bowen, two players who were among the best in the league, went for around £25mil
  • But we can’t move for AM’s. Don’t really need one at the moment.
  • Pareira for £15million is a bargain.
  • IronHerb said:

But we can’t move for AM’s. Don’t really need one at the moment.

I can see Yarmo leaving, and the club clearly don’t rate Anderson. Pereira, Lingard, Bowen, Fornals and Benrahma makes 5 into 3, and that’s not overkill IMO.
  • But it’s 4 into 3 at the moment and people complain Benrahma doesn’t get enough game time as it is.
  • It's still not certain we'll get Lingard. We have to look for other options or get business done quickly
  • Peirera would be a nice alternative to Lingard.
  • I’d take Perreira over Lingard if his fee is too high, not sure we can have both. Think you’ve missed out Lanzini there Alderz.
  • Outcast, not IF Lanzini is off to Marseille?
  • edited June 2021
    I dont for a sec think WBA will sell for 15M (add another 10 on) but I'd take him over Jesse. I read about his history and comments by a former coach a few months ago. He can play anywhere across the front and I believe he'll be even better than his first prem season. He's basically WBA's Grealish. 11 goals and 7 assists in a rank team is excellent. I am not saying I dont want Jesse but I believe Pereira is only going to improve and he'll have a hell of a resale value too (when we sell him to Man Utd)
  • I’d take Perreira over Lingard if his fee is too high, not sure we can have both. Think you’ve missed out Lanzini there Alderz.

Lanzini’s been so ineffective as an AM for the last few years, and looked so much better as a CM that I am considering him as a midfielder instead these days.
    IronHerb said:

But it’s 4 into 3 at the moment and people complain Benrahma doesn’t get enough game time as it is.

There’s a lot more games this season. We’re looking at a minimum of 46 matches, potentially over 50. Having 4 players for 3 positions doesn’t leave a lot of room to rotate or rest, or drop when form is bad.
  • I agree, with so many matches this season we need to secure another 5 or 6 first team players, especially as Balbuena has gone and Yarmo, Anderson and Lanzini could be on their way too.
    LB, CB, CM, AM, FWD should be a minimum if we lose the above players.
  • EXETER, The rumours are we want a CB, F & Jesse but will look at a couple of free transfers or loan signings to top the number up to 5/6. Hopefully that will be enough?
  • I think if we make a proper effort for perriera it would indicate we have doubts about getting Lingard, no way we will buy both unless there is some serious investment announced.
  • Cuz1 said:

Shame is coat was liked, he had more more than that

Cuz, can't quite make out what you mean.
    IMHO if we’d have hept him fit other clubs would have him I was massive fan
This discussion has been closed.