Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Names linked with West Ham this morning

Ross Barkley (Daily Telegraph)
Joe Worrall (Sun)
Okay Yokuslu (Faro de Vigo)

Winston Reid to sign a permanent deal with Brentford (West Ham Way)

Comments

• Be interesting to see how much we get for Reid. He's still got a coupe of years left on his contract, but has obviously had his injury problems. Can't see it being more than £5m.
  • Daily Express

Tammy Abraham is 'resigned' to leaving Chelsea this summer, with Leicester and West Ham reportedly interested.
  • Don't think we will get a fee for Winston. Probably letting him go on a free to free up wages. Or the fee will be whatever would be left on Winston contract to pay him.
  • Daily Express

Tammy Abraham is 'resigned' to leaving Chelsea this summer, with Leicester and West Ham reportedly interested.

Leicester currently have Vardy and an in-form Iheanacho as options, whereas we have an injury-prone Antonio, so on that front alone we might be a more attractive proposition.

Reports are that Tammy would prefer to stay in London, so that's another tick in our box.

But in terms of meeting Chelsea's valuation, I think Leicester may have the edge.
  • Don't think we will get a fee for Winston. Probably letting him go on a free to free up wages. Or the fee will be whatever would be left on Winston contract to pay him.

We’ll probably get a slight knockdown on the existing fees to pay for Benrahma.
  • Reid is on £70k a week apparently so I can also see us letting him go for a free
  • the Alex Kral rumours are picking up pace. Sounds like it could be the first major in this summer.
  • Hope so Yeold. Would be a great signing, IMO.
  • I personally do not think Leics will pay over the odds for Abraham (as in the fee thats been in the papers 40M region. Villa probably would though)
  • I don’t know much about Kral, but it’s really exciting to see the club identify a target and go out and get them without much fuss. Obviously I write this while touching wood, as it hasn’t gone through yet
  • Barcelona sign Eric Garcia on a free, they signed Aguerro yesterday, maybe they're going to sign the whole Man city squad...
  • edited June 2021
    Not West Ham related but has anyone seen the list of contracts up at Crystal Palace. No Manager yet and it seems 3/4 of their team are about to become free agents. Shove a wedge on them going down next season. No way they will have a massive spending spree either and with Eze out for the majority of next season, they might have to sell Zaha to get in some players. !
  • edited June 2021
    Christian Benteke
    Jeffrey Schlupp
    Andros Townsend
    Mamadou Sakho
    Patrick van Aanholt
    Nathaniel Clyne
    James McCarthy
    James McArthur
    Joel Ward
    Gary Cahill
    Scott Dann
    Martin Kelly
    Wayne Hennessey
    Connor Wickham

All gone in a month from Palace if they don't renew any of them. 4 of them were in their starting line up against Liverpool in their final game.
  • Arsenal are set to complete the signing of Cameroon goalkeeper Andre Onana, 25, from Ajax, potentially for just £1.7m...

If crowds dont already do it, please tell me when he moves the crowd will sing #O na na whats my name# Its only right, no?
  • 2nd Arsenal one coincidentally...

Arsenal are leading the race to sign Manchester City's England winger Raheem Sterling, 26, in a deal that could stop England striker Harry Kane, 27, joining City from Tottenham.

I have zero journalism experience and zero insider knowledge. However, surely anyone could write something more credible than this?

Arsenal couldn't afford his fee or his wages. He has no affinity with the club and I'm certain no desire to downgrade and have no European football. This is embarrassingly bad!
  • edited June 2021
    And how would Sterling joining Arsenal stop Kane from joining City? 🤔
  • It's TheSun. Look for twisted logic ... or no logic.
  • edited June 2021
    This morning's Google offers up

Sampdoria’s Morten Thorsby (Gazzetta dello Sport)
    Sam Johnstone "very keen" on West Ham (Football Insider)
    Fiorentina's Nikola Milenkovic (Corriere Della Sera)
    Espanyol's Adri Embarba (AS.com)

Also Phil Jagielka, John Lundstram, Simon Moore and Jack Rodwell have all been officially released by Sheffield Utd

Lundstrum has been linked with Rangers (The Athletic)
  • Rodwell would have been coming through at Everton whilst Moyes was there. Whilst he may be a “filler” backup in, at 30 too old to fit in with the new West Ham. Be interesting to see if we make a play for Lundstram as he has been connected with us over the last couple of transfer windows, but I don’t believe he would be right for us.
  • And how would Sterling joining Arsenal stop Kane from joining City? 🤔

The only logic I could see would be that Daniel Levy would refuse to sell to City if they made Arsenal better? But, as Kuching says, it's very twisted logic and a rela stretch.
  • I would say the potential cash swap deal (Sterling and/or Jesus) City/Spurs potentially could do would be compromised (as said before though... Arsenal!)
  • edited June 2021
    Rodwell had 109 appearances under Moyes at Everton and another 23 at Sunderland

Last season he was included in the substitutes just once at Sheffield Utd, FA cup 4th round against Plymouth. The last time he played was 15 minutes against Burnley in July last year, the last time he started was FA Cup 3rd round 2020 against Flyde and he lasted an hour but those were his only appearances in his 18 months with Sheffield Utd.

The last time he had regular football was on a 1-year deal at Blackburn in the Championship 2018-19 but he chose not to stay despite being offered an extension

Does he even remember what a football looks like?
  • Kral & Firpo alleged to be close to signing
  • Hope so Lukerz. Two positions we need to strengthen and to get them done early would be very useful.
  • ExWHU said neither is that close, but deffo interest, may even have terms agreed with Kral
  • ExWHU said neither is that close, but deffo interest, may even have terms agreed with Kral

Well that hope was short-lived.
  • 'Montpellier won’t stop Gaetan Laborde leaving in the summer transfer window as Premier League giants West Ham United renew their interest in the speedy striker, president Laurent Nicollin has told Allez Paillade.'

We're Premier League giants.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/02/he-wants-something-else-president-says-reported-18-goal-west-ham-target-is-free-to-leave/
  • Ah Google what do you have for me this morning?

Ross Barkley on loan (Daily Mail)
    Villarreal's Gerard Moreno (Calciomercato)
    Pellegrini (Real Betis) to sign Balbuena for a second time (AS)

Chelsea looking at Benfica's Julian Weigl (played under Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund) as a cheaper alternative to Declan Rice (O Jogo)

Guardiola planning big changes at City, Moyes likes Zinchenko and Stones (Athletic)
  • West Ham and New York City have made offers for France striker Olivier Giroud, 34, who is set to leave Chelsea on a free transfer. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
  • Calciomercato also say Giroud is so close to signing with AC Milan that he's looking for at property in the area
This discussion has been closed.