Couldn't think....part 4

the giant West Ham United crest which used to adorn the Bobby Moore stand at Upton Park has been discovered gathering dust in a warehouse in Greenhithe. How it got there no one seems to know but the bloke who has it says it could be yours for £8,750

Any takers?

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/historic-giant-west-ham-crest-from-demolished-upton-park-discovered-in-storage-as-fans-urge-gsb-to-do-the-right-thing-and-buy-it-back/

Comments

• Hang on, I'll just have a look down the back of the sofa.
  • We could do a whip round on the forum and have it mounted somewhere in Greece
  • It's worth more than the Elgin marbles
  • Due to lockdown I haven't had my hair cut since the middle of December or to put it another way, since Liverpool won a league home match.
  • Rugby. I mean what’s that all about then? Does anybody really understand it? I’ve watched it on and off for fifty odd years and I still haven’t got a scooby why the ref gives penalties etc.I mean I get the bit when they run with the ball and it looks great when it comes off but the rest of it is just a mess of rules and complete confusion for me.
    How it’s a spectator sport I’ll never know.
    The awful Palace / West Brom game was like watching Brazil in their prime in comparison.
  • Slacker said:

Rugby. I mean what’s that all about then? Does anybody really understand it? I’ve watched it on and off for fifty odd years and I still haven’t got a scooby why the ref gives penalties etc.

It's quite easy really, 9 times out of 10 they just give any debatable penalty to whoever England are playing. The performance of the French ref in the previous match v Wales was absolutely disgraceful.

• I’m an egg-chaser and thought it was an excellent match today. Ref was very good, even if I did disagree with a couple of decisions! Whilst there are many Laws (snobby rugby followers hate it when you refer to rules), there really is only one “play to the referee” - although Buffy is correct about the French ref for our match against Wales =)
  • But at least that ref came out afterwards and admitted his errors.
  • I like Rugby ,IMO football can lot from it, ie: A proper advantage rule and respect for the referee
  • Unfortunately the horse had already bolted.
  • edited March 2021
    If anyone has Amazon prime, there are two documentaries about West Ham. "Everybody's second team" and "Iron men". I haven't seen them yet myself as I've just this second noticed them
  • I have the Iron men CD. It's a good watch.
  • yoyo said:

If anyone has Amazon prime, there are two documentaries about West Ham. "Everybody's second team" and "Iron men". I haven't seen them yet myself as I've just this second noticed them

The second team is a great watch too
  • According to Sky, Antonio has decided to play for Jamaica and is going to be called up for the game against USA next week
  • Yay, more games his hamstrings will have to hold out for.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge him the opportunity to play international football at all, but it further risks our season. Antonio, Soucek and Rice all on international duty, all without sufficient cover in the squad.

Still, good luck to him. Go well Mick.
  • edited March 2021
    Coufal and Fab too
  • Fortunately Antonio hasn't been selected.
  • edited March 2021

Coufal and Fab too

I didn't include them as we have Fredericks/Johnson and Randolph as first team cover.

If we lose Antonio, Soucek or Rice to injury we don't, IMO, have sufficient cover in the squad.

• The second team is a great watch too

Just watched it this afternoon, certainly brought a tear to my eye.
    Brought back so many memories. A lovely watch.
  • I'm officially 50% AstraZeneca-ed

Now where are those side effects I was promised...
  • You may be wiped out for a couple of days. It’s not nice. I’m still waiting on the new arm to grow though.
  • I was fine with the AZ jab, just that I think the nurse used my arm as a dart board, but after a day or so it was OK.
  • edited March 2021
    I had mine Tuesday and was shivering within 7 hours and my teeth were chattering like in a comedy sketch. Went to bed with a sweatshirt on and had a very disturbed night. Feel fine 24 hours later
  • Shows your immune system is in action
  • That'll teach you to wear Spurs t-shirts yoyo.
  • I'm a Pfizer man myself. Sore arm but little else.
  • I had the AZ jab Wednesday afternoon, arm a little sore but that's it so far.
  • My wife and I, at d8fferent days, had different jabs at the same venue. I had the Oxford one and had a sore shoulder for three days. My wife hsd the Pfizer jab with no side effects. Only seven weeks (ish) til the second one.
  • Apparently there are lots of people who have/would refuse the jab? Yet I don’t know a single person who falls into that category
This discussion has been closed.