Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• Aslef, so picky, =), but they are neighbouring countries ;)
  • I guess I should have asked Benni MCcarthy, he would have known
  • He’d have said top middle and bottom
  • If a pie only has one layer of pastry - just eat two pies - simples
  • It can have as many layers as you like but I still wouldn't eat one.
  • So there you are ASLEF.....
  • Harrow-on-the-Hill? Definitely not my manor!
  • I thought you were modelling the new TfL staff face mask.
  • Taking this Covid lark a little too far!
  • A Youtuber who does pranks is the leading independent candidate, polling on 5% and ahead of UKIP.
  • A Youtuber who does pranks is the leading independent candidate, polling on 5% and ahead of UKIP.

The Waldo Moment
  • For anyone who shops online and tracks their parcels, this is an interesting read about a new scam that installs spyware.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56859091

• Every little helps. (And Bournemouth are in the race so could be another £40m ish on top)
  • I heard earlier the “£70 million” was wanted by the EFL to be given to their clubs?
  • IronHerb said:

Every little helps. (And Bournemouth are in the race so could be another £40m ish on top)

All of that money should go to the EFL teams, some of whom are on the verge of bankruptcy because of the pandemic.
  • I went to the bookies earlier and put £10 at 10,000/1 on Aliens coming to earth in the next 20 years. I asked " what odds Spurs winning the league within 20years?"
    He replied "Odds!? Ask the Aliens when they get here"
  • So, one for the stats guys, as the answers aren't readily available by Googling.

Balbuena was the second red card we've had rescinded this season, and I know there was a spell a few years ago when we had 4 out of 5 reds rescinded. Something tells me we're right at the top of the list of rescinded reds for the last 6 or so seasons, and probably by a long way.

Just goes to prove we don't get treated fairly by refs; can you imagine the uproar if a ref sent off a Man Utd player when they shouldn't? We'd never hear the end of it, so their players get way more leniency from refs than we do, after all, what does it matter if I wrongly send off a West Ham player?

So, has anyone got a list of all rescinded red cards for the last 6 or 7 years?
  • Buffy, there have been a few things on Twitter about this. We had two red cards rescinded in the 15/16 season and two again this season. Both seasons we were pushing top four. Probably just a coincidence, but it does make you wonder.
  • edited April 2021
    In other news:

Well done Moyes 👏
  • edited April 2021

Buffy, there have been a few things on Twitter about this. We had two red cards rescinded in the 15/16 season and two again this season. Both seasons we were pushing top four. Probably just a coincidence, but it does make you wonder.

I think the timing is coincidence, but what isn't is that refs feel free to treat us like rubbish; no way they're sending off a Man Utd player there. Whatever they say, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that refs err on the side of the "big" clubs way more than can be explained by anything other than bias (subconscious or not).
  • So, one for the stats guys, as the answers aren't readily available by Googling.

Bump, seeing as no-one has picked up the bait 😊

Which sites am I best off looking at to try to collate a table of total red cards and rescinded red cards?
  • Brighton & Hove Albion (A) Saturday 15th 8pm Sky

West Brom will now be Tuesday 18th or Wednesday 19th May (fingers crossed 19th as I have Wednesdays off

Bump, seeing as no-one has picked up the bait 😊

Which sites am I best off looking at to try to collate a table of total red cards and rescinded red cards?
    I genuinely have no idea where you’d find it tbh. A lot of data just isn’t available freely 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I think we have had 5 of our last 8 rescinded if that helps.  😱
  • Moyes knew. He knows everything,even more than Trump =)

• Found this when clearing my mums flat trying to work out all the signature
  • 2nd down on the left looks like Jimmy Hill

• Is that Billy Bonds below that?
  • Top left is Martin Peters. I thought you may like this ...
This discussion has been closed.