West Ham v Man City (A) . Or the Paulo Wanchope Derby. Saturday 27th February, 12:30pm

Well, my run had to end sometime. City away is going to be very difficult, even for this version of West Ham. They're on fire at the moment, and we'll do very well to get a point here.

I'd be tempted to go with the same eleven, although this is a free hit of a game so maybe let Benrahma out to see what he can do.

Comments

• Might have to settle for a point here as City are playing as well as us
  • edited February 2021
    Fabianski
    Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Coufal - Souček - Rice - Fornals - Johnson
    Lingard
    Antonio

The key will be what we manage on the break with the front two. City will carve out enough chances even if we sit deep.

2-0 would be a respectable loss. Just don’t want a thrashing.
  • My expectations are low for this game. This is a real test. I hope we perform well, regardless of score line and if we lose, then it's not by a massive score line. I'm not meaning to sound negative,just realistic as I see it.
  • Now this is one game I worry about

City are absolutely fantastic and are used to breaking down tough defences and low blocks
  • edited February 2021
    Just hope our goal difference doesn’t get too badly affected!
  • Just notiched City are in germany on wednesday for champions game ,That may work for us
  • Trouble is City's second string is pretty formidable. As long as we play with the same effort and commitment that we have been showing then I can live with that.
    Take whatever we can get.

COYI
  • The Samir Nasri derby.
  • Another Joe Hart derby
  • The Craig Bellamy derby
  • The Ian Bishop and Trevor Morley derby. The Frank Lampard derby.
  • edited February 2021
    Another Carlos Tevez derby
  • The Trevor Sinclair Derby
  • The Stuart Pearce derby
  • The Pablo Zabaleta derby
  • The Wayne Bridge derby
  • Hang on...the Manuel Pellegrini derby
  • The Marc Vivien Foe derby 😔
  • The David James derby
  • The Mark Ward derby
  • It’s frightening when you see City’s team and their bench.
  • It may be controversial as he is fit to play but I would rest Antonio and Play Lingard in his role with Bowen, Fornells and a start for Benrhama behind him. My thinking is that if we can keep Antonio (who worked really hard today) fit for a few weeks we may pick up more points than if he needs a prolonged period out from being used too often, Lingard is not as strong but a better finisher, and Benrhama deserves a start as looks very creative whenever he has been introduced.

I don't expect us to get anything from this match but it's certainly not beyond us to be snatching a point.

• I’m thinking we should put all those defenders on the bench to good use.

Fab; Coufal Alves Balbuena Dawson Diop Cresswell Johnson; Rice Soucek; Lingard
  • So you're seeing Lingard as a defender then? 😂
  • alderz said:

I’m thinking we should put all those defenders on the bench to good use.

Fab; Coufal Alves Balbuena Dawson Diop Cresswell Johnson; Rice Soucek; Lingard

Leaves us a bit open on the counter attack
  • The Steve Lomas derby
  • The berkovic derby
  • steve said:

Just notiched City are in germany on wednesday for champions game ,That may work for us

Yes if they don't come back until Sunday. =)
  • Any points return on this will do me. Even an acceptable performance and no points if it keeps us confident as a team for the next one.
  • This is pretty much as good as City have ever been, and they’ve been pretty incredible at times over the last ten years.

Not getting smashed against them would be a decent result given their form.

As long as we give it everything and put the hard work in, I won’t have any complaints about the result. They are too good and too hot at the moment.