West Ham v Man City (A) . Or the Paulo Wanchope Derby. Saturday 27th February, 12:30pm

Comments

• Whatever the end result, a proud Hammer tonight, have given it a go.....
  • I'm still not convinced about Fornals. He can play a good five yard pass but I'm not sure what else he does.
  • Again we are playing against a team “not playing at their best”, maybe it’s because of how we are playing against them. Grrrrr
  • Whatever the end result, a proud Hammer tonight, have given it a go.....

We did first half, less convinced in the second half. We've played well but not quite with as much intent as I would have liked second half.
  • last minute Benrahma goal P L E A S E
  • City centre back named " man of the match " that tells you something
  • yoyo said:

City centre back named " man of the match " that tells you something

That he scored?
  • I don’t think either goal was a changer from us or anything, but it’s disappointing that both goals came from the second phase off a dead ball. We’re so good at set pieces, but once it’s cleared you’d hope to keep it clear.
  • What a shame Diop should have equalised there
  • edited February 2021
    What a chance!!!.... Well played though. Great effort
  • Why couldn’t Diop and Soucek have been in each other’s spots
  • What a chance. Agh.

What is the point of being alive.
  • Right. Only one person to start the Leeds thread, surely?
  • They should be hugely proud of themselves
  • Eghhh.....ssoooooo close to getting.a point

But great effort, really did ourselves proud today

Great effort from the lads 👏
  • I'm still not convinced about Fornals. He can play a good five yard pass but I'm not sure what else he does.

You need to look harder then. He was all over the pitch, pressing with the front two then defending deep. I thought he had a really good game, along with the team in general.
  • edited February 2021
    In the end the difference in class told but that was a superb performance from West Ham.Real graft against one of the best sides in the world and so nearly nicked a point right at the death.That’s got to give them so much confidence for the rest of the season.
    Very proud of ‘em.
  • My commentator was going on saying how well they were defensively, that 24 out of 40 games have ended in a clean sheet. To actually go out and score (and have chances of scoring more) is excellent. Bring on Leeds!
  • Shame about the goals because we did the hard work by clearing the first ball but didn’t quite react to the second balls but City know they’ve been in a game.
    I’d have gladly taken 2-1 before the game but think we could have got a point at the end there.
  • Great effort from the team. Certainly looking at the race for Europe the next few fixtures have a number of 6 pointers in.
  • edited February 2021
    The choker for me is the manner of the second goal. We we're excellent and stood up together. No shame at all and plenty to be proud of, just a poor goal. It would have been easier to take if it was one of their world class stunners that made the difference
  • Hope the players are not to down ,Something when you go to the best team in the world and come away thinking you should have got something ,Well played guys on to Leeds and another 3 points
  • No disgrace vs the best team in Europe , they had 3 shots on target and scored from 2 is the difference
  • We showed in this match that we should feel we can take three points from each remaining match, we are a good side. City showed so much respect in that final fifteen minutes as were clearly concerned we could hurt them still.

Missing Fab and Oggy as well. not even full strength.
  • IronHerb said:

I'm still not convinced about Fornals. He can play a good five yard pass but I'm not sure what else he does.

You need to look harder then. He was all over the pitch, pressing with the front two then defending deep. I thought he had a really good game, along with the team in general.
    I can see that he runs around a lot and works hard. But what does he actually do with the ball?
  • He does what Noble used to do. He links up play, he gives the man on the ball an option, tackles and I quite like him.
  • Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was really difficult. They have the physicality. They have the quality of players in Lingard, Fornals.

#justsayin 😂
  • edited February 2021
    I thin Fornals played quite well today but I do kind of agree with Jorderz. He's a strange one but definitely an asset to the team, especially in games like this.
  • I don't think he's a bad player, I just want more from him.

Lingard and Benrahma work hard as well but when they get the ball they drive forward or look for a clever pass, and I think Fornals plays it safe more often than not.
  • Might just be me but I believe if we had Fab instead of Randolph we could've got something from that game. I think Fab would've come and cleared the cross for their first goal. Would probably have done better for their second goal too. Not too disappointed with the result and it was a good solid team performance, a draw would've been a fair result imo.