West Ham v Man City (A) . Or the Paulo Wanchope Derby. Saturday 27th February, 12:30pm

Comments

• Coufal through on goal but a poor pass from Lingard
  • edited February 2021
    Scary as the substitutions are, it shows City paying us real respect, a good sign of the progress we have made over the last 18 months ... damn
  • It's the hope that kills you.
  • Stones 18 yards out and standing on his own. Poor goal to concede
  • Ben Johnson was very deep when the ball went out to Mahrez, about 3/4 years behind the rest of the line
  • It's been a tough day for Johnson.
  • edited February 2021
    alderz said:

Ben Johnson was very deep when the ball went out to Mahrez, about 3/4 years behind the rest of the line

Coufal also was not far ahead of him, both playing Mahrez on
  • With 20 to go, may as well go for it. I’d have Johnson off for Benrahma to try and make something happen. I really like Johnson, but today hasn’t been his day
  • Time for us to bring on the our big guns
  • Dodger58 said:

alderz said:

Ben Johnson was very deep when the ball went out to Mahrez, about 3/4 years behind the rest of the line

Coufal also was not far ahead of him, both playing Mahrez on
    I didn’t notice Coufal, fair enough :+1:
  • Yea Johnson has had a hard run

But he's young and playing outside his favorite position against the best team in the league (World?)

He'll have better days, but I'd like to see Benrahma or Bowen on for him
  • Good idea Bring those 2 on for Johnson =)
  • Deccers looked in no man's land for the Stones goal.
  • Triple sub for the last 10 ? Lanzini / Bowen / Benrahma on ? nothing to lose.
  • Deccers looked in no man's land for the Stones goal.

The slow mo made it look like he was scared of the ball, which would have been funnier if it had gone wide or something
  • looking tired now
  • I feel like commentators should be banned from using the word ‘irony’. Is it ironic that Moyes signed Stones for Everton and now he’s scored today? I’m pretty sure it’s not (although the longer I’m thinking about it the less confident I am)
  • We haven't had the ball for about three days.
  • Dawson's had another good game. They all have but he looks solid again
  • Looks like Bowen/Benrahma getting ready to come on
  • lot of talk on our sidelines ,Just get them on
  • I love how Dawson throws himself in-front of the ball. So many players just turn their backs these days
  • alderz said:

I feel like commentators should be banned from using the word ‘irony’. Is it ironic that Moyes signed Stones for Everton and now he’s scored today? I’m pretty sure it’s not (although the longer I’m thinking about it the less confident I am)

No, it isn't ironic. It's just two things that have happened involving John Stones.
  • They are just so fantastic at keeping the ball and hemming you in
  • Should have got those 2 on as soon as they scored there 2nd
  • edited February 2021

I love how Dawson throws himself in-front of the ball. So many players just turn their backs these days

Love him laughing as he picks himself up.
  • alderz said:

I feel like commentators should be banned from using the word ‘irony’. Is it ironic that Moyes signed Stones for Everton and now he’s scored today? I’m pretty sure it’s not (although the longer I’m thinking about it the less confident I am)

No, it isn't ironic. It's just two things that have happened involving John Stones.
    That’s what I thought. But then as I was typing I was thinking that if I post something about it and I’m wrong I’ll look like a nincompoop
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

That’s what I thought. But then as I was typing I was thinking that if I post something about it and I’m wrong I’ll look like a nincompoop
    It's ironic you use the word 'nincompoop', as that is a word I also know.
  • Maybe the commentator is American and they think irony is to do with laundry.