West Ham v Man City (A) . Or the Paulo Wanchope Derby. Saturday 27th February, 12:30pm

Comments

• The thing is, Arsenal lost 1-0 to City, and the Gunners are sinking down the table. We should, with a fair wind, do at least a bit better than that. Would be happy with 1-1
  • I'd be ecstatic with a 1-1.
  • I am hoping for a point but will be not be too unhappy if we survive without any real damage to our goal difference and pick up no injuries.
  • I’d get off moyes back with a point 😂😂
  • Now now, come on Cuz.
  • IronHerb said:

Now now, come on Cuz.

Yes true will think of something else more achievable 😂😂
  • Cuz1 said:

I’d get off moyes back with a point 😂😂

Only if we have more possession and shots on target

• It'll only take 1 goal from 25% possession to do the job.
  • Provided they don’t get any from their 75%
  • Wouldn't be job done then would it?
  • For this game, Moyes is likely to go defensive and hope that we nick a breakaway goal or a set-piece goal. He is likely to opt for a 3-5-2/3-4-3/5-3-2 formation.

Fabianski
    Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Coufal- Souček -Lingard - Rice- Johnson
    Bowen - Antonio
  • Think Moyes has gone from knowing how to pick through the top teams at the star tof the season to giving them too much respect

Our performance against Tottenham was a bit of a smash and grab....whereas we were quote poor against Liverpool, United and Chelsea (less so Chelsea but we fell off over the last 15 minutes).....giving them far too much time kn the ball and they picked us off

Have to respect City, but if we are going to defend our 18 yard box for 90 minutes it'll spell trouble, need to ensure we commit a fair few forward when we do break forward

Gonna be a huge ask, but as others have said as long as we put in a good performance, even if we don't get points, then I'd be happy
  • Against any other team in the premier I believe we have a chance but city are the yardstick and to beat them or get anything we have to be top of our game have a lot of luck and hope they have a off day that’s not knocking moyes that’s fact I’d settle for a committed battling performance regardless of the result COYI
  • 2-1 win West Ham. I'm feeling dangerously optimistic.
  • So two teams on top form. Let's hope we can make them have 'an off day' like we made 13 other teams have 'off days' this season...
  • Aguero getting close to returning - Nooooooooo!
  • Cuz1 said:

Cuz, what would you do if, in the unlikely event/parallel universe scenario, we won? ;)
  • He would probably sculpt a statue of Moyes for his garden 😉🤣🗽
  • Cuz1 said:

Cuz, what would you do if, in the unlikely event/parallel universe scenario, we won? ;)
    DAVID MOYES FULL COLOUR BACK PORTRAIT TATTOO
  • Alderz, I'm going to pray that we don't win then - that would be far too cruel. 😂😂
  • Is Fredericks available? I wonder if Moyes might deploy the Coufal/Fredericks tactic again?
  • Is Fredericks available? I wonder if Moyes might deploy the Coufal/Fredericks tactic again?

I think we should adopt this approach right across the pitch. Start with 22 players.

• I think we should adopt this approach right across the pitch. Start with 22 players.

Do we actually HAVE 22 players? Although, 2 goalkeepers might get in the way of each other.
  • Alderz, I'm going to pray that we don't win then - that would be far too cruel. 😂😂

Thanks bubbles appreciate that 👍

• Worth a watch for Ronnie Boyce's goal.

Good pitch.
  • The pitch is incredible. It’s a mud bath.
  • its when bobby Moore slid in and took out the attacker and dug up 3 lbs of carrots at the same time
  • The pitch is pretty standard for 60s/70s before undersoil heating was standard

What I find interesting is you can hear the sound of the ball and feet on the mud. There were 28k there that day but they can't have been making much noise.
  • And when that last goal went in there were considerably fewer behind the goal. Fickle fans =) =)
  • edited February 2021
    2-1 loss 2005/06
    1-0 loss 2006/07
    1-1 draw 2007/08
    3-0 loss 2008/09
    3-1 loss 2009/10
    2-1 loss 2010/11
    2-1 loss 2012/13
    2-0 loss 2013/14
    2-0 loss 2014/15
    1-2 win 2015/16
    3-1 loss 2016/17
    2-1 loss 2017/18
    1-0 loss 2018/19
    2-0 loss 2019/20

Our last 14 league results at the City of Manchester/Etihad. We have lost 12 of them but our biggest defeat has been 3-0. 11 of the 12 defeats have been by 1 or 2 goals.

I am optimistic that if we play as well as we can defensively, we can give them a real game. I expect us to lose, but am cautiously optimistic.