West Ham v Man City (A) . Or the Paulo Wanchope Derby. Saturday 27th February, 12:30pm

Comments

• In amongst all of those of course was the famous Roger Johnson cup game.
  • In amongst all of those of course was the famous Roger Johnson cup game.

Yeah that ruined my point, so a quick detour via the ‘league games only’ route did the trick...
  • BFS's finest hour.
  • IronHerb said:

BFS's finest hour.

I think the Forest game was arguably worse, but yeah, what a week!
  • Can't even hold up hope that they'll be fatigued after their Chamlipns league game

Their strength in depth is

You could argue on current form none of Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Aguero, Torres, Jesus get into their best XI
  • must be close for Masuaku to come back
  • Not sure he gets back in.
  • IronHerb said:

BFS's finest hour.

Remember during the post match interview Russell Brand burst in and hugged him? ‘Sams the man’, and someone in the background asking about security.
  • must be close for Masuaku to come back

IronHerb said:

Not sure he gets back in.

In a back five he's still a better option as a LWB than Johnson due to natural width and attacking ability he has, but in a 4 he's behind Cresswell and Johnson now, IMO
  • It's his defensive attributes that is the concern for me.
  • We were doing pretty well when he was in the side and likewise we are doing pretty well when he is not available. Always good to have decent options.
  • We were doing pretty well when he was in the side and likewise we are doing pretty well when he is not available. Always good to have decent options.

Can take the place of the 3rd keeper on the bench.....
  • I am not sure anyone just walks into the side at the moment. Nobody really deserves to be dropped. The only player who was certain to be accommodated was Antonio but I think both Masuaku and Ogbonna will find their place taken and will have to fight for their place.
  • I think Oggy walks back in.
  • IronHerb said:

I think Oggy walks back in.

Yeah me too. If Diop keeps up his form for a period of time then it might be more of a toss up, but Oggy has been one of the top 2 or 3 players this season, IMO.
  • But what message does that put out to the team? Diop is playing well, we are winning games and then he simply gets dropped? I hope not.
  • Johnson and Lanzini were dropped following the Sheffield match. It's the nature of a squad system.
  • A small squad system least Antonio’s safe 😂😂
  • City won again tonight so it’s all down to us now.
  • But what message does that put out to the team? Diop is playing well, we are winning games and then he simply gets dropped? I hope not.

If Diop and Dawson keep doing bits then yeah, sure, Oggy should stay on the bench and wait his turn. But IMO they both - particularly Issa - have a little way to go to show they are more deserving of a spot.
  • IronHerb said:

Johnson and Lanzini were dropped following the Sheffield match. It's the nature of a squad system.

It’s slightly different in that case though. Both Lanzini and Johnson are squad players and they may have had decent games, but not enough to keep others out. Currently that’s where I see Diop. However, if he keeps doing bits then he should stay in the team until he’s not. He just needs to keep doing it.
  • Lawro has it down as 2-0. That sounds quite good to me at the moment.
  • I hope I am wrong, but I can't see us getting anything out of this match. we need a
    miracle, but you never know with the Hammers.
  • edited February 2021
    If ever there was a time to be optimistic it's this season, but i still struggle with this fixture. It's almost like no injuries and no red cards se we are ready to go again next match would almost be a win.

This is why I wrote previously about resting Antonio, playing Lingard in his role and giving Benrhama a start.
  • edited February 2021
    Moyes: Yarmo & Masuaku still out, Fredericks 50-50 with a groin strain, everybody else fine
  • This will be our 20th visit to the Etihad, we won in 2003, 2006 (Cup) and 2015, drew in 2008.

A draw would ne nice...
  • Live on BT Sport 1

Think Cresswell will need a lot of help with Mahrez and Coufal will need help with Sterling. Don't think having Bowen/Antonio dropping back to help out on the right is the answer, so for me something like.

Fabianski
    Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Cresswell
    Johnson, Soucek, Rice, Fornals
    Lingard
    Antonio

City tend to come out of the blocks really strong so we'll need to weather the storm for the first 20-30 mins.

COYI

• I think we may need to weather the storm for 95 minutes. But we can come through it.
  • edited February 2021
    We all know that Man City will dominate possession, I just hope that when we do get the ball we try and hang on to it for more than a few seconds and move up the pitch. I know at lot easier said than done.
  • As long as we don't give them too much respect as in the first half against the Pool. On the other hand.......