West Ham’s next boss

I didn’t think this would happen , but the season ticket holders I spoke today are not going to games due to West Ham poor performance,
The few I spoke to today want pell out ,
I think he should be given a few more weeks but I am not season ticket holder
So what next

Comments

• Genuinely not sure,really don’t know what I want,we have some serious problems,like and respect Pelle but wish he was more flexible with his tactics and setup,haven’t even considered a new manager as this situation has sprung up so quickly,desperately trying not to be knee jerk
  • imagelost said:

I didn’t think this would happen , but the season ticket holders I spoke today are not going to games

Excellent.

Cancel their season tickets and give them to someone who is on the waiting list.
  • MrsGrey said:

imagelost said:

I didn’t think this would happen , but the season ticket holders I spoke today are not going to games

Excellent.

Cancel their season tickets and give them to someone who is on the waiting list.
    Excellent
    There not allowed to demonstrate
  • I on the other hand don’t have a season wish to have One
  • A few more bad results and people will be planning another “Burnley” type protest!
  • What I see today Was easy going folks that go matches
  • Pelle is safe.

We haven’t even had the public interview/statement that is always a sign that they are not happy. He won’t be anywhere near to the sack before that happens.
  • Pellegrini is 3rd favourite to be the next manager to leave (8/1) behind Hassenhutl (11/8) and Emery (2/1).

Those are long odds compared to the other two so as yet none of the bookies have odds on who his replacement will be.
  • Obviously if results don’t improve and he fails to turn things around then Pelle will undoubtedly be shown the managerial turnstile. But before that the board need to be sounding out a replacement. This time let’s hope there’s a lot more thought goes into it. A potential candidate for me would be Scott Parker who is showing his usual steel at Fulham and we all know he gives his all.
  • edited November 2019
    'Cancel their season tickets and give them to someone who is on the waiting list. '

to clarify
    I don't think they should lose their season tickets if they list them on the ticket exchange to make them available to other fans :ok:

But if they simply stay away, the club has the right to revoke their season ticket and let someone else use it. (Terms and Conditions 4.9.2... or possibly 4.2.9 something like that.)

And quite right too, imo.
  • MrsGrey said:

imagelost said:

Excellent.

You said it
  • edited November 2019
    DJ Hammer said:

A potential candidate for me would be Scott Parker who is showing his usual steel at Fulham and we all know he gives his all.

I'm not so sure Scott Parker would want to come here. Remember when we got relegated he wanted to stay within the M25 because of his kids and the first team that S&G tried to sell him to was Fenerbahce followed by Villa,

In the last ten years our owners have managed to alienate a large section of the footballing community by their cack-handed approach.
  • edited November 2019
    Yeah lets get rid of the manager because that has really helped us recently...we were so good when we got BFS in, and then Slav after him and then Moyes and now with Pelle.

In fact, with the abundance of evidence that proves that all we need to do is change manager to solve all our problems I can't think of a single reason why we shouldn't do it.

Lets just do 2 year contracts from now on and make it an actual plan to change our manager every couple of years, that way as soon as stuff starts to go wrong, instead of working out why things are going pear shaped year after year after year after year (etc) we can just blame the current manager and hope that the next one will solve all our issues.

So I reckon we should get Benitez in for the next couple of years and then maybe try and poach Howe for the following two years, not sure who for the 2 after that but there must be someone out there who fancies 2 years of PL or maybe championship managerial experience.

Maybe we could look at some of the kids who are playing fifa20 and get one of those to manage us for a couple of years, bet there are loads of kids winning stuff online that could step up and do a stint.
  • I would love Moyes back, but think it would be weird. So Houghton or Di Canio for me please.
  • Moojor, problem is though at the moment 1 of the kids who are playing fifa20 could do a better job than Pelle, they might just have a plan B... :whistle: ;)
  • Rather than focus on why x,y,z manager has not worked out for us and then been replaced, why not focus on why the Dave’s seem to go for the easy to get / out of work manager rather than try and prise one away from a club where the manager is doing a good job (in a competitive league)

• Those who love stats will I am sure be able to correct me, but I think I am right in saying that in 16 years owning Birmingham and 10 years (Jan 20) sully and gold have reached one league cup final (runners up) and one league cup semi. That’s the sum total of achievement after owning two pretty big clubs for 26 years. Others may have a different view, but I don’t think that’s particularly great.
  • Rather than focus on why x,y,z manager has not worked out for us and then been replaced, why not focus on why the Dave’s seem to go for the easy to get / out of work manager rather than try and prise one away from a club where the manager is doing a good job (in a competitive league)

Tbf to them, I don’t think many people thought we were making bad appointments in Bilic or Pellegrini. Grant & Moyes yes, Sam maybe.

I’ve seen people say they are cheap so won’t pay compensation, but I’ve also seen people batter Pelle for being so highly paid
  • What hurts us most in terms of appointments, IMO (and hurts a lot of teams) is a lack of long-term strategy.

In their time, they’ve gone from Zola to Grant to Allardyce to Bilic to Moyes to Pelle. Every one of those changes means a manager has arrived that plays a completely different way to the one before.

We have a team of (on paper) quality footballers. So, if they want to replace Pelle, I want to see them think about that a little better, and make sure the next manager plays the right way to build upon what’s good about the team at the moment.
  • A start would be to appoint someone on an upwards career trajectory. Is that so difficult to achieve? Obviously for us it is.

A small part of me is even envious at Stoke getting Michael O’Neill.
  • Phil Neville might be available soon. :whistle:
  • Agree on the upward career trajectory... There are old school managers and those with a more modern outlook/perception of modern way to go about things.

For me, its crucial that we get someone that will give us an identity.

Old school West Ham or not, I want to enjoy good football/be entertained. Yes, that is more important for me than winning a lot.

Nice to win obviously but I reckon someone like Benitez would be too defensive for my liking. I wouldn't even want Mourinho (not that he'd come). Wenger? Yep despite his age at least he had teams that were easy on the eye.
  • Baz,
    "I want to enjoy good football/be entertained. Yes, that is more important for me than winning a lot."

That's easy for you to say, being a 'Pool fan :lol:
  • With "'Pool" I get it all! Heavy Metal football, lost once in 50+ league games, Euro Champs, top of the league by 8, charismatic manager, amazing players, great YNWA song and all the spare tires I need :whistle:

After writing all that (and stopping myself from writing more) I now truly feel like a masochist for being a virtually life long WHU fan :weep:
  • That needs another couple of :weep: :weep:
  • In that article they called Lanzini "Mario" :lol:
  • Thanks a lot you people ,just got on here thinking pelle was gone ........Well seems he is still here :fishslap: ............................................. :weep: :weep: :weep:
  • edited November 2019
    Steve, we need to be concentrating on the goalkeeper crisis more than Pelligrini.
  • edited November 2019
    Baz,

Old school West Ham or not, I want to enjoy good football/be entertained. Yes, that is more important for me than winning a lot.

That is the "West Ham Way". Oh for a time when we could win 1-0 on a regular basis and actually achieve something. Another season in the offing when survival will be deemed as success. I have supported this club for over half a century and it's about time we had some owners and a manager who can actually bring us a period of prosperity. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. No decent No.2 goalkeeper and no acceptable back up in the CDM role. Remind me is this the same board who appointed Avram Grant?
This discussion has been closed.