Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    ;bowdown

My go to reaction is panic ( ;wahoo )

Its good to see that yours is to go and find some FACTS ;thumbsup
  • suz, ;lol
  • Facts? On here ;hmm
  • I apologise.

;yercoat

(Luke has link to a forum where, I think, they are less bovvered about that sort of thing ;wink )
  • So as Croatia only joined in 2013, the law includes them as non-EU,
    Luke, now I know you don't read my posts ;wink

I put on the transfers thread an explanation in the context of signing Croatian and Turkish players: when Croatia joined, the UK decided to disapply the 'freedom of workers movement' bits of the EU treaty until 2018. After that date (if we are still in the EU) the normal EU rules on workers being able to move and work in any country without a visa will apply to Croatian nationals too.
  • MrsG ;nonono

Of course I read your posts. I have to because I'm a mod. ;wink (joke, I enjoy all posts).

I thought the other forum was wrong, but just wasn't sure.

I did look up that's purple certificate stuff, but wasn't 100% sure. ;ok
  • edited June 2015
    Luke, just to clarify - he can come in on the purple certificate as a tier 2 or tier 5 visa (a tier 5 is a 12 month visa, that can be renewed annually).

But in any case, the Tier 2 cap doesn't apply to anyone earning more than £150,000 per year.

So either way, he should be ok. ;ok
  • And if not, he can be the first Skype manager.
  • This comment on KUMB made me chuckle ;biggrin

"Only West Ham could hire the one economic migrant from Eastern Europe who can't get a work permit."
  • I alway find it amusing when people who don't actually know what they are talking about don't let it get in the way of their prejudices ;ok
  • edited June 2015
    In other news, these names mean nothing to me...

@WHUFC_News: Nicola Jurcevic, Edin Terzic and Miljenko Rak are set to join #WHUFC as Slaven Bilic's backroom staff. [Mail] http://t.co/0ZpvfXJiTk

• One assumes they'll all be bearded ;hmm
  • Worth a few scrabble points. ;hmm
  • Are proper nouns not still banned?
  • OCS / Luke ;lol
  • Mourinho sent Bilic a text welcoming him to the league, nice touch ;ok

Hope he replied asking for Remy ;whistle
  • Nicola Jurcevic, Edin Terzic and Miljenko Rak are set to join #WHUFC as Slaven Bilic's backroom staff
    Nicola Jurcevic has been Slav's assistant manager at Croatia, Lokomotiv and Besiktas, the rest I'm going to have to Google
  • Terzic was next down the chain from Jurcevic so I guess he'll slot into first team coach role. Rak was fitness coach at Besiktas but has also trained Olympic athletes and the Croatian gold medal handball team. His personal best long jump was 7.99m but that was in 1971, he's 67 now so I doubt he could get quite that far these days.
  • edited June 2015
    Richard Keys' view, who I can't stand. He says, yep, 'careful what you wish for':

http://richardajkeys.com/richards-blog/entry/blog
  • ;angry he's off my Christmas card list
  • I see no one was willing to pay him to print that opinion.
  • Luke

The day I start paying any attention to that misogynist piece of something the cat just houcked up is the day I go and get a frontal lobotomy and resign from life.

He is the one that want's to be careful what I wish for...

• Richard Keys opinion counts for nothing. A disgusting human being.
  • Suzanne, yes yes and yes. Can't stand the man. ;angry
  • He's living the high life in Doha or Qatar, doing a show for BeIN sports, which has the rights to the Copa America. He is an irritating little man.

Graeme Le Saux did a Premier League Download for NBCSports and learned how to be a linesman. It was not as easy as he thought. He also did the refs training/fitness test, and only just passed it.

Twist - please don't post any more "guff" from that odious little man. He is nothing to us, doesn't like West Ham and his opinion is, IMO, of little value.
  • He's not a very pleasant piece of work, however there is nothing untoward about three of the points he made

1. The hierarchy stuffed up big time on the Grant/O'Neill thing and were left with egg on their faces
    2. That Bilic was well down the list of choices
    3. That they can sack him for nothing if we go down (been reported in a number of places)

I genuinely think the Dave's might have have got one of their tier two options had it not been for the sacked for the get nothing if relegated thing. Not going down became their obsession with this appointment rather than going forward from where Sam left us. And in the end IMO it was only Bilic who was willing to accept this.

What a shame - not the mindset in which a postive forward thinking appointment should be made, but let's see how we get on.
This discussion has been closed.