Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• ;lol 64
  • Reaper
    Yup, he's back

;run
  • I always wanted reiper to be our 'sweeper'.

It sounder better saying 'rieper the sweeper' instead of 'rieper the centreback'
  • Paul Brush was our sweeper ;ok
  • I liked Sam. I always thought it was a shame he's name was never really sung.

I hope they do sing Slav's name or The Mighty Beard (though I think he's shaved it off) or what ever he is anointed. I'm honestly not fussed if it is before before kick off of game 1. I just want that atmosphere back that I remember as a kid and that has IMO been lacking in recent years

Disclaimer - I know there are numerous reasons for my perceived lessening of an atmosphere (not least nostalgia-tinted-youth-goggles) but I think the anti - Sam section of support has been a factor
  • See you haven't changed your username Izzy... ;whistle
    I'm still grieving OCS

#Respect

;lol
  • He's shaved his beard?

#BilicOut
  • Rakis and the quality and type of football that's been served up ;ok
  • Paddy Power giving oddsof 4/1 to be sacked before Christmas Day.

Says it all really.

#ordoesit?
  • Woosie ;ok

There are loads of other factors too like ticket costs and greater ease in watching games from home, but I agree having something to cheer and that you want to show your support of/pride in is also a major factor.

I guess I just always thought/hoped that what we were proud of and wanted to support was West Ham rather than a manager or a way of performing. I fell in love with the history and the feel of the club, not how we actually played - we were Div.2 when I started watching us ;lol

Twist - yeah in the video of his send off from Besiktas he is clean shaved ;whome
  • I went to the Everton game in the cup and the atmosphere was amazing.

It's crazy what can happen when a team goes all out to actually Win a game
  • Rakis ;ok

Yep me too since 1958

I think a lot to do with it was the change to the construction of the stands too and of course the seating.

But entertaining thrilling football is what it's all about, not just results and we haven't had that for a long, long time.
  • mh - not saying we havent had the odd game where it was how I remember it, just that they have been few and far between.

I agree showing I willingness to go for the win helps though ;ok
  • See you haven't changed your username Izzy... ;whistle
    I'm still grieving OCS

#Respect

;lol
    ;quaver

Big Sam's Claret and blue Army ;quaver
  • edited June 2015
    Saw this on another forum and some are claiming it will effect Bilic's chances of getting a permit:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33101336

Is that right? ;hmm

Croatia are in the EU, or am I missing something? ;hmm
  • Work Permit?

m7r9c
  • edited June 2015
    So as Croatia only joined in 2013, the law includes them as non-EU, so we could potentially be without our manager until the 1st of July.

This is likely to apply to any coaching staff members that he wants to bring with him, as he has worked with fellow Croatians all his career.

So the players report back on the 22nd June and there will be nobody to greet them.
  • edited June 2015
    Oh...

• It'll be fine. He'll be here next week ;ok
  • The big question is will he regrow his beard ;hmm
  • He better!!

I've made such an effort with mine.
  • https://www.gov.uk/croatian-national

He'll be fine.

He doesn't need a tier 2 visa.

He can apply for the 'purple certificate' as he is Croation - basically, he is sponsored by a company.

The only companies who can sponsor in this category are on an official Home oFFice list

It's here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/434252/2015-06-11_Tier_25_Register_of_Sponsors.pdf

West Ham is on the list. ;ok

Took me 3 minutes to find that out.
  • edited June 2015
    ;bowdown

My go to reaction is panic ( ;wahoo )

Its good to see that yours is to go and find some FACTS ;thumbsup
  • suz, ;lol
  • Facts? On here ;hmm
  • I apologise.

;yercoat

(Luke has link to a forum where, I think, they are less bovvered about that sort of thing ;wink )
  • So as Croatia only joined in 2013, the law includes them as non-EU,
    Luke, now I know you don't read my posts ;wink

I put on the transfers thread an explanation in the context of signing Croatian and Turkish players: when Croatia joined, the UK decided to disapply the 'freedom of workers movement' bits of the EU treaty until 2018. After that date (if we are still in the EU) the normal EU rules on workers being able to move and work in any country without a visa will apply to Croatian nationals too.
  • MrsG ;nonono

Of course I read your posts. I have to because I'm a mod. ;wink (joke, I enjoy all posts).

I thought the other forum was wrong, but just wasn't sure.

I did look up that's purple certificate stuff, but wasn't 100% sure. ;ok
This discussion has been closed.