Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• JPeg over excitement...

• edited June 2015
    Richard Keys' view, who I can't stand. He says, yep, 'careful what you wish for':
    And West Ham finally have their man. Well, a man. Their 5th choice man, Slaven Bilic.

Why is it they always make such a hash of managerial appointments at Upton Park? Ms Brady once claimed my criticisms of the mess she made of sacking Avram Grant and finding a replacement were 'sexist'. N
    "always" make a hash of appointments? Okay, Handled Zola poorly, bad mistake with Grant, Got it spot on with Sam (which further down you say did everything - so how can he be a "hash"?) and probably have it right with Slaven The Beard. 5th Choice? If Richard Keys seriously believed they had a chance at some of the other top names, he's deluded, all they did was put their toe in the water for a couple of others, more in hope than anything else.....The Beard was always on their "short list" IMO.

"Sexist" well RK would know all about that wouldn't he......utter disgrace of a person saying the things he did - right out of the 70's and 80's.

Remember? Grant waving 'good-bye' after what he thought was his final game? West Ham believed they'd got Martin O'Neill lined up to replace him. They'd also spoken to Graeme Souness and Big Sam to see if either would be interested in the job. How do I know? They both asked for my thoughts. ... A mess I would say.

Hang on....Sourness and Samuel asked you Richard Keys, some smarmy TV presenter with exessively hair arms, for your thoughts on the West Ham job, don't make me laugh sunshine, more chance of them calling me up in Canada. So even though they didn't handle it well, MON basically went back on his word.......and changed his mind (which is his perogative)........Yes it was a mess, but it wasn't all their fault.

They're still at it. And what does it say about their belief in Bilic's ability to do the job that they've insisted he take a deal that pays him 'nothing' IF they go down this year. If they believe in him why are they even considering that as an option? Why?

Why the heck should any player or manager get rewarded for failure? I actually applaud the fact they've put this in his contract. The very reason SA (luckily) didn't go 18 months ago was because the Dave's didn't want to pay him out. It's not a good position to be in. If I underperfom in MY job, I get let go, no compensation, simple as that. They believe in him, but as we all know (well except you, you twonk) anything can and normally does happen in football.

Remember Bilic going down like a sack of spuds in that WC semi-final and costing Blanc a place in the final?

Oh hang on so The Beard is the only person ever to go down a little bit theatrically to gain some kind of advantage using sportsmanship? If FIFA had any ..... they would've seen it was an injustice and overturned it.

I do actually fear for West Ham. Big Sam did a fantastic job for them. He delivered on every front they asked and walked with pride.
    He delivered on "most" things Richard. Most of the 3rd season was awful and half the 4th season was poor as well. Sam plus the board and the players blew it.

Now jog on you clueless numpty.

;ok
  • Spot on IZWT... ;clap
  • Izzy - go on, admit it, that's aimed at me. ;lol ;biggrin
  • JPeg over excitement...

#giddy
  • This comment on KUMB made me chuckle ;biggrin

"Only West Ham could hire the one economic migrant from Eastern Europe who can't get a work permit."
    *chuckles*

And another one.....

"Its okay, he's a lawyer" (must know a bit about immigration surely!)
  • edited June 2015
    So as Croatia only joined in 2013, the law includes them as non-EU, so we could potentially be without our manager until the 1st of July.

This is likely to apply to any coaching staff members that he wants to bring with him, as he has worked with fellow Croatians all his career.

So the players report back on the 22nd June and there will be nobody to greet them.
    Don't worry sunshine......I know the man for the job, should this take a turn for the worst.

IMG_20150205_113226

IMG_20150511_132919

(And if anyone hadn't noticed "sunshine" is my word of the day ;ok )
  • Izzy - go on, admit it, that's aimed at me. ;lol ;biggrin
    ;whistle

;hug
  • Izzy

I've tweaked your Keys rant carefully considered argument, to reduce the amount directly quoted.

• Grey....

#GuiltyAsCharged
    #AllRise
    #ItsAFairCop
    #GotCarriedAway
    #TakeHimDown
  • Wait....Where's the beard?

#BilicOut
  • Where's Mighty Beard gone? ;hmm
  • #BilicOut
  • #bilicout

#beardin
  • The big question is... does he chew gum?
  • If he doesn't now I bet he will by mid season plus his smoking habit will hit 40 a day.
  • And the just for Men....he's looking greyer.

To be honest he's starting to look like sam? ;hmm
    Minus the hippohead ;ok
  • just left a spontaneously negative comment on that twonk Richard Keys web site, after cutting out a potentially libellous passage ;wink
  • edited June 2015
    Order restored.

Nothing to see here (apart from the beard...)

bilic
  • And breathe... ;phew
  • edited June 2015

Great big bushy beard!
  • Greg, KHA ;clap
    Slaven enjoying a little time out.
  • Wombat

Yeah, but the hat makes him look ridiculous...
  • 64 and LGH in a few years...
This discussion has been closed.