Brentford V West Ham, Sunday 14th May, 13:00 GMT / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CET

I'd be happy with a point from this one.

Is everyone happy with the time info =)

COYI

Comments

• Is everyone happy with the time info =)

Pretty sure we've got some American members 😂🤣😂

• edited May 2023

COYI

Yes, but I don't like the capital v. 🤷‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

COYI

Yes, but I don't like the capital v. 🤷‍♂️
    Don't knock it, it worked perfectly well for the ECL game B)
  • Is everyone happy with the time info =)

Pretty sure we've got some American members 😂🤣😂

They made their life choices, not expat’s problem
  • So absolutely no sympathy for Aussie fans then =)
  • edited May 2023
    MC Christian Norgaard (Achilles), CB Pontus Jansson (hamstring), LW/RW Keane Lewis-Potter (knee) and back up GK Thomas Strakosha (calf) unavailable

Noorgaard is the only one who has been a regular, started every game except one when he's been available
  • Fabianski

Johnson Kehrer Ogbonna Aguerd Emerson

Cornet Downes Lanzini Fornals

Ings

Full change.
  • A few changes for me, but important to take another point or 3 just in case Leeds or Leicester win.

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Lanzini - Fornals
    Cornet
  • We do have at lest one Canadian member .,................ME,..... =)
  • Lukerz said:

A few changes for me, but important to take another point or 3 just in case Leeds or Leicester win.

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Lanzini - Fornals
    Cornet

A bit lightweight up front don't you think?
  • With Thursday looking tight, I'd rest a couple for this.

Fabianski
    Johnson Aguerd Ogbonna Cresswell
    Downes Soucek Fornals
    Bowen Ings Cornet

If Coufal is fit I'd play him in this or the AZ game, with Kehrer playing in the other. Johnson's form as it is means he's a firm third choice for me at the moment.

We'll know by the time we play Brentford whether Leeds can catch us. That might have an influence on how much we put into this game. Just a shame that Leicester don't play until Monday; had they and Leeds both been Saturday games we could have been safe gong into this one.

Would gladly take a point; Brentford can still get 6th or 7th so have Europe to aim for, and I'm expecting them to give this one a good go.

Heart says 1-1, head says 2-1.
  • It's about time we beat Brentford in a league game.
  • edited May 2023
    I think a lot will depend on today. If Leeds beat Newcastle, Forest get something at Chelsea, I don’t see Moyes resting anybody.

We’d be 4 clear of Leeds which could go to 1 or 2 should we lose/draw tomorrow & Leeds turn us over. I know the set of results needed from four teams blows us looks unlikely, but can’t rest players massively until we’re safe. I think if Leeds & Forest lose today, we will. Leeds won’t be able to catch us if they lose today.
  • Or if Leeds draw, they can't really catch us unless the goal difference really changes.....
  • Did the double over us last season & beat us earlier at London Stadium. We did beat them in the FA Cup, though.
  • I don't think any of the bottom teams are winning or drawing this week. Fully expect Newcastle Liverpool City Chelsea to beat their counter parts this weekend.

2 of those need the points for Champs League and City need to keep pace for the title.

Just cant see any of them picking up points.

Will be done this gameweek for any safety concerns.
  • Leeds v Newcastle will be interesting, if Leeds get the first goal that is going to be a very challenging afternoon for Newcastle. Both desperate for points so both anxious in their own right.
  • I dont mind the 6am kick off in California. If we lose, I go bck to bed and pretend it was a dream/nightmare
  • I think we'll sort of be on the beach and sort of saving ourselves for AZ 2nd leg and we'll get turned over big time. Hopefully that prediction will fall flat on its face.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I think we'll sort of be on the beach and sort of saving ourselves for AZ 2nd leg and we'll get turned over big time. Hopefully that prediction will fall flat on its face.

I hope you’re well wrong too ⚒️👍🏻
  • I have watched pretty much every minute of every first team game this season but today I shall be unable. A very good friend is being flown in a Spitfire as a 60th birthday treat. I shall be there to see him take off from Headcorn at 14.00 BST etc and then a gang of us are having a party picnic upon his safe landing. He was advised not to eat beforehand as the flight will include a barrel roll and the last time he did one of those was as passenger in my Mini 1275GT 42 years ago.
    COYI
  • edited May 2023
    Draw today is all we need. Means Leeds can’t catch us & Leicester would need to beat Liverpool, Newcastle & us. Of course, win & we’re mathematically safe.
  • Impossible to call how today is going to go.
  • Brentford don’t lose very often - only the top three have lost fewer times than them this season. If we play our proper first team I think we’ll draw, if we rotate I think we’ll lose.
  • We need a bit of squad rotation, we did it for the City game through illness rather than choice, and then produced one of our best results of the season by beating Man Utd. The chances of us going down are extremely small, and entirely in our own hands after this game, so we need to prioritise the second leg and rest a few players here.
  • For those of an aesthetic disposition, the photos on the club's Instagram account suggests we're wearing the away shirt (black), with home shorts (blue) and 3rd kit socks (white and orange) 😬
  • edited May 2023
    Fabiański, Johnson, Aguerd, Ogbonna ©, Emerson, Downes, Souček, Fornals, Lanzini, Cornet, Ings
    Subs: Areola (GK), Benrahma, Bowen, Cresswell, Kehrer, Mubama, Paquetá, Rice, Zouma

Not sure why Antonio isn't on the bench, but glad we're resting some players.
  • Antonio was limping on Thursday night
  • Wonder where Cornet will be playing today. RW, ST with Ings, LW.
  • No Toney