Brentford V West Ham, Sunday 14th May, 13:00 GMT / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CET

Comments

• That is just plain wrong under the current guidelines.
  • Incredible, ignore the rules
  • He should definitely keep his arms down and smash his face into the post.
  • Wow, we get one back but VAR rule it out, may not deserve to be back in it but the decision was very harsh in my opinion.

• Correct decision. If it hadn’t hit Mubama’s arm it wouldn’t have dropped for Lanzini to cross it. Stupid the way the law works but it’s right according to the letter.
  • We must have been on the receiving end of more diabolical refereeing decisions than any other team in the PL. I've said it before, something stinks >:)
  • edited May 2023

Correct decision. If it hadn’t hit Mubama’s arm it wouldn’t have dropped for Lanzini to cross it. Stupid the way the law works but it’s right according to the letter.

I don't think you're right tbh, for an attacker it has to be a deliberate hand ball if it's involved in the build up (rather than by the goalscorer where it's stricter) and there's no way that was deliberate by Mubama.
  • Benrahma with such a feeble effort.
    Another game where we are deserving of nothing
  • Irrespective of the VAR, that goal is where Ings shines, he is a classic fox in the box, not sure how many times we have to say it, he is not a lone striker.

That is why I struggle with DM, we make numerous changes to the first 11, have no problem with that, but it seems illogical to me to assume that when you replace your first 11, that those who are coming in are automatically assumed to be playing in their strongest position.

With Antonio up top on his own, you can be set up to play a certain way and use his physical presence, Ings does not have that presence or physicality, so surely you have to be set up differently.

Change the first eleven by all means but IMO that should also result in a change in tactic, surely, this would have been the ideal chance to try something a little different
  • Such a weak shot by Benrahma again, what is wrong with the guy, given how well he strikes his penalties?
  • Irrespective of the VAR, that goal is where Ings shines, he is a classic fox in the box, not sure how many times we have to say it, he is not a lone striker.

That is why I struggle with DM, we make numerous changes to the first 11, have no problem with that, but it seems illogical to me to assume that when you replace your first 11, that those who are coming in are automatically assumed to be playing in their strongest position.

With Antonio up top on his own, you can be set up to play a certain way and use his physical presence, Ings does not have that presence or physicality, so surely you have to be set up differently.

Change the first eleven by all means but IMO that should also result in a change in tactic, surely, this would have been the ideal chance to try something a little different

He just has plan a and that's it. If that don't work we're in trouble.
  • Bowen on for Ings.
  • Back to hoping Liverpool do us a favour tomorrow
  • Has Rice been told to take it easy ?
    He’s been a little slow at times IMO
  • Well Everton need to win 2 out of 2 to go above us.
  • We've been battered really. But if Liverpool win tomorrow and we can get past Alkmaar Thursday its just another right off.
  • I can imagine Rice thinking he's only got a few more games of this dross to suffer and then he's off.
  • I can see Everton winning those 2
  • Lucky to only lose by 2
    If we don’t make it to the final this result will be even harder to accept
    Only positive for me, seemingly no new injuries
  • Clumsy by Downes in the box, seen those given tbh.
  • I am very relaxed about how that performance went. AZ Alkmaar will have been successfully lulled into a false sense of security.
  • Game was lost before a ball was kicked. Getting excited by other teams losing. Happened far to much this season.
  • A bit harsh to have ruled-out the Ings goal but it was a poor performance.
  • So the history books will record a 2-0 win for Brentford and in the scheme of things the result itself is of little concern, however.

Sometimes you can lose 2-0 and feel hard done by, it infers a relatively close game but that was not the case today.

Make no mistake, irrespective of the disallowed goal ( as 2-1 would have almost been a travesty,) we were lucky to get away with that result.

Hopefully this can be swiftly left in the rear view mirror
  • I'm not saying Areola is necessarily the answer, but there's no way Fabianski should be our first choice keeper next season; way too many goals recently where he shouldn't have been beaten imo.

He should’ve done better with the first goal yes, but if it wasn’t for Fabianski it could easily have been four or five.

• Buffy what suggests to you that the ref and VAR think that Mubama accidentally handled and then got the decision wrong.
    I think they believe they got the decision right but based on wrongfully thinking the handball was not accidental.
  • Cant see any reason to keep Moyes next season. all we seem to do is get to the final third, stop and play the ball backwards.Bowen and Benrama are exceptions occasionally but overall i think our attacking play is very poor. Defending not much better at times either! we will be very lucky if we stay up.
  • edited May 2023
    I never agree with making wholesale changes in a PL game, especially when you’ve had a pretty appalling season.

For Moyes it was mission accomplished. He must’ve known that side would not win the game & made no subs at HT so he was happy to take the 0 points, no damage done to the GD & protect all the first choice.
  • Brentford, like Brighton, just seem to have our number. Plus they're both better footballing teams than us. Not difficult this season though, to be fair.

No surprises over the result, nor the performance really. All eggs appear to now be in the ECL basket but we've managed to put plenty of unnecessary pressure on the Leeds game.

They've shown a lot of fight in their last couple of games and you can bet your bottom dollar Allardyce will have them well up for the game.
  • I’m very surprised that anyone thinks there’s is any pressure on the Leeds or Leicester games. We’re safe, we were safe last weekend.