Brentford V West Ham, Sunday 14th May, 13:00 GMT / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CET

12346»

Comments

• we're never beating Brighton or Brentford

Always used to be Bolton. Maybe any team starting with B has an instant advantage
    Like Beverton, Ban City, Bhelsea....
  • I'm actually looking forward to the off-season. Between the football we're playing and the VAR calls going against us, I'll be glad to have no football for a couple of months.
  • alderz said:

I’m very surprised that anyone thinks there’s is any pressure on the Leeds or Leicester games. We’re safe, we were safe last weekend.

No we're not.
    Forest max points possible 40
    Leicester max points possible 39
    Everton max points possible 38
  • mike said:

alderz said:

I’m very surprised that anyone thinks there’s is any pressure on the Leeds or Leicester games. We’re safe, we were safe last weekend.

No we're not.
    You know how bad we’ve been this season? We’re ahead of all three of those teams, because they have been MORE rubbish than us. And you think that two or more of them will all of their remaining games?
  • mike said:

alderz said:

No we're not.
    Possible but extremely unlikely.
  • for the lovers of stats, var decisions so far

Total overturns: 109
    Rejected overturns: 4

Leading to goals: 32
    Leading to disallowed goals: 49
    Penalties awarded: 26 (8 missed)
    Pens for handball: 15
    Penalties overturned: 12 (3 for offside)
    Penalties retakes (GK/DEF encroach): 1
    Penalties retakes (ATT encroach): 0
    Goals ruled out for offside: 32
    Goals awarded after incorrect offside: 13
    Goals ruled out for handball: 6
    Goals allowed after wrong handball: 0
    Goals ruled out for a foul: 9
    Red cards: 6
    Overturned red cards: 3
  • edited May 2023
    alderz said:

mike said:

alderz said:

No we're not.
    You know how bad we’ve been this season? We’re ahead of all three of those teams, because they have been MORE rubbish than us. And you think that two or more of them will all of their remaining games?
    It's not about will, but could. People didn’t think Everton would get anything from Brighton. People thought Newcastle would beat Leeds.

I think we all accept it's very unlikely that we'll go down, but it's not impossible. And that's enough to have me a little nervous going into the last two.
  • OCS, I agree. IF we win our Semi Final on Thursday I would expect us to not really turn up in our last two games so that would mean Leeds & Leicester will be at least three points nearer us come the end of the season. There will be another strange result somewhere before the end of this campaign involving the relegation candidates hopefully it won't be for Everton or Nottingham Forest. =)
  • alderz said:

mike said:

alderz said:

No we're not.
    If Leeds beat us next week and the other teams get results then we will be going into the Leicester match probably needing a result.Highly unlikely yes but it still could happen
    Until we're mathematically safe I'm not going to get complacent.

• OCS, I agree. IF we win our Semi Final on Thursday I would expect us to not really turn up in our last two games so that would mean Leeds & Leicester will be at least three points nearer us come the end of the season. There will be another strange result somewhere before the end of this campaign involving the relegation candidates hopefully it won't be for Everton or Nottingham Forest. =)

The final is not until June. Why would we play a weakend team next weekend?
  • edited May 2023
    On the other hand, we may already be safe before we have to pick our team for next weekend. All depends on the Leicester, Everton and Notts Forest games.
  • MIAHammer, Because we wouldn't want to take any risks getting any injuries to our key players?
  • We're safe. Leeds have to win both of their games and they won't beat us next week. Leicester don't beat Liverpool tomorrow and I'm pretty certain they won't, then they can't catch us. We're safe.
  • Leeds can’t catch us. They won’t win both with the required GD swing.
  • Lukerz said:

Leeds can’t catch us. They won’t win both with the required GD swing.

This I agree with, tomorrow I will be as much a Liverpool fan as I’ve ever been, yuk, Thanks Moyes for me having to stoop to this low level 🤮
  • I certainly believe we are safe but for me, the problem is that with just a couple of games left, we are having this conversation

I know the league never lies but IMO this team is better than our league position indicates
  • I was surprised to see the amount of changes, I expected Zouma, Antonio to be rested, & possibly one/two of the midfield five, but didn’t expect only Soucek, Aguerd, Ogbonna to remain given we still needed points to be mathematically safe. A disappointing afternoon.
  • edited May 2023
    Can't bring myself to watch MOTD2, but I'd interested to hear (from anyone that watches it) if anything is made of the disallowed goal or if it's just laughed off by the presenters as usual.
  • If anything deserves to be laughed off, it was Fornals corner at the end of the 1st half
  • 2 goals in the first half was depressing. Before the match I thought West Ham could have pulled off a draw.
  • Can't bring myself to watch MOTD2, but I'd interested to hear (from anyone that watches it) if anything is made of the disallowed goal or if it's just laughed off by the presenters as usual.

Both Danny Murphy and Shay Given in the MOTD studio said it was a joke that the goal was disallowed.
    It came off the post on to Mubama's hand.How can that be too high or in an unnatural position?.If that was given maybe that would have give us some incentive to go on and get something out of the game.
  • Thanks mike 👍.
  • Watched MOTD and the post match interviews and this saying came to mind.
    "(Be) humble in victory, gracious in defeat", something that Thomas Franks could do well to heed. He's another reason why I don't like Brentford.
  • I like Thomas Frank
  • BND, So he comes from the same "it's hard to be humble" coaching school as Mr Cooper @ the Forest then!
  • I'd have Cooper.
  • IronHerb said:

I'd have Cooper.

You’re welcome to him.
    In that case I’d stick with Moyes 🤣😉
  • Ironherb, I would rather have Tommy Cooper than Steve! One for the older members of this site. 😁
  • Just like that……
  • He hurt himself at West Ham, he walked into a bar......