Brentford V West Ham, Sunday 14th May, 13:00 GMT / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CET

Comments

• I think Aguerd is a very good centre half, but he really struggled on the right hand side of a two. We need another right sided CB in the summer to back up Zouma, IMO.
  • A couple of crisp passes forward and from left to right, ball ends up with Soucek with Johnson his only option and the momentum is completely lost.
  • alderz said:

I think Aguerd is a very good centre half, but he really struggled on the right hand side of a two. We need another right sided CB in the summer to back up Zouma, IMO.

Yeah, I thought the same against Palace I think it was, once Zouma went off.
  • I am obviously watching this game, however I really did not expect to be entertained and it looks like I have admirably managed my expectations - intrigued to see how Cornet and Downes play but otherwise, I wish I was neutral and able to watch Everton Vs City

• It's like Noble's still playing, just sideways or backwards passing.
  • Johnson needs replacing
  • Goal difference may not be an issue but points maybe. Three of those below us can overtake us.

Moyes obviously thinks that Liverpool will beat Leicester tomorrow so won’t be able to overtake us which means barring a massive GD swing we’re safe regardless of what Everton does.

• How are we not 2-0 behind?
  • Should be 3 down really
  • Hamstew said:

Johnson needs replacing

not PL standard imo.
  • Hamstew said:

Johnson needs replacing

not PL standard imo.
    Nor is Downes.
  • edited May 2023
    This is another shocking performance regardless who is playing.
    Terrible
    Aguerd IMO also not good enough for PL, don’t buy the argument which side he plays, he’s too inconsistent
  • Hamstew said:

Johnson needs replacing

I thought he was OK at the start of the season, considering he was being played all across the back line, but he's looked really poor since the Brighton game; I wonder if it's a confidence thing.

And we concede to a throw in yet again.
  • Another goal conceded from a Brentford throw-ln. >:)
  • Our defending is a joke
  • Well this is a hard watch
  • Worst corner ever by Fornals?
  • Haha omg
  • edited May 2023
    This is going to be a long afternoon, we have not really threatened anything - oh boy - Fornals corner at the end there - what was that - you would not have been allowed to get away with that at Fairlop
  • Another waste of my Sunday morning.
  • Just the confidence boost for Thursday.
    He’s got this one very wrong IMO
  • I have nothing better to do on a Sunday or any day really =)
  • On the plus side, Everton are 2-0 down to City.
  • On the plus side, Everton are 2-0 down to City.

Really is the story of our Prem season. Looking at other scores.
  • edited May 2023
    Toots and the Maytals at HT, at least something to enjoy =)
  • Very embarrassing first-half. Outplayed by Brentford in every department. Lucky to be only 2-0 down. We can't defend, can't pass, can't keep the ball, can't attack. Players already seem to be on the holiday beach. Need to make wholesale changes in personnel, formation, tactics before we take a real hammering.
  • It is poor and I would have hoped the team put out would represent better, but I would rather this than see Dec, Bowen, Zouma or Antonio pick up an injury. We put a lot into United last week and were very flat in the week so I am happy to watch this match go in the hope we are safe 0n 37 with our goal difference, and should we need we can pick up points next week at home to Leeds.
  • edited May 2023
    So with Everton behind a point would have made us safe .