Crystal Palace vs West Ham, Sat 29th April, 12.30pm

edited April 2023 in Match Threads
I’ll give this a go. After being robbed vs Liverpool (?), we need this one to ensure safety IMO. Playing well now so for me the same team, except including Fornals for Benrahma.

Comments

• Please beat this mob
  • This is a game we need to win if we want to take the pressure off of ourselves, with City & Man Utd to follow.
  • If we win we go ahead of them too
  • A win here allows us to go into both Manchester games as almost free hits and into a semi final tie knowing we should be safe.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals
  • Are we all in agreement that Soucek has been doing alright recently?
  • Alright is about it ,Not great just alright
  • He needs a goal.
  • I'd say he's doing better than he was but still doesn't offer that much for me.
  • Do we agree Fornals should start?
  • I would play Fornals in the middle.
  • Do we agree Fornals should start?

Yes
  • I think this is a perfect opportunity for us. They are safe, have just lost a match & we have a good record against them at their place. A great chance for 3 points & we’re both safe.
  • West Ham beat Palace
    Leicester and Everton Draw
    Bournemouth and Leeds Draw
    Forest and Brentford Draw

Leicester and Everton in the relegation Zone still then, West Ham safe and 7 points gap :)

its all i ask for please !
  • I think that Leicester will beat Everton
  • Zaha back for this one
  • DJ Hammer said:

Zaha back for this one

Oh god!
  • edited April 2023
    Not much in Moyes's presser today, Scamacca obviously out, but otherwise more or less everyone should be available, so a similar squad to Wednesday expected:

https://www.whufc.com/news/moyes-crystal-palace-roy-hodgson-and-paquetas-form
  • This is a really important match, not because I think it will decide whether we stay up or not, as even should we lose we will have at least the matches against Brentford, Leeds and Leicester to secure the three points I feel we will need for that. This game will mean we can relax a little and not need to go into City and United having to scrap for every possible chance of a point and we can prepare for the Conference Semi Final. It may even allow us to rest Antonio for the Semi Final also.
  • Hamstew said:

DJ Hammer said:

Zaha back for this one

Oh god!
    Loss! Sorry Ham. :(
  • I'll cheer you up Ham, I'm going for a win.
  • Respect the point
  • 4-0 away win.
  • Feeling pretty comfortable now, expecting us to keep up the momentum and produce a decent performance,

I really should know better………..
  • I’d say a draw suits both clubs to an extent. 1-1.
  • edited April 2023
    Hodgson started the same XI four games in a row apart from replacing Zaha (groin) with Ayew and Guaita (calf strain) with Johnstone after the first game. Despite recovering Guaita has spent the last two games on the bench

Johnstone
    Ward Andersen Goehl Mitchell
    Eze Doucoure Schlupp
    Olise Edouard Ayew

Against Wolves he made four changes and recorded his first loss

Johnstone
    Richards Andersen Guehl Mitchell
    Lokonga Milivojevic Hughes
    Olise Ayew Eze

It wouldn't be a surprise if he reverted to the more successful starting XI
  • I honestly look at those players and stadium and think "how are they a premier league club"?
    Apart from a couple of the obvious players.
  • I think they’ve got a decent team, tbh. I really rate both the centre backs and I like Mitchell at LB too. Eze & Olive are both very exciting too
  • edited April 2023
    I did say apart from a couple of the obvious ones. Eze and Olise and you're right Anderson. Mitchell has been poor according to my Palace friends.
    Yes I have Palace friends 😔