Crystal Palace vs West Ham, Sat 29th April, 12.30pm

Comments

• How have we scored two goals?
  • Paqueta has also be anonymous today so far.....Just can't get to grips with their midfield and attacking line up....

Yup, no-one has impressed, to be honest. A real flat performance. The only good thing is our set piece threat seems to be returning.

This ref is dreadful, by the way. Completely reacting to the crowd.
  • What a dive!!!!! Pawson you muppet
  • Pretty fuming after that. Clearly still goals in it for us but some of that abject defending.
  • Given how both our goals have come from corners, and how Olise has murdered Emerson, I’d have Cresswell on at half time.
  • Not a great half of football from us. Offered almost nothing from open play but only one behind, so still all to play for.

Not sure if it's fatigue or complacency, but we look well off the pace. Palace playing right through our midfield with ease. Need a big second half here.
  • Formals off and and Soucek as I fear a red is on the way with this ref.
  • HT: 3-2. Too many passengers today IMO. Fornals has hardly touched the ball, and Paquta and Rice don’t seem to have done much either- you could probably say that for several others as well.
  • Conceded three terrible goals and Antonio limping. Not seen much of Rice o Fornals. Need to bring on Benarahma and change the midfield formation as Palace are winning all second balls.
  • Cresswell on for Emerson, Soucek has been doing that all season, gifting away possession or being robbed but he’s got away with it generally. Paqueta has had one of his ‘no show’ games & Rice hasn’t had much influence that half.
  • Overall, I think we can take some comfort that despite gifting them a goal, losing Zouma and not playing that well, we are still very much in this game.

We do need to kick it up a notch, (looking at you Declan and Paq) but it is far from a lost cause.

I can see Benny coming on at the hour mark as he can run with the ball and take it to them
  • edited April 2023
    Ok, so a 5 goal first half and IMHO we are lucky to still be in it.

We look dangerous at corners, for a change, but defending has been pushed a lot of the time and our midfield have in all reality been under the cosh for most of that half and can't cope with theirs....
    Fabianski hasn't made that crucial save we want him to and Zouma, not as good as many think he is.....Soucek daydreaming for their 3rd....

Moyes is going to need to change things up.....

Fornals has hardly been involved in the game at all and we can't afford to carry players, Paqueta a little more involved I suppose....

Our midfield in general has been over run for most and needs tightening up, even though we need goal/s to get back into it....

Zaha giving nightmares to Coufal and Olise is to Emerson....

From that half I can see Palace scoring more than us, let me be very wrong PLEASE....
    COYI .......
  • Dropping Cresswell for Emerson for this is probably Moyes worst tactical call in charge.
  • Not going to excuse that defending unless we win 4-3
  • Lukerz said:

Dropping Cresswell for Emerson for this is probably Moyes worst tactical call in charge.

Do you really think Cresswell would have pocketed Olise?

We have two bang average left backs at the club. That's the real issue.
  • Just have no idea how to play against teams with quick skillful players.
  • edited April 2023
    No but he understands how to defend, just basic positioning, which Emerson doesn’t.
  • Zouma injure could be season ending .not what we need
  • Creswell and Benny on
  • Cresswell and Benrahma for Emerson and Fornals.

Let's see what difference this makes.
  • edited April 2023
    All 5 goals should never have happened. All down to bad decision making or just bad play. Got nothing to do with tactics or formations. Just get the basics right.
    Play like this against City and they will punish every mistake.
  • Say its a good game .I think its awfull
  • I think that if you make two changes to the side, and then undo them both after 45 minutes, it’s about as big an admission of “I’ve made a mistake here” as you’ll see.
  • Hamstew said:

Just have no idea how to play against teams with quick skillful players.

Which is a problem in the fastest league in the world 😄
  • Refs giving every 50/50 against us
  • edited April 2023
    alderz said:

Refs giving every 50/50 against us

As I said, completely playing to the crowd. It's infuriating. But something we used to get at Upton Park when the crowd was on top of the officials.
  • Antonio getting dragged but doesn’t fall over so we get nothing.
  • alderz said:

Antonio getting dragged but doesn’t fall over so we get nothing.

Same as it ever was. He gets so few freekicks because he's so physical himself.
  • alderz said:

Refs giving every 50/50 against us

Ref is having a shocker, it's not just the 50/50s we're not getting.
  • The 2 changes he made at the beginning were what people were asking