Fulham away Saturday 8th April 15.00 BST.

Thanks Steve it was nice while it lasted. Not much time to get over last night's match but really need to bounce back with a performance and something to show for it.

Areola
Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
Rice
Bowen Paqueta Fornals Cornet
Antonio

Comments

• The worrying thing is the inability to score from open play. The last two games, goals from setpieces scored by CBs. I know there's been more.
  • edited April 2023
    Fabianski
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Lanzini - Rice - Emerson
    Fornals
    Antonio - Cornet

Or

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Bowen - Lanzini - Rice - Fornals
    Antonio - Cornet
  • After that defensive disaster I can see us going with a back 3/5. What I can’t see is Bowen not playing.

I reckon it’ll either be: Fab; Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson; Rice; Bowen Paqueta Soucek Benrahma; Antonio
    Or, Fab; Zouma Ogbonna Aguerd; Coufal Rice Paqueta Emerson; Bowen Antonio Benrahma
  • edited April 2023
    Agree...Bowen is the one of only a few players who has improved his form of late IMO.
  • Coufal and cornet has to start ,thought cornet look bright when he came on
  • So Sky say Moyes will be I charge but it’s a must not lose game for him.

Fulham are mid-table now. Not likely to get Europe. They’re a pretty good side but have hit a bit of a blip of late.
  • Obviously no Mitrovic but Willian will be back from his red card suspension
  • Lukerz said:

Fulham are mid-table now. Not likely to get Europe. They’re a pretty good side but have hit a bit of a blip of late.

Well that's done it then, you can always count on West Ham to help teams out of a current bad run.
  • Lukerz said:

So Sky say Moyes will be I charge but it’s a must not lose game for him.

'Must not lose game'. Talk about low expectations. We need wins against the likes of Fulham, Palace, Bournemouth etc. because we're getting nothing from City, Arsenal or Man Utd.

I can't quite believe the level of complacency being displayed.
  • Southampton - Man City, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle
    Leicester - Man City, Newcastle
    Bournemouth - Brighton, Man Utd
    Forest - Man Utd, Arsenal, Brighton
    Everton - Man Utd, Brighton, Newcastle, Man City
    West Ham - Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd
    Wolves - Brighton, Newcastle, Arsenal
    Leeds - Man City, Newcastle

• I fear that after yesterday’s defensive disaster, DM will feel he has to double down and look to secure us at the back, not expecting anything even vaguely adventurous from us on Saturday

Ho hum
  • chcicago, So no change to his usual tactics then?
  • I fear that after yesterday’s defensive disaster, DM will feel he has to double down and look to secure us at the back, not expecting anything even vaguely adventurous from us on Saturday

Ho hum

Fabianksi
    Coufal Kehrer Zouma Ogbonna Aguerd Emerson
    Rice Soucek Paqueta

Antonio
  • I have a family function at 4pm on saturday. Hate these family things so i can only watch the first half .Trying to get everyone here at 3 pm so i miss the whole game but no one seems to want to come early ,Cant think why =) looks like i am going to be stuck watching the first half
  • I’m sure that even if they wanted to and tried they couldn’t possibly commit the kind of defensive calamities they did last night.
    You might expect the odd one but 3 or 4 in one game beggars belief. Hope they’ve got them out of their systems.
  • Even if they make 1 mistake ,We would have to score 2 as we really need all 3 points
  • edited April 2023
    Fulham under Silva do not press the way Newcastle do, in fact the reverse. They sit back, build up the play, wait for the press and play on the counter

On the plus side Carlos Vinícius is truly pants, he's started six PL games when Mitrovic hasn't been available and they've lost 4, drawn 1, won 1

The only other PL game when Mitrovic didn't start De Cordova-Reid played as a makeshift striker and they beat Brighton away
  • Fornals should play. Soucek should be the one to make way.
  • Fabianski, Kehrer, Soucek and Benrahma to go replaced by Areola, Coufal, Lanzini and Cornet for me. ⚒
  • I agree with three of those, Herb. For me, Fabianski stays in. Sure he had the howler, but the game was done at that point and he had made a few very good saves before that.

Having. Typed that, I just checked the stats and he only made two saves. In my head it was more. I know 4 of the goals weren’t his fault, but getting done by 5 of 7 shots on target is pretty rubbish.

Ok Herb, I’m in. Areola it is.
  • edited April 2023
    alderz said:

I know 4 of the goals weren’t his fault......

I think that's being generous, he did Aguerd no favours for the 3rd goal and he got a big hand to the 5th without keeping it out.

• Areola
    Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson
    Rice
    Bowen Paqueta Fornals Cornet
    Ings

I can't see it happening, but I'd like to see us go for it with this sort of team. The one alternative would be Benrahma in for Fornals (given how Benrahma isn't really a Moyes favourite, the fact that he keeps starting ahead of Fornals maybe suggests the latter isn't showing much in training); however, if we want both Bowen and Cornet getting forward I think we need the work-rate and discipline of Fornals in there.

With pace from both flanks to get beyond him, I'd be OK with playing Ings; Antonio really isn't offering much imo. Cornet has looked bright in his sub performances so far, and I think Bowen is playing better than earlier in the season, so if they both have license to get forward I've no issue with Ings dropping a bit deeper.
  • You had me at “I can’t see it happening”
  • Wouldn't it be ironic if Diop scored the winner to send WHU down? He was never Moyes' favourite and that would spur him.
  • Moyes needs to shuffle the team and attack. However , choices are limited during to injury and poor form. Just how many goes is Keher going to get? For some, such as Zouma and Aguera, there are no real alternatives.

Areola
    Coufal/Johnson Zouma, Aguerd Cresswell
    Rice Paqueta
    Bowen Cornet Benrahma
    Antonio
  • We have no injuries other than Scamacca.

Moyes must set up to win

• Moyes must set up to win

Shouldn’t a manager do that every game???
  • How much does everyone think we're missing Ballon?
  • How much does everyone think we're missing Ballon?

Our form was pretty rubbish before he left too, tbh.
  • Silva says Mitrovic's ban "is a moment for the player that is going to play in this position – it could be Carlos Vinicius or another player – to show their qualities"

That doesn't sound like he's got a lot of confidence in Vinicius