Fulham away Saturday 8th April 15.00 BST.

Comments

• just holding our shape and defending, no impetus to challenge Fulham or press.
  • Unfortunately it looks like Ings will have to come off, if he is not 100% then he cannot be fully contributing
  • Get in, OG.
  • That's the only way we're going to score from open play - an own goal =)
  • Yes, get in !!!
  • Harrison Reed Own goal
  • edited April 2023
    Coufal made that goal
    Cresswell solid
    Soucek putting a shift in
  • Gut busting run from Antonio there. Shame there was no one on the far post.
  • Watching this and wondering how Fulham are 10th
  • Ings has got to come off. He's just a spectator at the moment and we are under pressure.
  • 22% possession & 1 shot, leading via an OG, it’s hardly great
  • They’re all spectators because we’ve barely had the ball.
  • Moyes has got to go before it's too late even if we win this one. I have no idea how we are still 0-1 up. He either has no idea how to change things up when things aren't going to plan or is just too stubborn to do it.
  • Only a matter of time before 1-1
  • edited April 2023
    A poor game with a HT score to be happy about.
    Somewhat lucky with the goal, looked like Coufal handled, but we need that bit of luck I guess.
    Performance wise, we have done little going forward, decent defending, but so little of the ball.
    Ings doesn't look right since that tackle, guess he'll be subbed off..

Not sure what to make of it, we got what we asked for 2 up top, but because of this our midfield has been played out of the game and just forced mainly to defend.

Oh well, Mr Moyes, it's over to you...
  • All in all a good half from us, Fulham had lots of possession but created no actual chance worthy of the name.

Our goal may have been an OG, but was the result of good pressure and perseverance on behalf of Coufel and Bowen.

Will give credit to DM for changing tactics, certainly a bit more adventurous then I anticipated, however, would nonetheless like to see us press a bit more, we appear far comfortable surrendering possession.

Bit more energy in the press, knock them off their game a little bit and I feel we can secure the points here, if we continue to allow them possession, the likelihood is that they will engineer the opportunity to get back at us.

COYI
  • Probably not a long time either. We’ll start off asleep as per usual and they’ll take advantage. We’ve not been in that first half at all and are lucky to be in front at the interval.
    50 minutes or so of trying to hold on to come and it’s going to be a painful watch.
  • edited April 2023
    First the positives:
    We're winning
    Fulham haven't offered much in the final third

Second, the negatives:
    We've barely crossed the halfway line since we scored
    We've had next to no possession (6% in one 5 minute spell, around 22% in total for the first half)
    We're sitting deeper and deeper, and you feel it's only a matter of time before one of their crosses finds a man, or one of their shots from the edge of the box evades a block and hits the target.

Fulham are so far forward I want Cornet on for his pace and directness. I'd even be tempted to bring on Cornet and Benrahma for Antonio and Ings. Move Fornals inside to give us more of a presence in the midfield (Benrahma to replace him on the left but he's got to work hard), Cornet to use his pace through the middle.
  • edited April 2023
    Wow

Do you actually support West Ham???
  • Ings has been a passenger since a knock and need to be replaced by Cornet.
  • Ings remains on...
  • No change so far attack v defence.
  • Fulham 80% possession we playing city ?
  • Definition of insanity ..... watching West Ham every weekend expecting something different.
    The only possible explanation is that Moyes has just given up and wants to get sacked to get the payoff.
  • Ings & Fornals off. Antonio looks spent. Not sure how much he has left in the tank.
  • Really not sure about this - desperately looking to defend our slender lead, rarely ends well
  • I see why Ings came off but would have liked to see Cornet come on,
  • 22% possession in the1st half and 23% in the 2nd. Just not good enough.
  • Get some fresh legs on, Cornet for Antonio.
  • Superb save from Fabianski