Fulham away Saturday 8th April 15.00 BST.

Comments

• Going to be a nerve racking last 10 mins, great save from Fab there
  • I thought that was the equaliser.
  • It’s been a nerve wracking first 85 minutes
  • edited April 2023
    Finally we see Cornet.

4 minutes ET? Where did that come from?
  • 4 minutes to hang on
  • What a miss by Cornet!
  • edited April 2023
    0-1 FT 😊😊😊

Huge result, especially after Wednesday's game.
  • Huge 3 points great defensively, garbage offensively
  • Three points but we had no cutting edge. But - it is three points.
  • Omg - what an important 3 points that is, WHU in true WH fashion tried to break our hearts at the end as Cornet certainly should have scored, probably too much to ask for composure given everything but a simple squared ball was the one to make.

Really good defensive display, whilst I thought that Emerson and Aguard were unlucky to be dropped, the old guard did their job really well.

Such an important result and so happy to see it

Criticisms can be justifiably made and probably will be but overall, todays game was a good day at the office after the debacle against Newcastle

Well done to all

• edited April 2023
    Ogbonna, Coufal & Cresswell in no particular order made the defence look solid compared to midweek comedy, also Fab to the rescue for a fantastic touch to stop a certain goal....

3 points most important thing today, we also had a few chances at end to make it safe, Bowen and Cornet ( greedy ) he should have squared it to Benrahma to tap in, but it didn't matter in the end today.

A great 3 points, regardless of the performance being not so great, but decent...
    but before I'm slaughtered, we got the result and at these times, it's IMO all that matters....

Well done Moyes for changing it up a bit, FairPlay and about time!...pity Ings also missed his one chance, but not convinced he still should have been on the pitch ( injury wise )...We did suffer tho playing 2 up top in the middle of the park with our possession very low ....

Oh well, a very welcome 3 points for sure.....and a battling performance....
    COYI.......
  • Fabianski save was absolutely a game saver.
  • I'm sure Silva will be fuming about our goal...
    Definitely a 'POSSIBLE' case of handball from Coufal, but not complaining
  • Man, that was a tough watch.
    Me to Mrs Slack this morning “ I don’t care if it goes in of someone’s err,bottom just as long as we win”.
    Nearly right weren’t I?
  • Fabianski MOTM for me even though he didn't have that much to do but that one save gained us 2 points.
  • Funny how this match thread is so quiet after a win.
    Weird that innit?
  • Slacker said:

Funny how this match thread is so quiet after a win.
    Weird that innit?

Yeh, most out celebrating Slacker, hasn’t happened too often 😉
  • Slacker said:

Weird that innit?

Everyone is stunned!
  • Everyone is stunned!

I was going to go with exhausted, and I was just monitoring the score on my phone while I was out!
  • Slacker said:

Weird that innit?

Not nearly as quiet as the one after the Newcastle game I thought the comments would run into the hundreds but nowhere near.
  • It’s a less traditional 4-4-2 when one of your strikers is deeper than your left back.

• Slacker said:

Weird that innit?

Not nearly as quiet as the one after the Newcastle game I thought the comments would run into the hundreds but nowhere near.
    Mate, that thread is still going on now…….

• We get it. You’re the most positive person, you win the award.
  • Not sure we missed Paqueta today, well IMO we didn’t…
    I’m not writing him off at all, but just not convinced what his main attributes are…
    He simply gives away the ball with wayward passes too often IMO, then again we hardly had the ball for most the game today….
    But he was missing from the squad completely which was strange…
    Has he picked up an injury???
    Oh well, IMO he wasn’t really missed today…
    Enjoy the weekend all and the 3 points ⚒️
  • Not sure we missed Paqueta today, well IMO we didn’t…

But he was missing from the squad completely which was strange…
    Has he picked up an injury???

The OS simply said he hadn't travelled to the game due to injury, yet no mention of anything in yesterday's presser.

• edited April 2023
    👍🏻 Thanks Buffy for that update…
    I still hope he comes right, but we need to find his best position first IMO.
  • edited April 2023
    Slacker said:

Weird that innit?

Probably more to do with the fact that it's a dry Bank Holiday weekend and people have been out and about with their families.

I didn't watch the game for that reason and to be honest, from what I've read about the game, it seems there isn't a great deal to comment on.

The three points were the most important thing and everyone on here will be pleased we got them, but it sounds like another uninspiring performance.
  • Ooh, I just wonder how long this thread would’ve been had we lost……..
  • Noisiest the away fans have been all season, especially when chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' when Moyes made the first substitutions. At the end of the game he walked across the pitch with his hands in his pockets glaring at the away end. It was quite funny to see.

Can't overly blame Moyes for the lack of possession when nobody could pass the ball to a team mate, even Rice joined in on this. But for all their possession Fulham rarely looked dangerous with only Fab's save at the feet of, not sure who, causing major alarm. We had, and missed, the better chances.

Coufal was back to his best and Soucek had his best game for a while.

More positives than negatives today imo.

COYI