VILLA (H) SUN MARCH 12TH 2pm

A MUST WIN GAME ,Hope i got the time right =)

Comments

• Just borrow this if not..

• Ravel49 said:

Just borrow this if not..

If I had Bernard’s Watch we would win the league. Just pantsing the opposition keeper, switching the strikers boots onto the opposite feet and things like that.
  • Had to Google it, way after my time.
  • I just want that jumper
  • All we need now is Mr Benn and Jamie and his magic torch hahaha
  • Ravel49 said:

I just want that jumper

You're welcome
  • This is a mixture of 4 Scottish Premier teams kits, no?
  • Boubacar Kamara has started the last 11 Premier League matches but hobbled off against Palace last week with an ankle injury and is not expected back.

Leander Dendoncker was absent with "personal circumstances" and its uncertain whether he will be available this weekend. If he is available he'll be a tad rusty as his only start since November was against Stevenage in the FA Cup 3rd round and apart from that he's only had an hour on the pitch.

If Dendoncker is still unavailable then the options are moving Jacob Ramsey or John McGinn back into central midfield although Emery has preferred to play both of them wide or playing Callum Chambers (replaced Kamara at the weekend) as a makeshift midfielder

Philippe Coutinho has a thigh injury and Diego Carlos has been missing with an Achilles since August
  • edited March 2023
    Areola
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Rice
    Bowen - Benrahma - Fornals
    Ings

Anang, Ogbonna, Johnson, Emerson, Soucek, Paqueta, Cornet, Antonio, Scamacca
  • Antonio and Paqueta were both injured Thursday and could be doubts.
  • Paqueta was training today but no Antonio.
  • Paqueta was only on the pitch for the last 10 minutes!
  • Despite scoring both the goals on Thursday, Antonio hadn't looked very good at all beforehand, and I'd be surprised if Ings doesn't start. Has to be said that Scamacca really didn't look very good either when he finally came on, so if both he and Antonio make the bench could be interesting to see who gets the nod first.
  • Villa have won 4 out of 5 away games under Emery, losing to Man City.
  • I won't be able to watch this til early Tuesday morning, so I'm doing a Likely Lads and going offline 🙃 But my thoughts are with you....
  • edited March 2023
    Areola, Kehrer, Zouma, Aguerd, Emerson, Rice, Soucek, Bowen, Paqueta, Benrahma, Ings.

Subs: Anang, Johnson, Cresswell, Scamacca, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Cornet, Ogbonna.

Full squad apart from Antonio & Coufal...COYI
  • Fast start ,early goal is what we need
  • It may be a cliche, but it is a must-win game after yesterday's results for Everton and Bournemouth.
  • Seems like everyone on here has Linkered off.......Oh well COYI.....
  • Cliche ,it only takes a second to score a goal ,or in our case a bit longer =)
  • Oh my, bit of a slow start from both sides, not much urgency on display,

COYI
  • Great chance for Aguerd from a Rice free kick, but stabbed wide.
  • Our first corner was taken short and came to nothing.
  • A chance on the volley for Benrahma, from a Bowen cross, but it flies as high as a Salah penalty.
  • Villa score
  • Poor from Augerd
  • We've started the brighter of the 2 teams, but there's so much nervousness given the importance of the first goal.

As I type, Villa score.
  • Benrahma is too wasteful….
  • edited March 2023
    Behrahma had such a good chance to set Bowen through Villa's high line but failed to pick the pass.

West Ham penalty, just after we had an effort cleared off the line.