VILLA (H) SUN MARCH 12TH 2pm

Comments

• Great pen Benny
  • Great penalty
  • Benrahma to take, why not Ings?

1-1.
  • So good to get the goal back so quickly as Villa had been looking better after they scored.

• Great pen considering the importance mixed with a nervy atmosphere & having to beat a good penalty stopper in goal
  • edited March 2023
    Martinez looking rattled, he was poor for the corner that led to the penalty.

Zouma heads wide in a second phase from a corner, shoulda done better. Lots of grappling at the corner again though.
  • Such poor VAR, a penalty every time any referee at any level looks at that incident with Ings. No excuse for not giving that.
  • Nice steal by Ings but Benrahma's shot from range is straight at Martinez.
  • Kehrer exposed again but fortunately we deal with it this time.
  • Man Utd down to 10 men after 34 mins against Soton.
  • edited March 2023
    We look so vulnerable in defence, Kerher looks lost and I expect AV to be more adventurous in the 2nd half and we could struggle - zouma had a great chance but if anything the short range effort from Watkins, not sure how he missed that

This is setting up as a nervy affair
  • Kehrer and Bowen are defensively a nightmare, Kehrer looks bad
  • Shoulda been a second for Villa, good save by Areola, but a better finish by Watkins wouldn't have allowed him the chance.
  • BBC stat says we are one of the 2 clubs to be awarded the most penalties this season.

Remember when we couldn't buy one!

• Considering he plays RB for Germany, Kehrer looks shockingly bad there for us.

On the other side, Emerson nicks the ball cleanly off the toes of a Villa player as he was about to shoot.
  • Villa extremely hands on again at a corner, wouldn't be surprised if there's another penalty in this match.
  • Chris Kavanagh is a shocking ref
  • Was a very soft penalty IMO but I’m not complaining..
    It hasn’t been good or bad …
    But it’s a game we need to win.
    Kehrer and Bowen look vulnerable defensively…
    But Bowen our most dangerous player attacking in that 1st half…
    This game is there for the taking, but who , if either will take it…
  • Kehrer look a real liability. If we have a few more corners, I can see another penalty coming.
  • Chris Kavanagh is a shocking ref

Hasn’t done much wrong IMO.
    Fortunate to have a penalty
  • Johnson on for kehrer, please
  • All in all, do I think we are playing badly? no not at all, however, I feel disappointed in,our set up which looks more geared towards not losing than anything else - Ings is once again isolated and although Bowen has had a couple of good runs up the line, the best he can do is secure a corner as there is no support.

As an aside, the wrestling taking place in the Villa box at corners is ridiculous.

I thought our penalty was soft but we could easily have had another with the manhandling of Ings.
  • Such poor VAR, a penalty every time any referee at any level looks at that incident with Ings. No excuse for not giving that.

Ings was holding him as much as the other way around IMO
  • Looking at the replay of their goal (not that he hasn't been very poor in general) but Kehrer kinda had 2 players to deal with; he was covering a player making a run and then had to try and deal with the player making the cross as well.
  • Tony Gale seems to think exploiting the high line, that Villa DELIBERATELY play, is an easy task, with a simple weighted ball & simple timed run.

Honestly.
  • Lukerz said:

Tony Gale seems to think exploiting the high line, that Villa DELIBERATELY play, is an easy task, with a simple weighted ball & simple timed run.

Honestly.

Tbh, Benrahma shoulda been able to put Bowen in but found the defender instead.
  • All in all, do I think we are playing badly? no not at all, however, I feel disappointed in,our set up which looks more geared towards not losing than anything else - Ings is once again isolated and although Bowen has had a couple of good runs up the line, the best he can do is secure a corner as there is no suppo

Interesting you say that. My Comms has said we are playing a more attacking formation with only 1 DM staying back.
  • A chance right at the start of the second half, but Benrahma's volley gets a slight deflection and goes straight at Martinez.
  • Now he shoots wide.
  • MrsGrey said:

Now he shoots wide.

Rather than playing in Emerson 🤬