VILLA (H) SUN MARCH 12TH 2pm

Comments

• A decent break, but no-one really commits to get into a dangerous position in the box. Benrahma eventually has an optimistic effort that Martinez has well covered as it goes wide.
  • Not sure what Winston Reid is up to these days but if he could coach Kehrer 1 on 1 and it could be a game changer. Absolutely feels like Kehrer is having the same first season with us that Winston did. Lets just hope its not the same circumstance that we had to get relegated before Winston turned into a top defender (before he got seriously injured)
  • What is it with Tony Gale? For a former Hammer he's always so negative about us.
  • Paqueta trying things but seems on a different wavelength to those around him.
  • What is it with Tony Gale? For a former Hammer he's always so negative about us.

I know, he's horrible to listen to.
  • His default position is to tell us what they should have done.
  • Better from us this half, a little more urgency and creativity, we really must make the most of the opportunity
  • We've started the second half positively, let's hope we can capitalise before we give anything silly away.
  • Not sure what Winston Reid is up to these days but if he could coach Kehrer 1 on 1 and it could be a game changer. Absolutely feels like Kehrer is having the same first season with us that Winston did. Lets just hope its not the same circumstance that we had to get relegated before Winston turned into a top defender (before he got seriously injured)

Unfortunately I do not think that Keher is ether good enough, or more worryingly, interested enough
  • How many chances does Benrahma want.
  • Stupid challenge from Paqueta, obvious yellow
  • Great work by Bowen but couldn't quite engineer a shot. Ball ends up with Benrahma and yet another tame effort lacking power and straight at Martinez.

Paqueta in the book now.
  • Poor again by Benrahma on the break. He's such a frustrating player, he can create, but he so often does worse than it looks like he should.
  • Aggro in our box as a player goes down under a challenge by Rice. Then, after a bit of a break while VAR looks at it, things get heated again.
  • OMG, that was ridiculous. - a 3 minute delay for nothing, not a dive but worthy of a yellow card for poor gamesmanship if nothing else
  • Fornals on for Paqueta.
  • edited March 2023
    Paqueta apparently not happy with being subbed and straight down the tunnel.

Edit: he has at least returned to the bench now.
  • Fans giving Buendia a torrid time. :-)
  • Paqueta apparently not happy with being subbed and straight down the tunnel.

Nobody knows. He's back out now .
    Might've needed the loo 😂
  • Paqueta back on the bench, maybe needed a number two 😁
  • surely we need some subs. Cornet and Scamacca?
  • Paqueta back on the bench, maybe needed a number two 😁

Not as much as we need a number 2 goal.
  • We are in our danger time now where we concede a soft goal.
  • Great run by Bowen until the pull back which was slightly behind Fornals.
  • Benrahma again but can't get the shot away before the block by the defender.
  • Scamacca can't even make it as a sub

Cornet on for Ings
  • edited March 2023
    Cornet about to come on; he's on for Ings.
  • We are pressing and on top so why not try two up top instead of swapping Ings out? I know, I know
  • Is it just me or has Soućek really been anonymous?
  • Is it just me or has Soućek really been anonymous?

Who 😁