VILLA (H) SUN MARCH 12TH 2pm

Comments

• Oh, my, my heart was in my mouth then
  • 6 mins added.
  • Cornet misses a 1-on-1, but was just offside anyway.
  • Is it just me or has Soućek really been anonymous?

Hes anonymous every game

He offers us nothing at the moment, when he's on the ball its painful to watch how limited his passing is
  • He's so slow as well.
  • edited March 2023
    Soucek doesn’t do anything, it’s simple, you can say he makes a few tackles & runs a lot, he doesn’t offer enough to the side

Simple
  • Just don't know what to say
  • 1-1 FT.

Not a particularly bad performance, but we so needed a win, especially after other clubs at the bottom picked up points that they'd probably consider a bit of a bonus.
  • Played well enough but it's not enough, NEEDED 3 points today

Out of the bottom 3 on GD alone

But need to be winning our home games
  • 3 points from relegation to 12th.
  • Same issue as all season, our attacking is embarrassing
  • A point is better than nothing, but not inspiring by any means…
    Another frustrating, but not terrible performance….
    A feeling of a missed chance perhaps…
    Too many 5 or 6/ 10 performances
  • edited March 2023
    Just needed to win and we didn't. Regardless of us playing a bit better we've messed it up again.
  • Literally our performances this season can be summarised as 5/10. Just average the whole way trough.
  • Should have won. Had plenty of chances but poor finishing, the story of the season so far. It is all too precarious at the bottom. Still, need 5 more wins.

It's going to be massively tight, but I have zero confidence in our ability to stay out of the bottom three. Southampton next, and they'll have a bit of confidence, then Newcastle who have Callum Wilson.

I think we're done, to be honest. But sadly I don't think Moyes is.

It's going to be massively tight, but I have zero confidence in our ability to stay out of the bottom three. Southampton next, and they'll have a bit of confidence, then Newcastle who have Callum Wilson.

I think we're done, to be honest. But sadly I don't think Moyes is.
    No chance. Moyes is here for the season regardless. We've just got to suck it up and pray for a miracle.
  • A much better performance overall, especially in the 2nd half, we created enough chances but we also looked vulnerable and whilst I respect the point, I feel that a point is simply not enough.

We are running out of games - if we had secured the 3pts today then the intl break would be a little less stressful for everyone involved.

• Moyes should be here until the summer, simple

Players need to sort this out
  • Same rubbish, different day. I've so nearly had it with this team.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes should be here until the summer, simple

Players need to sort this out

Nope not for me. Moyes needs to sort the players, tactics out and he can't.
  • 3 weeks before we play Southampton anyway. Hopefully some of the long term absentees like Cornet / Scamacca / Zouma etc can get a bit more work done.

After this Thursday coming in the ECL. from 2nd April onwards we will pretty much be playing every 3 days.
  • Those subs were abysmal btw
  • Over the last few seasons we scored a bunch of goals from corners. I think we had 12 today, we would have converted one or two of those for sure.
  • Man City vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Southampton
    West Ham vs Newcastle
    Fulham vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Arsenal
    Bournemouth vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Liverpool
    Crystal Palace vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Man U
    Brentford vs West Ham
    West Ham vs Leeds
    Leicester vs West Ham

Our last 12

5/12 in the relegation battle
    2/12 in the title battle
    5/12 in euro challenge
  • I don’t think people can be too critical of that performance. We had chances, they had chances, it was a vast improvement on the Brighton nightmare.
  • I don't think the performance was that bad. Subs and tactics again were extremely questionable for me. Unfortunately many many previous performances have been trash so we just need to win now.
    People have had their fun. We gave him enough time and now we've got to mix it up a bit.
  • Just turning up would be an improvement on the Brighton nightmare hahaha
  • My player ratings:

Areola 6.5
    Kehrer 5.5
    Aguerd 5
    Zouma 6
    Emerson 7
    Rice 5.5
    Soucek 5.5
    Paqueta 6.5
    Benrahma 7.5
    Bowen 7