West Ham vs Chelsea (H) Saturday 11th Feb 12:30

A point gained against the Toon sets up West Ham to go into a local Derby against rivals Chelsea who find themselves mid table after totalling spend of nearly 600 million in 2 windows.

Can the Hammers topple the Big money Blues ?

the battle against relegation goes on.

Comments

• Glad to see you aren't slacking! Keep up the good work :-)
  • A good time to be playing Chelsea, methinks
  • I think we were the first team to beat a half a billion pound assembled team in Man City. Let's see if we can be the first team to beat a 600 million pound assembled team.
  • They are a bit like ourselves on a grander scale, a great set of players on paper but not quite putting it together as a team and achieving the results the quality of the individual players would expect. I really hope they get 7th this year as I don't want them to miss Europe altogether, I want all those superstars to have to travel to the conference league matches as they will think it beneath them.

I think we can get a point again here and if they are not putting it together still a win is always possible.
  • I shall avert my eyes til after full time. Either that or not look to check for further evidence of a prepostorous jinx theory
  • And the cat came back.. the very next day..

João Félix Back from suspension for this one
  • edited February 2023
    Fabianski
    Johnson - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Paqueta - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma

I imagine will be the side

I can see us getting something

2-1
  • Think this has a draw written all over it

Two teams that looks quite solid at the back but a bit lost going forward
  • I have a horrible feeling based on nothing at all that Fab's going to have a 'mare.🤢
  • edited February 2023

I have a horrible feeling based on nothing at all that Fab's going to have a 'mare.🤢

I know he made a very good save last month (v Leeds?) but I've got less and less confidence in him with every match I'm afraid, it's feeling a bit like when we had Jussi and played him at least one season too many. Fab's been beaten by a few shots that I really think he should have done better with this season, and he's even less mobile about his box than he used to be.

Anyone know why Areola was missing on Saturday after being back for Derby?
  • Hamstring I heard
  • steve said:

Hamstring I heard

Is that what it was when he was missing for a few games last month?
  • Not sure buffy .to old to remember a few games back =)
  • edited February 2023
    Ref for this one ….
    Craig Pawson
    VAR …..
    Neil Swarbrick
  • Home results v Chelsea under Moyes:

West Ham 1-0 Chelsea (Arnautovic)
    West Ham 3-2 Chelsea (Soucek, Antonio, Yarmolenko)
    West Ham 0-1 Chelsea
    West Ham 3-2 Chelsea (Lanzini, Bowen, Masuaku)
  • Sometimes I think about that Masuaku goal and it just makes me laugh
  • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64572455

Hopefully this is not a precursor to Saturday's game!
  • Watched the highlights and we were absolutely appalling. If that’s their standard they should disband.
  • That's the spirit Thorn.
  • thorn, They were probably knackered from putting up such a stoic rearguard action v Arsenal on Sunday evening. Maybe Konchesky should have rested a few from that game but he didn't? I have said before we very rarely sign any of the top class players as money talks & they end up at Chelsea, Arsenal or one of the Manchester teams. That is a regular occurrence in the Mens game as well isn't it?
  • The gulf in class between Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester teams is massive.
  • The gulf in class between Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester teams is massive.

And the FA are being asked to make the prize money for the FA Cup the same as the mens, £2m to the winner, which would just increase that gulf even more.
  • Moyes says Kehrer is a doubt but he is pictured training. Nothing on Zouma, Cornet & Scamacca.
  • Moyes really does keep his cards close to his chest when it comes to team news.
  • IronHerb said:

The gulf in class between Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester teams is massive.

And the FA are being asked to make the prize money for the FA Cup the same as the mens, £2m to the winner, which would just increase that gulf even more.
    That is why some people don't bother with the Women's game at present.
  • Perhaps, despite him training, Moyes hopes Kehrer is a doubt? ;)
  • IronHerb said:

The gulf in class between Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester teams is massive.

That is why some people don't bother with the Women's game at present.
    I guess the logic is like, if you offer more prizes, then it’s more appealing for the owners to invest more. If our owners, for example, can invest £35m on one player, they could definitely afford to heavily invest in the women’s side. But, presumably, they won’t because the prizes are less worth it. Make the prizes bigger, make it more worthwhile.

(Not that I think that necessarily works)
  • I disagree, I think it's much more about support; if the women's game had the same level of support at club level, then it would command bigger prizes.
  • edited February 2023
    buffy, The problem as I see it is some clubs genuinely believe they do give sufficient support at club level & that is why in a lot of ways the Mens & Womens league mirror each other. A few of the international players we have signed over the years have left & gone to other clubs for whatever reason the likes of Lehmann, Dali, Daly & Hasegawa.