Comments

• alderz said:

WOW. How was that not handball?!

There's your luck...
  • Maybe the gods are smiling upon us 😁
  • I thought it came off his knee.
  • How did they not get a penalty there?
  • I think we got away with one now, that looked like a penalty to me
  • Wow, must have come off his knee, surely, even if it then hits his hand. If not, then wow.
  • That shoulda been a card for Chilwell.
  • I thought it came off his knee.

It must have done, because there's no way it's accidental if it doesn't.
  • It either came off his knee or there is no clear sight of what it came off.
  • Chilwell tripped himself over and they get a freekick 🙃
  • It came off his hand. I can't believe it wasn't given by VAR.
  • That's a good point, well earned. And, IMO, well deserved too. I know Chelsea have had a rough season, but look at the money, look at the names.
  • edited February 2023
    Well, another bonus point for me.

Hopefully soon we can turn these points into three.
  • On the BBC live text it says that VAR felt that Soucek was 'controlling his fall' which is why it wasn't given. No mention of it coming off his knee. I'm very interested in seeing some replays.
  • Wow, totally respect the point and will take it all the way to the bank, but wow, I am not sure how it happened
  • another game another thread for me B)
  • Another decent point after the draw at Newcastle. We were very poor out of the blocks again, but we still managed to avoid defeat to keep that little bit of momentum going.
  • Joao Felix is obviously a huge talent but looks like one of those players that is going to go down if he feels the slightest contact.
  • We do have a habit of starting slow, but we're definitely starting to look more like ourselves.

• Good point that. Was definitely a penalty from Soucek’s handball but that just repays us for the point they nicked of us at their place.
    Thought Emerson was good today but Fabianski was my MOM.
  • Great point IMO, no complaints with the effort there, our determination was evident, so fair play...
    Perhaps fortunate not to conceed a penalty with Soucek handball.....
    All in all I 'm happy with the performance, effort and I guess result......
    Just what is going on again with our injuiry curse, Paqueta and Aguerd now out.....
  • I don't think Paqueta will be a particularly huge miss, but we really need to hope that Aguerd's hamstring is ok.
  • edited February 2023
    I think the game was there to be won for us but we are still clearly lacking confidence. Once we got through the first 30 minutes, there wasn’t anything between the teams. Shame Rice just strayed offside.
  • Slacker said:

Thought Emerson was good today but Fabianski was my MOM.

Aguerd, Emerson and Rice were the stand outs for me. I thought Soucek and Coufal played pretty well too.

I thought Fab was ok, but he makes me very nervous!
  • How did Cresswell keep Emerson out of the team for so long?
  • I don't think Paqueta will be a particularly huge miss, but we really need to hope that Aguerd's hamstring is ok.

I think Paqueta will be a big miss if he's out. He's recently started to look a lot better, and it's coincided with us having a better run of form. I think Aguerd, Emerson, Rice and Paqueta allows us to be a lot better in possession than we often are, tbh.
  • Wouldn’t worry about the handball, makes up for the Cornet goal.
  • Lukerz said:

Wouldn’t worry about the handball, makes up for the Cornet goal.

Good point, I forgot about that.
  • edited February 2023
    Just seen in the post match analysis of our disallowed goal that Rice was pushed (by James?) into an offside position before the free-kick was taken; I wonder if that's why there was such a delay, trying to work out the appropriate action?
  • Rio Ferdinand talking as if he cares about West Ham is possibly the least convincing thing in football.