West Ham vs Chelsea (H) Saturday 11th Feb 12:30

Comments

• buffy, The problem as I see it is some clubs genuinely believe they do give sufficient support at club level & that is why in a lot of ways the Mens & Womens league mirror each other. A few of the international players we have signed over the years have left & gone to other clubs for whatever reason the likes of Lehmann, Dali, Daly & Hasegawa.

I meant from supporters, not the club itself; we average under 1,400 attendance so far this season, only Arsenal average more than 12k per home league game according to some stats I've found. Women's football is generally much less supported than men's football, so naturally it attracts less sponsorship, TV deals and coverage, and so on.
  • Match day.

COYI.
  • I notice no one has tried to predict the Chelsea lineup 🤣
  • Potters still trying to work it out himself. 🤷‍♂️
  • Eenie, meenie, miney, mo
  • edited February 2023
    Fabiański, Coufal, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Emerson, Paquetá, Rice ©, Bowen, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Hegyi (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Ings, Souček

Kehrer fit to start. Must admit I'm surprised, knowing Moyes, that Benrahma keeps his place as he's often been dropped for better performances than last week's effort.

Only 8 subs including our 3rd and 4th choice keepers, what's going on?
  • No Auba In The squad 👋🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

No Auba In The squad 👋🏻

He's in the PL 25 man squad list but I think he was left out of the CL list and was a bit put out.
  • No mention of Cresswell being injured, but he's not in the matchday squad.
  • Off to the US is the last I heard
    Complete mercenary
  • Ravel49 said:

Off to the US is the last I heard
    Complete mercenary

I assume you mean Aubameyang rather than Cresswell? 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • Any way Mount is on the bench so loss
  • Fabiański, Coufal, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Emerson, Paquetá, Rice ©, Bowen, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Hegyi (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Ings, Souček

Kehrer fit to start. Must admit I'm surprised, knowing Moyes, that Benrahma keeps his place as he's often been dropped for better performances than last week's effort.

Only 8 subs including our 3rd and 4th choice keepers, what's going on?

Don't think I'll ever understand Moyes’s logic. What message does it send to the youngsters, both at the club and those the club might want to sign, if Moyes would rather have empty seats than pick outfield U21 players.

I know the youth teams play over the weekend, but make some concessions, surely. Dunno, maybe it's just me.
  • 7.30 A.M start here in Canada ,wife not happy ,dog not happy ,3 points would make me very happy =)
  • edited February 2023
    OCS, That is David Moyes isn't it? I asked the question the other day about whether he would have played Chris Rigg v Fulham if he was still @ Sunderland, no one said he would have. Didn't Nobes say something during the week that they had let several of the Under 21's go to clear a path for the really good prospects in the U18's to join the first team sooner? Is our manager going to include them as quickly as we might want but again we aren't in charge are we?
  • Anyone else get the feeling Chelsea are going to turn up like 70's Brazil?
  • Anyone else get the feeling Chelsea are going to turn up like 70's Brazil?

It's going to click for them one day soon and they'll score a hatful, I'm just hoping it's not today 🤞🤞🤞.
  • Didn't Nobes say something during the week that they had let several of the Under 21's go to clear a path for the really good prospects in the U18's to join the first team sooner?

Probably a discussion for another thread, but I'm not sure I see too much evidence of that.

Perkins and Ashby weren't let go; they didn't want to sign the contracts put in front of them. I can't see any DM that is pushing the first team more than Ekwah was, and I don't know that Greenidge was blocking anyone's path.

The only one I can see that being the case for was letting Longelo go to open up a clear run for Scarles, but he only recently turned 17 so I can't see him threatening the first team squad anytime soon with Moyes in charge.

Anyway, the kids are on a play date, the dog's been walked so I can settle down and watch what's another big game for us.
  • It’s endlessly annoying that players don’t get free kicks unless they fall over. Antonio would have definitely had a free kick if he went down, but he stayed up and we get nothing because he was honest.
  • alderz said:

It’s endlessly annoying that players don’t get free kicks unless they fall over. Antonio would have definitely had a free kick if he went down, but he stayed up and we get nothing because he was honest.

The guy can't win with refs. Stays up, gets nothing. Goes down, gets nothing.

Carlton Cole regen.
  • edited February 2023
    Paqueta down injured already, fell heavily on his shoulder as he was fouled.
  • Brilliant. Paqueta injured. How many mirrors have we smashed at Rush Green.
  • Just can't catch a break can we
  • Why did the linesman flag immediately against Bowen but waited for Felix at the other?
  • Looking a bit shakey at the back. The three are very narrow but Chelsea have got through a couple of times already.
  • He's coming back on, must admit I thought he was acting like it was a broken collar bone, so hopefully not.

Chelsea score but it's flagged offside.