West Ham vs Chelsea (H) Saturday 11th Feb 12:30

Comments

• alderz said:

I don't think Paqueta will be a particularly huge miss, but we really need to hope that Aguerd's hamstring is ok.

I think Paqueta will be a big miss if he's out. He's recently started to look a lot better, and it's coincided with us having a better run of form. I think Aguerd, Emerson, Rice and Paqueta allows us to be a lot better in possession than we often are, tbh.
    Fair point, but I think Downes is very useful with possession and would do a good job alongside Rice. Soucek is a liability with the ball so as long as it's Downes over Soucek I don't think Paqueta's absence would hurt us too much.
  • Rice was coming back into the line when he was shoved by a Chelsea player that's why he was offside. I thought they were looking at that and thinking about a penalty
  • Fair play to Potter, he didn't moan or dwell on Soucek penalty shout....Quite refreshing to see IMO...
  • edited February 2023
    Lukerz said:

Wouldn’t worry about the handball, makes up for the Cornet goal.

I know you only having a joke as 2 wrongs don't make a right, but let's enjoy the point...
  • Thought Rice had one of his poorer games today, which maybe just stopped us getting into a position to take 3 points
  • Think Kehrer perhaps had his best game in our colours so far..Positive signs IMO...
    My man of match.....Vlad Coufal....
  • Good point but the injures puts a damper on it
  • I thought Antonio was really good at holding up play and causing them some problems today in a game where neither Benrahma or Bowen did much to help him in attack, apart from the one time Bowen got into the box instead of hanging around Coufal and Soucek on the right and was able to flick it on.

Benrahma seemed to be holding his groin after a tackle he made so wonder if he’s picked something up.

That was a really poor start but got much better. I really hope we can start playing with more intensity but at least we look more solid most of the time. Hopefully Aguerd isn’t seriously injured because he’s been key.
  • edited February 2023
    We’re back in 16th
  • And now 3 points behind 15th. We could be bottom 3 by the end of the weekend.
  • 1 defeat in 7, let’s not worry about being bottom 3 as we won’t be
  • @Lukerz, Is that one win in the last ten Premier League matches?
  • Lukerz said:

1 defeat in 7, let’s not worry about being bottom 3 as we won’t be

I know everyone sees things differently, and alderz said something similar to you recently, but I'm not sure I see where this level of confidence is coming from.

Whilst we have seen some improvement, we're still conceding so much possession and not creating enough to win games.

I've yet to see anything that suggests we'll be clear of the bottom three by May. We concede sloppy goals in almost every game, we're one of the league's lowest scorers, and add to that key players are either still, or freshly, injured and I just can't see where the confidence is coming from.
  • Gawd knows what the mood on here would’ve been had we lost.
    We lost two of our better players and got a point against a squad worth £ 2800000000000000000000000.
    Not a bad afternoon really.
  • We'll be fine come May, plus we will have won a cup by then as well.
  • Can anyone explain why they think we'll be fine?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what it is that I'm missing.
  • We'll be fine come May, plus we will have won a cup by then as well.

Only one? 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • I can't genuinely explain why I think we'll be fine. I just think things will click, we'll go on a little run and we'll be fine. I wouldn't bet my house on it though, I don't own a house hahaha
  • Maybe because we’ve got better players and a better manager than those around us?
  • Can anyone explain why they think we'll be fine?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what it is that I'm missing.

I just don’t think things are as bleak as others do. I think that, even when we’re not playing well, we (to me at least) look like we’ve got a chance of scrapping out points.

But the flip side is that I haven’t thought we’ve been particularly great the last couple of years. We’ve not really been exciting, and not really blown teams away.

We’re a solid side, and whether things are going right or wrong, we’re still solid, and that’ll be enough to survive, IMO.
  • @Slacker, I agree but Leeds haven’t replaced Marsch yet. Most of the managers above us I would consider swapping David Moyes for even Arteta! 😮
  • Potter's turning Chelsea into Brighton.

#nogoals
  • It just goes to show that Chelsea are no longer considered a top side. Even the referees and VAR won’t give them that penalty ;)
  • The way I see it we need to win six more games. Question is, against who?
  • BBC march report says Chelsea's front line cost £200m.

It's a mad world, innit.
  • See the VAR official from Stamford Bridge is up to his tricks again -

Wolves midfielder Mario Lemina was sent off at Southampton for 'RUNNING AGGRESSIVELY towards referee Jarred Gillett' in another bizarre decision by a Premier League official... but his side still managed to win at St Mary's!
  • Not a bad day; Saints lost, Forest lost, Bournemouth didn’t win. Leeds to play Man Utd tomorrow & Everton at Liverpool on Monday. Ok Wolves won but I think they’ll be fine anyway. As will Leicester.
  • I woke up at around 5am when we scored. Watched the second half and we didnt lose so I have convinced myself I am not a jinx. Although contemplating watching Spurs next game is something I'll have to think about.

Hoping, like us all, that Aguerd came off as a precaution because he felt his groin rather than any extended time out injured. Hoping the same short time out for Paqueta but I think we need Aguerd a lot more
  • From 13th downwards, Leicester, Leeds, West Ham and Southampton all have Fa cup fixtures.

Forest, Wolves, Everton and Bournemouth only have the league to concentrate on.

West Ham with Euro commitments also.

Could all play a part in the relegation scrap

It felt like last season the euro comp was prioritised over league position

Surely that can’t be the case this season with prem survival at stake.
  • Leicester & Southampton to progress possibly not Leeds & us?
    We shouldn’t really be having to be forced into binning off our European campaign which makes our current position even more frustrating. 😞