West Ham vs Chelsea (H) Saturday 11th Feb 12:30

12345679»

Comments

• Oh yeah I agree
    I just see OCS’s point on questioning why there is confidence in survival when factually West Ham have more games to play. Albeit that could be short lived 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited February 2023
    I think our reserves will play in the Europa League Conference. Issue is with the injuries there isn’t really a B team. But I’d expect the likes of Cresswell, Johnson, Downes, Lanzini, Soucek, Fornals, Ings, Areola etc to play in the Europa Conference & maybe Cornet, Scamacca etc if they can get themselves back.
  • edited February 2023

Can anyone explain why they think we'll be fine?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what it is that I'm missing.

Because Moyes has very noticeably gone back to basics in the last few weeks. He’s abandoned this style where we were trying to build attacks & dictate play & we’ve resorted to the 30%-40% possession style & playing on the counter. That will get us enough points, although it’s not pretty.

Outside the top 4, only Chelsea (22) have a better defensive record than our 27 goals conceded. We’re solid, we have been solid all season, we have goal options in Bowen, Benrahma, Ings, Antonio, Scamacca & hopefully Cornet when they all get back fit. I think we’ll grind out enough points with the players & manager we have.
  • Cup double & relegation anyone?

• I look back at our first game of the season against Forest and wonder just how we lost it. We have them again at home at the end of the month. I do hope we smash them. For some reason I have taken a dislike to them.
  • I look back at our first game of the season against Forest and wonder just how we lost it. We have them again at home at the end of the month. I do hope we smash them. For some reason I have taken a dislike to them.

Only now?
    From the moment Steve (not even my Mum loved me) Cooper gave his opinion on the game I've detested them.
  • edited February 2023
    Lukerz said:

Can anyone explain why they think we'll be fine?

I'd be genuinely interested to know what it is that I'm missing.

Outside the top 4, only Chelsea (22) have a better defensive record than our 27 goals conceded. We’re solid, we have been solid all season, we have goal options in Bowen, Benrahma, Ings, Antonio, Scamacca & hopefully Cornet when they all get back fit. I think we’ll grind out enough points with the players & manager we have.
    Reasoned argument, but the goal options you've listed haven't fired this season, so I don't see why they would suddenly start now. Plus two of them aren't even in the country, apparently.

Defensively we've been ok, but our best two centre backs are now injured; this is Aguerd's third spell out and Zouma's had the same, if not more, so I see nothing to suggest that they'll both be consistently available.

I sincerely hope that you're right; I'm just far from convinced that you are.
  • I think there’s plenty of evidence for you to justify being concerned. I just think there have been lots of other periods in the season to be more concerned than our current run of form which is probably the best it‘s been since October, including 5 reasonable points against Everton, Newcastle & Chelsea.
  • I think the game at the Spuds will be pivotal. If we get a win, there'll be a collective sigh of relief on here and Lukerz's optimism will be justified.
  • So loose to Spurs and we're relegated?
  • @IronHerb, That is a bit final isn't. I know they think it's our Cup Final but aren't we allowed to play our remaining fixtures first?
  • I think the game at the Spuds will be pivotal. If we get a win, there'll be a collective sigh of relief on here and Lukerz's optimism will be justified.

Even if we lose to Spurs I still don’t think we’ll go down, personally. I will still be equally confident of staying up regardless of the result
  • @IronHerb, That is a bit final isn't. I know they think it's our Cup Final but aren't we allowed to play our remaining fixtures first?

That's just Herb being Herb. =)
  • I was just trying out the dark side, but it didn't come easy. 🤣
  • @IronHerb, It isn't that bad trust me. =)

• The lad involved in the pre match incident. Good likeness 😁