West Ham vs Chelsea (H) Saturday 11th Feb 12:30

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Well, that was surprising!
  • We definitely needed that. Hopefully we can build on it.
  • Emerson celebrating with the old ball-up-the-top-and-thumb-in-the-mouth. Do we have a record number of players having kids this season? I can think of Bowen, Rice and now Emerson off the top of my head
  • Get in!!!! Let’s hope that wakes us up, we have certainly rode our luck up to now and maybe we can start to compete
  • How long an advantage did the ref just give them; this isn't rugby.
  • It’s worrying how easily the Chelsea players can go past ours
  • How long an advantage did the ref just give them; this isn't rugby.

Sky six team, ref asks how long do you want
  • From our corner, Chelsea break and are the right pass away from a second.

How often do we concede a chance from our own corners.
  • Good run by Benny so he is playing =)
  • Another occasion where we so nearly conceded from our own corner - not sure what Bowen was thinking in that Chelsea breakaway
  • Great tracking back from Rice, but what was Bowen doing at our corner?
  • Commentator says, 'I say yellow shirts of Chelsea but I'm not sure what colour it is' ... Other commentator replies 'That's a good point.'

Strewth.
  • Be pretty cross if we concede from this freekick. Kehrer was fouled, then forgot to chase back, then Soucek breathes on a Chelsea player and the ref gives it.
  • Great tracking back from Rice, but what was Bowen doing at our corner?

Commentator said “a miscommunication between Bowen and Soucek”
  • Falls over, gets a free kick. Joke
  • MrsGrey said:

Commentator says, 'I say yellow shirts of Chelsea but I'm not sure what colour it is' ... Other commentator replies 'That's a good point.'

Strewth.

Siri, what’s the definition of “good”?
  • Falls over, gets a free kick. Joke

Don’t agree. You can’t put an arm in someone’s back.
  • You think that’s good commentary? Badiashile heads over and the co-commentator (jenas?) said “he’s unmarked, he climbs above his marker”
  • edited February 2023

Falls over, gets a free kick. Joke

Don’t agree. You can’t put an arm in someone’s back.
    Mudryk literally put his arm into Kehrer's back 30 seconds earlier and nothing was given. Consistency is all we ask for from refs. Well, and competency. And contrition.

Just to be better really.
  • alderz said:

You think that’s good commentary? Badiashile heads over and the co-commentator (jenas?) said “he’s unmarked, he climbs above his marker”

Jenas, isn't it? Say no more.
  • That Mudryk is absolutely rapid. Playing some high stakes stuff though Chelsea are with how high their line is, just need a bit more bravery from the midfield to play 2 or 3 touches and Bowen / Antonio could be in.
  • Soućek looks lost.
  • edited February 2023
    Is it my imagination or when we don’t have the ball, is Antonio is just strolling around?
  • edited February 2023
    Hard watch, that. Chelsea absolutely dominated the first half hour but the goal gave us a lift.

We won't have the ball much in the second half, so need to use it better when we do have it. Antonio is working hard but offering very little quality up front. Just not sure how we're playing is going to suits Ings' game either, so I don't really know what our options are to change things up.
  • We need to be 10 times better second half to not lose this game. Not sure how you start Paqueta & then replace him with a completely different type of player in Soucek. Downes or Lanzini would’ve been better.
  • edited February 2023
    We need to keep it simple; press, tackle, get the ball forward quickly.
  • edited February 2023
    Well we certainly rode our luck in the first 20mins and although we showed some flashes, I think we can consider ourselves lucky to be going in on level pegging.

Fornals has been hit or miss recently but I think we need his industry further up the park to push them back a back and give us some room in midfield.

Benny has been our best player but today has been pretty invisible- I was not expecting to say this but maybe for today, we need Fornals graft over Benny’s guile
  • How are we level
  • Benrahma always has inconsistent games when he gets a run in the side. It’s why Moyes always drops him.