The Reader’s Digest: Pre Summer Transfer Speculation

That’s right folks, everyone’s favourite topic of discussion.. The pre transfer rambles..

A thread that will be mostly dedicated to the latest rumours of where Declan ‘no middle name’ Rice will be heading to next.

So far; Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Citeh, Newcastle & Real Madrid are all in the mix according to various sources.

Let the rambling begin..

Comments

• edited February 2023
    In and outs depends if we go down or not =)
  • It will be a bit like playing 3 dimensional chess then.
  • edited February 2023
    Hard to see too many hanging around if we go down. Wages, for a start, will be crippling.

I could see Fab staying on. Coufal, Johnson and Cresswell. Downes and Coventry in midfield. Fornals at a push, as he does seem to genuinely love the club. Cornet possibly, as he may feel he owes us something after missing most of this season so far. But I think that would probably be it.

Rice will go regardless. I don't even think a ECL win and Europa League place next season would convince him to stay.

Either way it looks like it'll be another summer of turnover, quite possibly on the pitch, in the dug-out and in the boardroom 🤞
  • Aaarrgghh.
  • I don't want to start thinking about the team we'll have if we get relegated just yet, far too depressing, and still too early in the season. I'm not saying that relegation isn't a real possibility, just that I don't want to think about the consequences of it until I need to (ie when it's looking certain rather than just a possibility).
  • We won't go down, so I wouldn't worry about it
  • I'm convinced the majority of our problems would be solved with 2 quality Full back replacements and a quality striker. (in the Antonio / Ings) type mould.
  • alderz said:

We won't go down, so I wouldn't worry about it

Bookmarked
  • Ravel49 said:

That’s right folks, everyone’s favourite topic of discussion.. The pre transfer rambles..

A thread that will be mostly dedicated to the latest rumours of where Declan ‘no middle name’ Rice will be heading to next.

So far; Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Citeh, Newcastle & Real Madrid are all in the mix according to various sources.

Let the rambling begin..

Good god.😤
  • edited February 2023
    I reckon if we get the ball rolling now, we could have Duvan Zapeta In the bag by the end of August.
  • edited February 2023
    Nah, Forest have already thrown their hat into the ring for Zapata :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Forest must buy their hats in bulk 😂🤣😂
  • edited February 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

Here's his great-great-granddad Emiliano wearing said hat. =)
  • West Ham United and Everton will have to wait until the summer to move for Suriname winger Sheraldo Becker after Union Berlin were reluctant to let the 27-year-old leave in January because of their Champions League ambitions. (Caught Offside)
  • Sheraldo
    A cross between shearer and the original Ronaldo 🤔
    Some finisher he would be
    And the tricks of Ronaldo on the wing
  • @Ravel, With a name like that wouldn't he be good at keeping the ball out of the net as well as being used to putting it over one?
  • David Moyes says any Declan Rice fee would comfortably break the British transfer record (£107m for Enzo Ferdandez).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64527198
  • It’s not really his decision to make.
  • Whose decision is it then. I’m sure he’s speaking on behalf of the club and if players with far far less experience than him are going for north of £100M then it sounds feasible to me for the club to expect more.
    In theory we could keep him for a couple of more years.
  • edited February 2023
    Anyone think we might have got a loan or something and have already used some if not all of the Rice money last summer ,knowing he was going
  • I would think Sullivan will decide upon any transfer fee.
  • Of course Sullivan will set the fee and Moyes hasn’t done so to my knowledge. He just said it will take a record British fee to get him and I’m sure that’s how Sullivan feels about it too given the fee paid for a player who’s only played a relative handful of games.
  • thorn,

alderz said "David Moyes says any Declan Rice fee would comfortably break the British transfer record (£107m for Enzo Ferdandez)."

I said "It’s not really his decision to make."

You said "Whose decision is it then?"

I said "I would think Sullivan"

You said "Of course Sullivan will set the fee"

That's what I said.
  • Can we go through that again please? Hahaha
  • Moyes is just letting people know he won’t be driven out the door. We aren’t going to get £100m but we may get a reasonable fee & maybe a midfield player included as part of the deal. I still think City, with Phillips coming to us, is a likely outcome.
  • It's subject to so many things now as the more the contract runs down the lower the fee. Rice has served us admirably by not demanding a move but he is also it seems happy to run his contract down if necessary as he clearly doesn't mind playing for West ham.

To me this means if we don't sell this summer he may well run it down completely and instead of us being the ones to benefit from the biggest fee ever paid for a player he may be able to get the biggest signing on fee and wages of any player as the signing club may have just saved a record fee by waiting for him.

I think we do have to sell him in the summer and our best scenario is a bidding war so as many clubs interested the better. At present the interested parties look like Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle. He was very engaged with Eddie Howe after the final whistle yesterday. Sadly I think Newcastle may be favourites at present as long as they secure Champions League football, which I am not sure they will. They need him most and have most money to spend.

• Just a reminder that, although his contract only has 18 months left, we do have an option for an extra year, so it’s really 2 and a half years, so running it down is possible, but there’s still two years to go
  • Latest rumour coming out of Chelsea is that they’re tracking the Juvé tea lady. She’s seen as the natural successor to Gladys who’s been brewing at The Bridge for 32 years.
    The deal for Ms D’angelo is rumoured to be a ten year contract at £80 k a week.
    She’s just 18 and has only been brewing for 6 weeks but is seen “ one for the future “ by the Chelsea hierarchy.
  • We should have been all over that =)
  • @steve, Our interest would be pretty pointless as David Moyes wouldn't select her!
This discussion has been closed.