The Reader’s Digest: Pre Summer Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Thanks all
    2/3 of the teams have confirmed I can go home today
    Just waiting around for the last team
    Will be knocking their door down soon 😂
  • 6 points out of 9 is good form. Good luck on completing the streak.
  • Good luck Rav. I got toast and a choice of jam or marmalade when I was last in. Hahaha
  • Yeah thanks for that 😂
    It was the Marmalade I really wanted 😫
    Sadly has to be shred less for the foreseeable
  • Shreddless is better, less of the messing about picking out all the shreds.
  • I feel like I want to put a sentence down with 'semi colon' in it. Why can't I just be normal!

In other news, I haven't had Shreddies since 2009 and they were my favourite cereal.

Hoping now that Rav's out of hospital
  • Shreddies were my favourite. They were one of about 5 things ate from the age of 3 till 10. Those 5 things were all ate. I was a weird kid hahaha
  • Rav… like ur upbeat spirit…
    Trust your family and loved ones are there for you during this time in your life…
    Take care …. 💙
  • I’m a free man 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
    Thanks again all for your well wishes
  • Shreddless is better, less of the messing about picking out all the shreds.

I’m a shredhead
  • Southampton and West Ham are both in contact with the representatives of Nice's 23-year-old Nigeria forward Terem Moffi. (Football Insider)
  • Manchester City have renewed their interest in West Ham's 24-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (90min)
  • Nope, Dec won’t want to be playing in the Conference next season when he can be in the Championship with us.
  • Personally and it is a big if, IF Newcastle get champions league I think he will go there.
    Just in my opinion.
  • edited February 2023
    But didn't he say he wants to win trophies? If so Newcastle won't be the team in the near future.
  • I think it’ll still be City.
  • He will go to Man Utd. I'm convinced😢
  • West Ham could make summer bids for Manchester United's 26-year-old Scotland midfielder Scott McTominay, England centre-back Harry Maguire, 29, Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 25, and France forward Anthony Martial, 27. (CaughtOffside)

So… What’s wrong with the other 21 players in their squad 🧐
  • Highly likely if Dec fancies a move to Manchester but their wages may be a problem.
  • West Ham could make summer bids for Manchester United's 26-year-old Scotland midfielder Scott McTominay, England centre-back Harry Maguire, 29, Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 25, and France forward Anthony Martial, 27. (CaughtOffside)

The Hammers are putting Lazio and Serbia midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, 27, at the top of their list to replace England midfielder Declan Rice, should the 24-year-old leave in the summer. (Sun)

Crystal Palace and West Ham are keen on a move for Bristol City's 19-year-old English midfielder Alex Scott, who is valued at £20m. (Sun)

• Lets give Manchester United lots of money for their average cast offs. They could really do with the funds as they will soon be struggling financially.

Difference on signing Alex Scott is Palace would play him & David Moyes would put him in the Development squad!!
  • edited February 2023
    Sorry Baz didnt notice u had posted the United rumour already

Only realistic one for me is McTominay.

Think slab head and Martial will command higher suiters

And DvB will want out the prem having failed at both United and Everton

Strictly all IMO
  • According to various sources...

Martial £250k pw
    Maquire £190-200k pw
    van de Beek £120-140k pw
    McTominay £60-80k pw

According to those same sources our top earner is Paqueta on £125-150k

Martial and Maquire aren't worth the extra wages, van de Beek might be the best replacement we could get when/if Rice leaves but McTominay isn't any better than Soucek.
    Ravel49 said:

The Hammers are putting Lazio and Serbia midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, 27, at the top of their list to replace England midfielder Declan Rice, should the 24-year-old leave in the summer. (Sun)

Savic is quality, Arsenal were linked with him in January, reportedly a £8.8m loan deal with £35.5m option to buy although the Lazio club president said he wouldn't leave for less than €120m (£103.6m).

His contract expires in 2024 and its widely rumoured that he wants to leave. Inevitably he's also been linked with Man U, Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus

At Lazio he plays on the left of a 4-3-3 ahead of the holding midfielder (usually Danilo Cataldi) and holds the club record for most goals scored by a midfielder (64 in 324 apps).
  • Savic is world class
    I’ve watched nearly all of Lazio’s games this season both in Serie A and Europe.
    His link up play with Immobile is telepathic.
  • Also he will def want champions league
    That is Lazio’s only hope of keeping him if they achieve top 4
  • Ravel49 said:

Also he will def want champions league

So absolutely no hope of him joining West Ham...
  • Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (SMS) to pals
    On the bench today
    Obviously his head has been turned by the West Ham rumours 😜
  • Her was due to start but withdrawn before kick off with a "stomach bug"

Maybe it was the lasagne...
  • Sorry who is Her? Have I missed something?
  • Presume ASLEF meant “he”, as in Milinkovic-Savic
This discussion has been closed.