Zouma

I have just seen the footage of Zouma and I have lost all respect for him. He should be prosecuted by the RSPCA and his animals removed from his care. The club should take as strong a position as it's possible regard fines etc. There is no excuse, to be quite frank as good as he is I would rather he wasn't at my club and would prefer to have Diop playing instead now. There is something about a six foot man kicking a cat across the room and slapping it out of his sons arms that disgusts me.

Comments

• edited February 2022

I have just seen the footage of Zouma and I have lost all respect for him. He should be prosecuted by the RSPCA and his animals removed from his care. The club should take as strong a position as it's possible regard fines etc. There is no excuse, to be quite frank as good as he is I would rather he wasn't at my club and would prefer to have Diop playing instead now. There is something about a six foot man kicking a cat across the room and slapping it out of his sons arms that disgusts me.

Has it been confirmed as Zouma? The Sun report was "allegedly".

Who other than a family member or friend would have access to film the incident. Why would they make it public?

A few questions to be answered before he's hung, drawn and quartered by social media
  • Absolutely shocking…
    How pathetic…
    A grown man abusing a defenceless cat…

I’m disgusted and also would be happy if he never played for our club again…
    IMO his apologies are too little too late…
  • BTW tried to edit above but didn’t allow me to, wanted to add that I guess sadly it’s true as he seems to have apologised and believe the club made a statement….
    Sad that this seems true..
    Have no respect for him at all.
  • Hope he never plays for the club again to be honest. Disgusting.
  • Disgusting behavior

Hope he is treated as anyone else would be
  • Contract should be terminated, must be something they can find to get rid of him.
  • I’ve not seen it, and I don’t want to. I’m really upset and angry just reading about it. Anyone who thinks it’s ok to abuse animals is not someone I want to have associated with the club, but the likelihood is he won’t be going anywhere, and that honestly makes me feel quite gross. I hope he’s sold in the summer.
  • It's not good but not career ending.
  • Instead of a pathetic apology he should be spending time (like community service) going to shelters and feeding/cleaning out animals (supervised!) and donating a percentage of his wages (ongoing) to animal shelters and charities! It wont make him a better person but at least a number of animals will benefit from his existence
  • That's awful.
    Can't understand the mind of anyone who does that.

I have to say, I'm equally baffled by the filming of it.
  • IronHerb said:

It's not good but not career ending.

It should be.
  • IronHerb said:

It's not good but not career ending.

Perhaps you are right, BUT I’d like it to be at West Ham United..

Rather let him play elsewhere IMO
  • Yeah, I get that he’s going to have a career, but I would like the club to be principled through action not just words. And to me, that means getting rid of him.
  • MrsGrey said:

That's awful.

Allegedly by his brother!
  • I really hope we get rid of him.
    Couldn’t care a less if he’s our best defender ( personally always thought he was overrated anyway)
    Get him out of our club ASAP 👋
  • I wonder how brain dead he and his brother are , one of the most stupid things he could have done , unfortunately money talks so a fine and that’s that would be my guess, I would let him go
  • Unbelievable. What a tough Guy picking on a cat.
  • I don't think, however principled the club think they are, they'll sack a £30m asset (or, indeed, whether they have legal grounds to).

And to be honest, by the summer when they'll be in a position to sell him, I suspect no-one will be talking about what he's done.

Not saying that's right, but human behaviour dictates that it'll soon be forgotten on the whole.
  • I can't see us getting rid of him and neither do I want us to. He's getting plenty of stick and hopefully that will teach him the lesson.
  • MrsGrey said:

That's awful.

When you are intelligent and caring, this clouds insight into such behaviour (am I back in your good books????? Hello? Hello!!)
  • I don't think, however principled the club think they are, they'll sack a £30m asset (or, indeed, whether they have legal grounds to).

And to be honest, by the summer when they'll be in a position to sell him, I suspect no-one will be talking about what he's done.

Not saying that's right, but human behaviour dictates that it'll soon be forgotten on the whole.

Took the words out of my mouth.
    Morally of course it’s indefensible but he’s a £30 m + asset which I would imagine the club would be loath to bin.
    A 3 match ban, big fine and a full broadcast apology maybe, but it’s very difficult for the club to know what to do really.

• I find myself not wanting a 3 match ban. That leaves a cloud over the team as a whole (and potential for a dip in team morale too, if its not done it already). Either no ban and let him attempt to give something back on the pitch or do an Aubameyang on him and keep him away from the first team til the summer. Yes hes a 30M asset but we have more money now so they can swallow it and buy an extra defender.
  • Think the club have to be careful

Pretty much impossible to defend him, but also what he will be charged with will likely be a fine, perhaps community service and the cat taken off him...its very unlikely he will get sent to jail off this (met already said it won't be investigated into right?)

So do the club terminate his contract? Seems unlikely for a offence that hasn't resulted in jail time

Think the club will have to do something though as our/Zoumas image is bad and ethically we're in a hard position

Maybe a 10 match ban or a ban for the rest of the season plus some heavy internal fines?
  • IronHerb said:

I can't see us getting rid of him and neither do I want us to. He's getting plenty of stick and hopefully that will teach him the lesson.

Personally think he deserves far more than “ just a bit of stick “ , but hey we all have our opinions, get rid of him…
    Don’t want that kind of player with that image representing our club.
    I personally won’t ever forget what he did.
  • edited February 2022
    He should be treated the same as anybody else who has made a ridiculously stupid decision in life. He will suffer the consequences of damage to his reputation, suspension & no doubt a hefty fine. An educational course is also required. I don’t share the ‘should never play for the club again’. I rather view it as ‘should never play for the club unless he shows clear proactive signs that he is prepared to make up for what he has done & engage in positive rehabilitation’. What he did was stupid & childish & that is always a risk with somebody who has a personality like his. I hope the animal is ok & fortunately it seems it is & he either has it taken off him & given to a more responsible owner or never does it again.

Let the club deal with it as necessary, the dust settle & then the ball is in Zouma’s court to rebuild his reputation.
  • edited February 2022
    If anyone has not seen that video they should do so.
    Sick & disgusting…
    If you are capable of treating a pet that way what else are you capable of
    I have never wanted someone out our club like this.
    IMO Luke, stupid and childish are a very poor use of words for his behaviour in the video, IMO it’s violent and sick.

• edited February 2022
    I don’t want to use those words. All I know is where I stand on this &, as a human, I would never harm a domestic animal & I have grown up with pets all my life. I won’t use the words violent until I know that Zouma is a violent human. I don’t feel it’s responsible to throw terms at him. He clearly has committed a morally disgusting act. I don’t think calling him violent or sick is the way to go. Just my view, though. I don’t need to justify my choice of words too much as I know what sort of person I am & I completely disagree & am appalled by the story. Zouma has clearly made a very stupid decision & should face all consequences.
  • Just an aside, I wonder if he knew this was breaking (i.e. him being informed a video had been leaked) before the match at Kidderminster - it may also explain his performance on Saturday.

My own view is more in line with Lukerz here, I cannot condone anything he is filmed doing, but context is everything, we have no idea what went on immediately before this.

Clearly his brother, who allegedly filmed and posted this, has also done nothing to try to calm Zouma down.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I find myself not wanting a 3 match ban. That leaves a cloud over the team as a whole (and potential for a dip in team morale too, if its not done it already). Either no ban and let him attempt to give something back on the pitch or do an Aubameyang on him and keep him away from the first team til the summer. Yes hes a 30M asset but we have more money now so they can swallow it and buy an extra defender.

Morale may also be affected if he plays. Some of our players may not want to share a pitch with someone who did what he did.

It's just such an avoidable mess.
  • As an aside this subject is always sticky. He has physically hurt an animal which is indefensible. Equally, people will leave dogs in hot cars, spray killer at bugs & leave traps down for mice. People will hunt foxes or swat wasps & buy products tested on animals. It’s always been a bit of a murky area for me when debating the morals of ‘animal cruelty’, but that is another debate.

Let’s deal with this act in an isolated manner & make sure Zouma fully understands that what he was filmed doing is utterly disgusting & no domestic pet owner should get away with an act like that without punishment.