Zouma

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Section 1 states that it is a criminal offence to “cruelly beat, ill-treat, kick” a domestic or captive animal, which relates to our question about kicking pet dogs. You also can't “over-ride, over-load, torture, infuriate or terrify” them.

Nothing about harming the animal.

Sorry to be ignorant IH, but what are you then saying?
    Section 1 states that it's an illegal offence to ill-treat /kick a domestic animal...
    so as we all aware he did this, are you saying he's guilty and should be charged under section 1...
    Sorry, just a tad confused here what you saying?
  • thorn wrote - 'If the cat suffered no harm then it doesn’t come under the definition of animal cruelty' to which I responded - 'Section 1 states that it is a criminal offence to “cruelly beat, ill-treat, kick” a domestic or captive animal'. So you don't have to harm it to break the law.
  • I would imagine that "cruelly beating, ill-treating, or kicking" would necessarily cause harm, both physical and psychological.
  • Surely the act of kicking is cruel so whether the cat in this instance is injured or not is immaterial.
  • Zouma axed from squad and fined £250,000 to be donated to charity.
  • Zouma axed from squad and fined £250,000 to be donated to charity.

Source, please.
  • If that's true it will make it look like the board have undermined Moyes as manager now by axing him from the squad. Makes it even more worse for Moyes that he picked him.
  • Sky and the RSPCA have removed his cats.
  • Yeold I don’t believe they have. They stated that they backed him in whatever decision he made regarding the team whilst they make their own internal investigations which I assume were in conjunction with the RSPCA.
  • edited February 2022
    This is not going to end well…
    Thanks IH for explaining, appreciated 👍🏻

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/09/kurt-zoumas-cats-seized-by-rspca-and-west-ham-defender-fined-250000-16077517/
  • For once I feel sorry for the board.£30m paid for a pig that the whole country now hate. What are they to do? Kiss the money good bye and get rid? Tough call
  • You fine him and make him spend time in an animal rescue centre to show him the effects of what cruelly hurting animal does to them.
  • 'West Ham has also fined him £250,000 – two weeks’ worth of wages – and axed him from the squad for the next game.'

So I don't think he's going to be transferred, and rightly so.
  • Sky and the RSPCA have removed his cats.

Sky rescue animals as well? 🤔
  • edited February 2022

Sky and the RSPCA have removed his cats.

For a veterinary check up, according to the RSPCA. Direct from the horse's mouth :-)
  • edited February 2022
    I hope he explains to his poor kids why their beloved ( I'm guessing of course the kids love their pets ) have been taken from their home..

He must own up and face the music on all fronts...

I personally think Moyes also made a mistake playing him last night, but that's done and dusted now, can't turn back the clock..

It's just a shame we have a player who acts like he has damaging the image of our club.
    No player is bigger than the club...

I really hope the cats are both fine and possibly re homed to a home that just give and share love....
  • It doesn't damage the image of the club. It was Kurt Zouma who did it, not West Ham.

I personally find it so hard to care what anybody else thinks about West Ham, but that's just me.

Whenever a footballer does something bad, social media and tabloids use it as an opportunity to attack the entire club just to perpetuate scandal.

Social media and tabloids do really well out of scandals and outrage. They love it.
  • It doesn't damage the image of the club. It was Kurt Zouma who did it, not West Ham.

I personally find it so hard to care what anybody else thinks about West Ham, but that's just me.

Whenever a footballer does something bad, social media and tabloids use it as an opportunity to attack the entire club just to perpetuate scandal.

Social media and tabloids do really well out of scandals and outrage. They love it.

Don't agree at all, he is a representatitive of our club, an ambassador, a role model to youngsters, someone to look up to and try and be like, fine example.

It's fine you don't care what others think, but there are many more who do..IMO.
  • Glad that it appears something will happen

But still can't understand how we allowed him to play last night then to axe him later
  • We’ve had all the pundits condemning us as a club for not banning him for weeks for what they call despicable cruelty but some of them I saw are ones who are well into horse racing and consider whipping the horses as part and parcel of the sport.
  • Horse racing and whipping a horse V kicking, chasing, slapping and throwing objects to a small cat.
    Sorry no comparison IMO.
  • WHU - Perhaps because the internal investigation was not completed before the match?
  • Club statement

West Ham United can confirm that the Club is supporting an RSPCA investigation into the actions of Kurt Zouma in the video circulated online this week.

Kurt and the Club are co-operating fully with the investigation and the player has willingly complied with the steps taken in the initial stage of the process, including delivering his family’s two cats to the RSPCA for assessment. Kurt is extremely remorseful and, like everyone at the Club, fully understands the depth of feeling surrounding the incident and the need for action to be taken.

Separate to the RSPCA’s investigation and pending further sanction once the outcome of that process is determined, West Ham United can confirm that Kurt Zouma has been fined the maximum amount possible following his actions in the video that circulated. The player has immediately accepted the fine and has requested that it is donated to animal welfare charities.

West Ham United would like to reiterate our condemnation of Kurt’s actions and make it clear that the matter continues to be handled with the utmost seriousness. However, we believe it is now important to allow the RSPCA to conduct their investigation in a fair and thorough manner, and will be making no further comment at this stage.

• Although I find Zouma's actions abhorrent I have to admit it does stick in the craw a little to hear people such as wife beater Collymore take the moral high ground.
  • No word that he's been axed from the squad.
  • jay, Do you know how much that amounts to?
  • MrsGrey said:

Sky and the RSPCA have removed his cats.

For a veterinary check up, according to the RSPCA. Direct from the horse's mouth :-)
    A horse you say? Just how big is his flat?
  • jay, Do you know how much that amounts to?

No idea, didn't say in article....
    Let's hope the board can persuade them that they have made correct decisions and they come back on board, not sure the money side matters but the image ain't good IMO.
  • Horse racing and whipping a horse V kicking, chasing, slapping and throwing objects to a small cat.
    Sorry no comparison IMO.

I believe they are comparable, in the broader sense. Both involve animals suffering pain through no choice of their own.

As a society we seem to accept some animals being hurt, but not others.