Zouma

Comments

• I know its not our club, thank goodness, but one of the Manchester United players is allegedly unhappy about the way they have not backed Mason Greenwood which if proved is on a much higher level that what Zouma has done which I am in no way defending may I add.
  • Lukerz said:

As an aside this subject is always sticky. He has physically hurt an animal which is indefensible. Equally, people will leave dogs in hot cars, spray killer at bugs & leave traps down for mice. People will hunt foxes or swat wasps & buy products tested on animals. It’s always been a bit of a murky area for me when debating the morals of ‘animal cruelty’, but that is another debate.

This is an interesting point. And whenever it comes up I always think of my nan who used to watch nature programmes and say how cruel it was when a big cat took down a gazelle, before shuffling off to the kitchen to put a joint of beef into the oven.

I guess people have more sensitivity towards cruelty to domesticated animals, particularly when it's a personal choice to have them.
  • No worries Luke, we all entitled to our opinions.
    I stand firmly by what I said, that he acted in a sick and violent way to his own pet.
    Anyone capable of this needs help IMO.

I would be over the moon if he never played for us again.

• Just one other thing no one has mentioned.
    Apart from the abuse towards his pet, how must his small child have felt when the father slaps the cat flying out their hands…
    That’s also shocking, anyhow I’ve said enough.
  • He's a pig and Moyes now has a headache he could do without and with very weak cover.
  • Dont want him around our club .and if that means midtable and no cups so be it ,Some things are more important then football ,As im sitting with my dog with trust in his eyes
  • I agree with a lot of what Luke has said, but I personally am struggling with taking the emotion out of it. I don’t want someone who thinks that is ok to be associated with the club. I don’t want to cheer someone who thinks that behaviour is ok. I believe in second chances, and learning, but I also don’t believe that means people should get their second chance with their privileged position very much intact.
  • Dont want to see the video. There is clearly something wrong with an individual doing this particularly knowing it is being filmed.
    If guilty I would like him out of the club unless he comes up with a substantial way to try to make amends. Makes you wonder what else he has done.
  • Dont want to see it either .But are the 2 cats still in his house if so why .Get them into a real loving home ,And let him explain to his kids why they have lost there pets .How on earth can that cat feel safe with hin around
  • edited February 2022
    One of the most disturbing things is the laughter, it indicates a sadistic streak. That there is a pleasure derived from the pain and fear caused to the cat.
  • I’ve just seen it, horrible dining room chairs. Is the cat even his?
  • I’ve just seen it, horrible dining room chairs. Is the cat even his?

It’s not funny is it
  • edited February 2022
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60299426

"I would like to assure everyone that our two cats are perfectly fine and healthy.

"They are loved and cherished by our entire family, and this behaviour was an isolated incident that will not happen again."

🤔🤔🤔
  • I, like most on here, love animal/pets and don’t condone this for a second. However, I don’t believe we can’ say he has “a sadistic streak”. The video looks as if it’s been edited, so we do not know what else was happening that may have made them laugh. The poor cat may just have been kicked/hit when the joke went far too far.
    Us Brits find this abhorrent, so Zouma has totally misjudged how much of an outcry there would be. He should be fined and banned by the club, and investigated by the police, but I’m not sure it should be career ending.
  • I've been sent loads of " jokes " about Zouma and West Ham and a link to view it. I have no interest in seeing it. It's obviously true, from what everyone is saying. The Guy's vile
  • I think banning him is ridiculous as this could potentially end up with the rest of the team being punished due to poor performances. This is all down to him and I think he should be fined as much as the regulations permit and also recommend to him, I doubt he could be forced, to do volunteer work for a while with the RSPCA.
    I think playing him tonight would be a good idea as he will have 60,000 fans expressing their disgust at his actions and he can see how it won’t be tolerated.
  • I think the club could set an example. surely his behaviour has a negative/detrimental affect on West Ham
    Within his contract he must surely adhere to not acting in this way..
    Apart from the authorities acting, I so hope our club make a firm stance.
  • I think banning him is ridiculous as this could potentially end up with the rest of the team being punished due to poor performances. This is all down to him and I think he should be fined as much as the regulations permit and also recommend to him, I doubt he could be forced, to do volunteer work for a while with the RSPCA.
    I think playing him tonight would be a good idea as he will have 60,000 fans expressing their disgust at his actions and he can see how it won’t be tolerated.

Makes a lot of sense actually. ⚒
  • Based on the evidence of the video I doubt the RSPCA would want him doing any 'volunteer' work.

I don't think the laughter was his, but his brother's.
  • Part of me thinks he should just be made to face the music and play tonight. I think that's more of a punishment than being hidden away until the rage wears off.
  • Hamstew said:

Part of me thinks he should just be made to face the music and play tonight. I think that's more of a punishment than being hidden away until the rage wears off.

I fear that would affect him and the team too much. Not fair on the other players to have to deal with that, IMO.
  • What ever happens its a no win for us
  • If he’s fit, he should play
  • I’m struggling to see how the rest of the team would be affected.
  • edited February 2022
    Now with apparantly the police involved, fit or not, IMO no way he's near the team tonight.
    Can't see the rest of team would be much affected, but what do I know, I just can't see him being involved, if he is it would simply be wrong IMO.
  • IronHerb said:

I’m struggling to see how the rest of the team would be affected.

Because if one of the team is getting a use it might affect how he plays, which in turn will affect the other players and their performance. And if they play badly with an already angry crowd, it’s likely they’ll be a lot less patient with the other players.
  • IronHerb said:

I’m struggling to see how the rest of the team would be affected.

So you don't think if there's a negative attitude towards Zouma that the other players won't feel it? Just don't think it's worth the risk, personally.
  • If I try and leave my personal disgust aside and try and look objectively at what would be a personal and club response that would be proportionate and fitting I think this would be it.

Club ban from matches for two weeks and fined those wages (rumoured to be 120kpw)
    Zouma offers to match the fine voluntarily.

This 480k shared out in 20k donations to 24 animal shelters throughout the country.

RSPCA visit to check the cats are cared for and showing no signs of cruelty. If they are they are removed and if not Zouma and his family consent to a visit from an officer to educate them all about the long term effects abuse can have on animals and make clear this is happening because of what Dad did in the video. Start the meeting with them all watching the video.

Personally I would be happy for him to never play for us again and sold to recoup the cost of him in the summer. I recognise this is not likely to happen however and at least the above may show it's not simply just a case of it being PR managed now.

• Lots of sense posted on here. I hope the majority of our fans see this similarly.
    Whatever the outcome, the man needs to have a punishment that is severe enough for him to never do what he did again.

Dop will play tonight and I hope he has a great game
  • Zouma starts tonight