Zouma

Comments

• edited February 2022

Moojor, No because the teacher shouldn’t have been sacked.

Not sure if I agree here.
    So question, all the kids, their parents and her Co workers have seen this video of the disgusting animal cruelty she committed, how must they feel towards her???

As a parent of a child, hypothetically would you want a person like this teaching you’re child??? Really???

What about the kids, would they be motivated to learn from a person capable of such a sick act???? Not convinced, we all know kids today are super savvy and won’t tolerate or accept kindly to it…..

And how about her fellow teaching staff, would they see her in the same light as before…Would they still respect, trust her??? Not convinced at all?? If I saw footage like that I’d personally see this person in a totally different way IMO….

I personally don’t think it’s as easy as just saying leave it to the police / authorities to deal with, I feel punishment should perhaps come from all sides of this person’s life…

You commit such a vile crime, you should pay for it ( & I’m not referring to the £250k that Zouma is losing or his sponsor with adidas) it’s absolutely peanuts to someone like him IMO )…

Personally think this woman was right to be fired, no example for students to respect/ look up to/ trust or want to learn from…

And like I always say, it’s cool people think differently to me, if we all shared the same thoughts it would half be a boring world we live in……
    👍🏻⚒️👍🏻⚒️
  • I think the justice system that we have in almost every society is pretty poor. Social repercussions, imo, are just as valid as those from authority. If someone is fired or ostracised socially for actions that have a low investigation and/or conviction rate, I’m ok with that.
  • Ah, the lynch mob.
  • alderz said:

I think the justice system that we have in almost every society is pretty poor. Social repercussions, imo, are just as valid as those from authority. If someone is fired or ostracised socially for actions that have a low investigation and/or conviction rate, I’m ok with that.

Sounds too much like trial by twitter to me.
  • alderz said:

I think the justice system that we have in almost every society is pretty poor. Social repercussions, imo, are just as valid as those from authority. If someone is fired or ostracised socially for actions that have a low investigation and/or conviction rate, I’m ok with that.

This makes me uneasy.
    Unless the society doing the ostracizing has got all their facts straight and aren't bringing bigotry and prejudice into the equation, it can get quite nasty.

Better to make our justice system better imo.
  • Some media this morning calling for Moyes to be sacked and banned. This is getting totally disproportionate. If everyone was sacked from their job for doing something not right in their personal life there’d be hardly anyone working.
  • I see Adidas have been quick to dump Zouma. Yet they didn't seem to have such urgency with the racist Suarez...
  • I own an ex-racing greyhound.
    In the past, I have enjoyed the odd night out at Romford dog track years before I adopted our dog.
    I have come to learn a bit about the industry of dog racing and I don't think I'd attend another race again based upon the knowledge I now have over how those animals get treated by some owners/trainers.
    Similar to horse racing to a degree.
    I hope all people, including our centre-half, review how ALL animals are treated based upon new knowledge.
    One animal's suffering is no less or worse than the next animal.
  • I see Adidas have been quick to dump Zouma. Yet they didn't seem to have such urgency with the racist Suarez...

Cancel culture wasn’t as trendy back then.
  • Although I think Zouma was very wrong, and should be punished, I do think some of the media and "villagers with burning torches" are being quite hypocritical here. and are in danger of overdoing things to the point when a wrong punishment is given out - and who are we to say what is correct?
    Do we sneer at everyone in a Newcastle shirt? Ostracise all clubs that are sponsored by betting companies? Ban all South American players from countries where Guinea pigs are a delicacy?
    My point is we can have intelligent opinions on some of these things, but I start to recoil when "trial by (social) media" starts.

• Vitality, West Ham's official wellness partner, and Experience Kissimmee, West Ham’s official destination partner, have both withdrawn their sponsorship

Umbro UK and Heineken are considering their position
  • My mate knows someone at Kissimmee. Says they've been looking to get out for a while.
  • I can understand Adidas's withdrawal of Zouma's personal sponsorship, but what is the justification for the club's sponsorship?
    The club has fined him the maximum amount, what more is expected?
    What has happened to the idea of forgiveness and redemption?

Welcome to Corporation Cancel Culture.
  • I can understand Adidas's withdrawal of Zouma's personal sponsorship, but what is the justification for the club's sponsorship?

I think because the club played him against Watford. That's the only thing that the club can be held responsible for.
  • Well if we lose Heineken the beer will be cheaper.
  • edited February 2022
    As Hamstew said they may have wanted out anyway. Honestly, I have no idea who Kissimmee are, and what they did for West Ham apart from give us money. What did they get from the sponsorship?
  • If Zouma does any more dropkicking, it'll probably be on his brother. =)
  • That won’t go down well. He’ll get stick now as it will be perceived as he’s condoning what Zouma did.
  • As Hamstew said they may have wanted out anyway. Honestly, I have no idea who Kissimmee are, and what they did for West Ham apart from give us money. What did they get from the sponsorship?

Exposure. Most of us had never heard of them until they sponsored West Ham. Here they get wide exposure in the stadium, on our website, in our programmes and on the interview backboards(?) and any other West Ham functions.
  • That won’t go down well. He’ll get stick now as it will be perceived as he’s condoning what Zouma did.

How can it be perceived he's condoning it when he clearly says 'I don't condone it'?
  • Because the over the top hysterics won’t read that far down or listen to that part.

I think because the club played him against Watford. That's the only thing that the club can be held responsible for.
    Employer expects employee to turn up and do the job they are paid for.

Shock horror.
  • From the BBC:
    One of West Ham's sponsors have issued a statement this morning ...

"Scope Markets, like West Ham United, do not condone cruelty to animals in any form. Our relationship with West Ham United is on a purely club level, and we have full faith in the club to deal with the issue internally."
  • Some sense at last.
  • The bandwagon was full, perhaps ;-)
  • In no way do I find Zouma's abhorrent behaviour acceptable, so although we Brits love cuddly, furry creatures as pets, have a thought that cats will play with a mouse until it dies of exhaustion. That poor little rodent gets no sympathy at all. It's an odd world.

Zouma's video of the awful treatment of his cat shows him to be utterly stupid for not recognising the storm of protest that would follow in this pet-loving country where he makes his living.
  • In this pet-loving country we have plenty of home-grown animal mistreaters.
  • While, in other news:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-60325643

Sense of perspective needed, I think.