Zouma

Comments

• I think what zouma did was terrible, but show of hands, how many of us have never done anything stupid in our lives? I mean really stupid.
  • I remember doing things bad as a kid. Told off and sent to my room to think about it. Taken out if the situation by my parents.
    The club could have asked Zouma to stay in his room straught away so to speak, but chose not to. Because of playing him it has now become as much the clubs problem.
  • Now being reported players demanding pay increase as they didn’t know he was on £125k
  • edited February 2022
    thorn, Isn't this the same debate we all had when we were thinking of signing him in would it affect team morale him being on high wages?
  • You think they didn't know how much he was earning? It's just more into Zouma fuel to the fire.
  • IronHerb said:

You think they didn't know how much he was earning? It's just more into Zouma fuel to the fire.

The Daily Mail, who are reporting that Zouma's wages have only just come to light, clearly didn't read the report in the Daily Mail in the summer that mentioned Zouma's wages.

Absolute rag.
  • Lukerz said:

Do I think Zouma is a vile, sadistic & sick human being? No. What this is is a massive misjudgment by him in trying to create a scene that they thought, in the context of the moment, was funny & entertaining to their audience. The fact it was filmed & initially uploaded onto social media shows that this was done as a form of entertainment to be shown to their followers. This is the ‘tik-tok’ way of living. They at no point clicked that this was actually incredibly cruel & disgusting. The evidence of that is that the brother posted it & landed both of them in it. It’s almost like one of those ‘You’ve Been Framed’ style videos narrated by Harry Hill.

Both have massively misjudged the situation. I believe it was done for comedic effect but they got it massively wrong & misjudged the fact that most humans would deem that as sick & disgusting & not humorous. Do I believe Zouma is an evil human? No. He should pay for this mistake & he cannot argue about it. Same for his brother.

I do find it hard to feel this should define him as a human, though. His record as a character so far has been flawless & he is a well liked member of the squad & previous squads he had been apart of. This was a moment of idiotic & childish misjudgment that manifested in an act of cruelty & he will now pay the price for that.

Best comment on the matter. (IMO of course)

#IfCarlsbergDidComments
  • edited February 2022

thorn, Isn't this the same debate we all had when we were thinking of signing him in would it affect team morale him being on high wages?

Hang on. So are you saying we should only sign players of a lesser standard or who are less in demand, so we can keep wages down for fear of upsetting other players?

Or we should try to sign top players but offer them low wages?

You have been very critical of the club's transfer business ( or lack of it) so I'm interested to know what you think should be the wage policy, and how this might be part of a transfer strategy.

• Presuming he serves a ban and comes back, I wonder what his mentality will be like when he faces away fans and the public again
  • MrsG, No I don't actually. I was just commenting on thorn's post & as OCS has said since the papers were reporting his likely salary in the Summer so why it should now become more relevant I don't know. The players can't all be on the same wage the better ones attract a higher one & any new signings if they are that good should be paid accordingly.
  • edited February 2022
    yoyo said:

Presuming he serves a ban and comes back, I wonder what his mentality will be like when he faces away fans and the public again

Boy, I got that wrong. Moyes says Zouma is available to play
  • Media rubbish. I knew his wages just from reading a few news reports at the time so the idea the players didn't is not credible. Anyhow if they wanted to start that conversation I imagine Yamalenko's wages might be first into question.

• Interesting they reported the sponsors who pulled out. But nothing about the one who issued a statement that they would continue.
  • edited February 2022
    Or that Experience Kissimmee promote SeaWorld, that haven of animal wellbeing. 🤔
  • edited February 2022
    I think people now need to reign it in a little. The constant barrage of attack on Kurt Zouma, from all angles, still a young man. We’ve just spent all week educating kids at my school of the, sometimes fatal, consequences of online abuse.

I would be horrified if it forced him to do something to himself. We need to put this into perspective.
  • I'd hope he and all his family would have simply closed all social media accounts. Or at the very least turned off comments.

Nothing good at all can come from not doing so.
  • edited February 2022
    Lukerz said:

I think people now need to reign it in a little. The constant barrage of attack on Kurt Zouma, from all angles, still a young man. We’ve just spent all week educating kids at my school of the, sometimes fatal, consequences of online abuse.

I would be horrified if it forced him to do something to himself. We need to put this into perspective.

Fair points.
    Perhaps part of his rehabilitation from his act of animal cruelty, as a well known public figure he could go into schools and tell the students that he made a terrible decision and what he did was very wrong and he wishes he never committed this act etc …
    And it’s simply bad and very wrong…

I wouldn’t expect everyone who committed such an act to do so, but as a person many youngsters would have looked up to, it could be a start….
  • I'm disgusted with his behaviour but I like to think he's disgusted with himself. No excuses but hopefully a lesson learned. I'm not saying people will or should forget but it's time to move on
  • edited February 2022
    SkySportsNews still on a witch-hunt for Zouma. Who on earth are they to say what sort of punishment is correct? They don’t even pretend to be impartial.
    Both Manchester clubs play on Saturday so I suppose they need something to talk about on “SuperSunday”.😀⚒
  • Media rubbish. I knew his wages just from reading a few news reports at the time so the idea the players didn't is not credible. Anyhow if they wanted to start that conversation I imagine Yamalenko's wages might be first into question.

Its criminal he gets paid full stop! (I mean Yarmo)
  • Good Statement by the club.
  • Oh dear it seems Zuoma is available for our game, not sure where the club think they are going with this. Their attitude and by extension Moyes attitude is in sensitive to say the least, like saying we are dealing with the matter internally, when it was obvious it was anything but once it the video was out on social media. To me the club & Moyes actions condone Zouma and this brings our club into disrepute and is a disgrace; we as fans deserve better from the board.
    How can the media bang on about players being an example to youngsters when this, with the exception of Marcus Rashford is how they choose to behave? It really beggars belief in my opinion.
  • C&b either you haven’t read the latest statement or are choosing to ignore it but it’s clear to me they are not condoning it
  • I don’t get that hey are condoning Zouma’s actions at all , quite the opposite.
    But I think playing him is a mistake at this stage.
  • Slacker said:

I don’t get that hey are condoning Zouma’s actions at all , quite the opposite.

Football is business, and by dropping Zouma we are possibly losing money via points and final league position.
  • edited February 2022
    I don’t see any correlation between dropping Zouma & a better outcome. You only drop Zouma if you feel that equals a better outcome. The reality is he is not in a job that involves working with animals so there is no immediate need to suspend him. He can continue to work whilst also undergoing investigation & rehabilitation in parallel to his job.

Whether he starts or is dropped from the squad, the cat was still physically kicked & hit. The abuse of an animal still remains. It doesn’t change anything. I don’t agree with the fact it should have been done to ‘send a token message’. I have seen many empty token messages or tick box exercises by organisations with no genuineness behind it. I would much rather some proper steps being taken & things put in place than to drop him for two matches.

For me, too much is being made out of ‘he should be left out of the team’. That is purely a club decision & I also don’t agree that starting him is ‘disgraceful’. WHUFC do an incredible amount of work with local charities, community projects, made money available during the COVID pandemic to allow staff to retain jobs, have supported many vulnerable & unwell children & adults, have players/staff do lots of hospital work & volunteer work with groups who are less fortunate, have actively fought racism, homophobia & other forms of discrimination, fund a female football team as part of the club & run educational programmes in schools. That’s just what I can think of immediately.

I think the club deserve the right to deal with this how they want & I hope they stay strong & do not bow down to the widespread media pressure.
  • Slacker said:

I don’t get that hey are condoning Zouma’s actions at all , quite the opposite.

Football is business, and by dropping Zouma we are possibly losing money via points and final league position.
    And that’s precisely why it looks so bad to play him at the moment.
    My view is to take him out of the firing line for a couple of games or so, which would put the club in a far better light and would ( to an extent) protect the player because I would imagine his head is all over the place at the moment.