Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• Twist, if I had of known, you could've been a +2 of mine.

;hug

I'm an idiot, I didn't even think to text and ask if you'd used yours ;weep

;weep

Spoke to someone at the reservation centre yesterday who said they are still working through the list and are now at July.

Which begs the question.... Why the fan +2 ?
    Why keep asking people to join the list even though the demand was way too high in the first place ?

The club are now going with... 'Any remaining people on the list will join the waiting list for the year after. ' - Ah that's ok then ;doh
  • And where's all this £10 people have spent to join the list, where is that going?
    ;puzzled
  • edited April 2016
    50k season ticket holders now. So is that 10k on general sale then as well as away allocation?
  • No, that will be 10k minus away allocation of 3-4000
  • Twist

I'd say it's going towards paying administration costs.
  • But the £10 was a deposit, which you get back when you get your season ticket?

Those that are unsuccessful (me and thousands of others) have just given £10 away.
  • I'm pretty sure the club were clear that the £10 wouldn't be refunded where applicants were unsuccessful.

Without such a (relatively small) charge, the club could have been inundated with applications from people who had no real intention of taking up the offer of a season ticket.

Maybe it will count against the cost if you end up with a season ticket down the line?
  • I've not had an email confirming success in Man U ballot, but my purchase history in on-line box office now shows details of 2x tkts purchased yesterday afternoon - so I got lucky by the looks of it.!
  • P.S. Went to reservation centre before Watford game last week to see the view from our ST's we got on the phone the week before (we were registered in Nov btw) - was told that there was now going to be over a 5 year waiting list !
  • Bozo

;ok

It's the irony of wanting, and then achieving 'success'; more people want to go to the games, and are prepared to take up season tickets, which means more people are going to be disappointed because they won't end up with tickets.
  • I have to but no details of the seat or price...items ordered on 21st at 16:45..... ;wahoo ...although not counting my chickens until I get the tickets ;pray
  • Fingers crossed for you, weztam, and welcome aboard.
  • If it's on your purchase record then it's looking good.
  • I'm pretty sure the club were clear that the £10 wouldn't be refunded where applicants were unsuccessful.

Maybe it will count against the cost if you end up with a season ticket down the line?

Yes it was clear that the £10 wouldn't be refunded. Not sure that makes it right andsurely as fans we deserve to know where that money is going?

Re. The £10 coming off future season ticket.. It may well do. But the application was for this year, not 2/3 years down the line.
  • Unfortunately Weztam, the details with no seat or stand info is just confirmation that you were in the ballot - once successful full seat & stand info plus cost becomes visible !
  • I've been lucky enough to get tickets for the Swansea game, although we only knew we had tickets as the money had gone from my son's account and they showed up in my purchase history (even though it was my son that applied) We phoned the ticket office as we had not received an email, they confirmed we had got tickets and my son got an email shortly after. Oddly in my purchase history the kick off time shows as 16:45
  • Twist

What do you mean 'deserve to know'?

Where do fans get that 'right' from?

Are you saying season ticket holders should demand to know where their ticket money is going? And that the club have a duty to tell them?

I can only say that you entered freely into an agreement with the club.

Not sure why you are now unhappy about it, when the conditions were so clear at the start.

• In my purchase history ko time for Mancs game is 21:30 !!
  • Wow. In that case there's going to be one hell of a pre match show ;biggrin
  • Twist

What do you mean 'deserve to know'?

Where do fans get that 'right' from?

Are you saying season ticket holders should demand to know where their ticket money is going? And that the club have a duty to tell them?

I can only say that you entered freely into an agreement with the club.

Not sure why you are now unhappy about it, when the conditions were so clear at the start.

1. Because this '£10 to join the list' seems a bit strange to me. Especially when they kept advertising and asking fans to join the list even though they will have thousands missing out.

2. Fans/customers - Potato/potata. If you paid £10 to join a list to buy something that year. Would you be happy for the seller to say, ah we've run out now. We'll sell you one in a couple of years though? Surely you'd ask for your £10 back? You might not require that item then, you might not be able to afford it in a year or 2?

3. No I'm not saying that.

4. I am mainly unhappy with the 'season ticket + 2 of your mates' before a lot of fans (who have been to games) have the chance to get one. I'm worried that having a lot of 'non hammers' in the ground will kill the atmosphere.

Don't you think the club need to say something about that? That they underestimated the amount of fans the club had? Instead of panicking with the '+2' ?

Anyway that's that off my chest. Have a good weekend ;cheers
  • edited April 2016
    Twist

No, I wouldn't ask for a refund where I had been told in advance that there would be no refund, and no guarantee that I would actually be able to get the item I was trying to reserve.

I very much doubt that many, if any, of the new STs will be 'non-Hammers', and you have no reason that I can see to assume that they have not previously attended games.

Have a good weekend yourself ;cheers
  • Have no idea hwo they're going to split that final 10k....

Away fans....
    Newham freebies
    Memebers/general
  • edited April 2016
    Round and round we go.

The +2 system was wrong imo

They hugely underestimated demand and feared being left with seats unsold. Therefore we now have friends of current ST and other clubs fans who have dislodged existing ST holders into other areas. (See direct stories of WHU fans who know supporters of other clubs who have come to us as they can't get their own clubs ST and its so much cheaper)

Also we have people who joined the waiting list who are now five years away, yep that is tough but what is even worse the club are still taking the tenners off people when they know there is little to no chance people will get offered a ST in the next 3-5 years.

Nice little earner if you can get it.

• 4. I am mainly unhappy with the 'season ticket + 2 of your mates' before a lot of fans (who have been to games) have the chance to get one. I'm worried that having a lot of 'non hammers' in the ground will kill the atmosphere.

A big assumption there, I feel.

Maybe these are life-long hammers who couldn't afford a ticket before. So it should be surely a cause for happiness that people previously priced out can now once again take their place in the stands?

An alternative scenario - maybe they have been to many more games than you - does that qualify them ahead of you to have a ticket?

It sounds rather like you are saying STs should have been allocated on the basis of how many games you have been to ...

... or some other measure to assess how 'big a fan' you are.

It sounds like you are saying proper fan = goes to games now -> deserves priority over...

many other fans who might not be able to get to games, can't afford it, might have been to 3X as many games as you, but just not recently.

#canofworms
  • There will be a mixed bag of situations and the decent pricing (a good thing) has led to some of this

Not an easy task by any means for the club but in their desperation to get it sold out (understandable) then in hindsight +1 would've been enough

;ok

• Yes it was clear that the £10 wouldn't be refunded. Not sure that makes it right andsurely as fans we deserve to know where that money is going?

If only you were on twitter. You could have asked David Gold.
  • edited April 2016
    +1 would've been enough
    Well, in your opinion, obviously.

I suspect there are many, many family and friends groups who were delighted to be able to get a chance to sit in with each other.

Wherever demand outstrips supply, there are going to be disappointments.

As to stories of other fans getting season tickets - seems remarkably unlikely to me, and if there are instances, I would imagine they are remarkably few.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket to go to another team's games?

Where would the fun be in it?
  • 3k for away fans.
    5k academy / gen sale
    2k other

I think.
  • Not a great deal of tickets for general sale ;weep
  • What's the split for season ticket against members/general now? Has all been a bit confusing to follow.