Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• edited March 2016
    IronMike great story and I bet there are plenty others like that.

As I said right from the start probably almost impossible to keep everyone happy.

What I didn't understand was some that thought nobody would be disappointed or that the +2 policy hadn't affected some in a negative way?

;ok
  • ;hmm

Who on here thought that?
  • MrsGrey said:

;lol

I was only thinking about him a while back and wondering if he was still campaigning against the move.

I guess I got my answer.

No he's not as far as I know. Of course if they scrapped it, he'd probably be over the moon. That article was from September last year.
  • ;ok Mike

I believe there were negative experiences.

Some because unrealistic expectations were not met.

Some because they just didn't like what they were shown.

So nobody, absolutely nobody was affected by the +2 approach.

I honestly find that amazing.

Imo
  • edited March 2016
    MrsGrey said:

;hmm

Who on here thought that?

Originally Suze mentioned that in her experience and all the people she'd talked to and feedback gained everyone got what they wanted and was happy.

She did however then mention after Mike's post that perhaps there were negatives

;ok
  • ;ok Mike

Imo
    All got their ST as the club promised.

Some might not have got the upgrade / move to another seat they wanted and as a result feel miffed. The +2 may well have contributed to this.
  • I'm with Slizzy on this one.

I think the club haven't really thought it through. Perhaps they were worried about ticket sales so added this '+2 of your mates'. Thinking that will be the best way to sell out. Now there is a huge demand, with many on the priority list to be disappointed. But hey at leasta ccurrent season ticket holder can bring a mate with them (might not even be a hammer...)
    What really grinds my gears is they are still getting people to join the list so they can get £10 off you. And then hide behind the 'you'll be on the list for the season after'
  • edited March 2016

it's terrible when they send the heavies around to your house and hold your firstborn hostage until you part with your tenner.

Something should really be done about that.

Especially since you won't actually 'be on the list for the season after'.

Shocking.
  • Twist

2 separate issues.

When the club came up with the +2 plan they could have had no idea the demand. No idea that STs would go like hot cakes. But they did think it through, the whole plan, for years. I was in on some of it.

The £10 to go on a priority list beign non refundable was highlighted to all who joined.

• edited March 2016
    I think the idea of +2 was fundamentally flawed, and this is why.

It basically allowed all season ticket holders two advantages, to get priority seats (the best seats) at the new ground (perfectly reasonable) and then allowed them the chance to gain a further two seats for new people. So, for every season ticket holder who confirmed their seat, it potentially meat three seats lost.

Whatever the motivation behind it, whether it was genuinely an attempt to reward season ticket holders or not, or whether it was to ensure the stadium sold out (which is what I feel the motivation was behind it), it's not the most well thought out process.

If I am understanding it correctly. If I'm not I'm happy to be corrected.
  • Luke

Season ticket holders could take 2 mates [non ST holders] with them to the appointment to select seats. This logistically was the only option given the alternative was to seat all existing ST Holders then move them about so friends and family could sit together. In effect doing the same thing but twice. Which for me at least is just plain daft. [This is was Citeh did and it was an unmitigated disaster that took 3 season to sort out].

When the club came up with the +2 plan they could have had no idea the demand. No idea that STs would go like hot cakes. But they did think it through, the whole plan, for years. I was in on some of it.
  • ;ok Mike

Imo
    All got their ST as the club promised.

Some might not have got the upgrade / move to another seat they wanted and as a result feel miffed. The +2 may well have contributed to this.
    Yep all got their ST as the club promised, assuming they weren't "Dave" who chose to get up abd walk out.

I would go as far as to say some didn't really get the comparable seat quite simply because literally thousands of +2's had jumped in front of them or they had to pay more to go up a band, if available and didn't get the same savings (any savings are a good thing) they had hoped for.
  • MrsGrey said:

it's terrible when they send the heavies around to your house and hold your firstborn hostage until you part with your tenner.

Something should really be done about that.

Especially since you won't actually 'be on the list for the season after'.

Shocking.

???
  • edited March 2016
    No Slizzy

+2's could not purchase an ST holders comparable seat until said ST holder said they didn't want it.
  • I think the idea of +2 was fundamentally flawed, and this is why.

It basically allowed all season ticket holders two advantages, to get priority seats (the best seats) at the new ground (perfectly reasonable) and then allowed them the chance to gain a further two seats for new people. So, for every season ticket holder who confirmed their seat, it potentially meat three seats lost.

Whatever the motivation behind it, whether it was genuinely an attempt to reward season ticket holders or not, or whether it was to ensure the stadium sold out (which is what I feel the motivation was behind it), it's not the most well thought out process.

If I am understanding it correctly. If I'm not I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm almost certain you'll get a lot of likes and CMU's for that young skywalker.

Also lets not forget, some were even told to take a kids ticket, then upgrade later (nudge nudge wink wink)
  • edited March 2016

Twist

2 separate issues.

The £10 to go on a priority list beign non refundable was highlighted to all who joined.

They've known for some months that demand will outstrip supply and still continue to advertise and take peoples tenners.

It's okay, we all know most of the work the club do is fantastic, but it's not a bad thing to pull them up on what might be the odd mistake.

;ok
  • Referring to
    they are still getting people to join the list so they can get £10 off you. And then hide behind the 'you'll be on the list for the season after'
    Nobody has to join the list if they don't want to ;ok
  • edited March 2016
    Jeeze ;doh

I'll leave you lot to just make stuff up then get cross about it.

• edited March 2016
    Whose "made stuff up"??

At one point you thought speaking to a few people was the general consensus, no?

Whose cross?? (Not sure who that was aimed at)

Nobody is saying the whole thing was bad and right from the word go it's been noted that it's very difficult to organise something like this and you won't please everyone for whatever reason.

But I stand by the fact the +2 wasn't the best idea when it came to certain current ST's vs people who weren't
  • Jeeze ;doh

I'll leave you lot to just make stuff up then get cross about it.

;puzzled

Maybe we should leave this 'discussion' there.

Thought both sides were making good points until the 'sarcy' comments ;ok
  • I’m sorry…. I put myself in a time-out as it was me that was getting cross.
  • I would go as far as to say some didn't really get the comparable seat quite simply because literally thousands of +2's had jumped in front of them...

This is what pushed me over the edge as there is absolutely no truth in this, so to me looked just made up.

I do not see what else the club could have done given the data gathered from the mistakes both Citeh and Arsenal made.

The club kept all promises made in regards to season ticket holders.

We took 2 extra for people that had never been season ticket holders before and I can see how this would annoy those who didn’t have a season ticket holder to ask to go with.

I can see how now having to wait for the priority list to kick it would be frustrating.
  • I’m sorry…. I put myself in a time-out as it was me that was getting cross.

No worries Suze

;ok

I stepped away myself ;biggrin

• Good intentioned or not, I feel that the +2 was a mistake with the benefit of hindsight. I signed up for next season with a group of six. One of my friends signed up his 6 year old son who has never been to a game in his life. Another signed up his nephew who has been to about 10 games.

Myself and the friend (father of the 6 year old) have actively followed West Ham home and away together for 24 years and for several years prior to that before we met.

Although it is to the good for my group that others are able to attend with us next season, this does not sit comfortably with me if people who are on the priority list are to miss out. I feel that the priority list should have been satisfied before any +2's were permitted. If that meant that the +2's had to sit elsewhere in the ground so be it. Just like they would have to if they attended the next home game (at UP) with you.

I understand that others have a different opinion.

Thought you might like to know mine. ;biggrin
  • Twist, if I had of known, you could've been a +2 of mine.

;hug
  • with the benefit of hindsight
    I'd have made it +1
  • That's what I was thinking. +2 was too much, understand why as to the reasons they did it which Luke, Col and Twist have mentioned, but it was wrong imo.

With regards this comment Suze.....

I would go as far as to say some didn't really get the comparable seat quite simply because literally thousands of +2's had jumped in front of them...

This is what pushed me over the edge as there is absolutely no truth in this, so to me looked just made up.

Band 1 +2's could only purchase Band 1 ST, but there were no restrictions as there were more Band 1 seats in the OS than at the Boleyn.

;ok
  • edited March 2016
    Yes I think so.

I'm band 4 and was one of the last to go for an appointment, there were still seats left in all bands then, the 9 of us could have chosen any band.

We went for the cheep seats.