Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• edited March 2016

But did they get their comparable seat?

All of them?

Or were many pushed into other areas, prices or bands (possible more cost if having to upgrade?) directly or indirectly because of the number of ST that took up the +2 offer?

I don't know if there was a better way or not......

But did they get their comparable seat? Yes, if that's what they wanted.
    All of them? Yes.
    Or were many pushed into other areas, prices or bands? No. Not my experience or the experience of anyone I spoke to at games and I spoke to a LOT of fans.

Note; as the BML is a different shape in the OS, only those in the BML currently who want to bring +2s had to move. I, Bil, Sil, #2 and #3 nephews moved so that we could all sit together [husband and #1 nephew currently sit in a different part of the BML]. We took 2 people with us.

There was no hard sell.

I was shown all the Bands and was not lead to any area in particular.

The feed back I have had says the same.
  • Jumped in front of what? ST holders got their seat.

or did some feel they should have gone first when looking to change their seat?

Season ticketholders got the chance to buy theirs plus bring 2 friends.
    Yes, they did.
  • edited March 2016

Why are they still asking people to join and pay £10? If they have too many on the list?

They are trying to get capacity increased to 60k, giving 5000 more seats.
  • But there are some 25,000 on the Priority list and 40,000 ST's already sold.
  • So there are around 2,000 ST's left....

Which will go.....

There are around 25,000 on the ST waiting list.....call it 23,000 if you like after the above have been sold.

They may get another 6,000 put on the capacity with seats already installed but now uncovered if safety application is approved

So why are they still taking peoples tenners off them when even that leaves 17,000 (best case) not touching a ST?

When really they should be working on finding a way to refund those 17,0000 tenners......the "right" thing to do.....imo.
  • MrsGrey said:

Why are they still asking people to join and pay £10? If they have too many on the list?

They are trying to get capacity increased to 60k, giving 5000 more seats.
    Key word 'trying' and if that gets rejected?
  • But did they get their comparable seat?

All of them?

Or were many pushed into other areas, prices or bands (possible more cost if having to upgrade?) directly or indirectly because of the number of ST that took up the +2 offer?

I don't know if there was a better way or not......

But did they get their comparable seat? Yes, if that's what they wanted.
    All of them? Yes.
    Or were many pushed into other areas, prices or bands? No. Not my experience or the experience of anyone I spoke to at games and I spoke to a LOT of fans.

Note; as the BML is a different shape in the OS, only those in the BML currently who want to bring +2s had to move. I, Bil, Sil, #2 and #3 nephews moved so that we could all sit together [husband and #1 nephew currently sit in a different part of the BML]. We took 2 people with us.

There was no hard sell.

I was shown all the Bands and was not lead to any area in particular.

The feed back I have had says the same.
    People couldn't go "down" a band, correct? While I'm sure there were a vast number of people that were happy, I'm also of the belief that a fair number had their nose put out of joint.

I'm sure you did speak to a number of fans but I wish I shared your optimism that all were taken care of an the +2 didn't put anyone out.
  • I'm also of the belief that a fair number had their nose put out of joint.
    Fair enough, that's your belief, but I haven't seen anything that would support it...
  • Slizzy..

People couldn't go "down" a band, correct? No not correct, they could go down a band but ST holders seats were protected until they had confirmed/rejected it.

My Band 4 seat became available as soon as I selected one elsewhere.

Two mates in band 2 joined three other mates in band 1 so their seats became available too.

• edited March 2016
    Slizzy

Well, it was never going to be possible to please everyone, was it?

He moans about Band 1 getting first choice, but what other possible way could it have been done, if the commitment was to ensure that all current STs got a comparable seat?

Him and his mate 'Dave' have the hump; lots of people Suze knows are delighted.

Them's the breaks, I guess.
  • So he's complaining he couldn't get the upgrade he wanted from band 4 to band 2 when he went with a band 2 mate?

I might have miss-read and will read it again when I get home.

I was offered a seat in that club 66 thing. All current ST holders got first dibs.
  • As I said right at the beginning nobody said it was easy and trying to please everyone is almost impossible.

What he moans about is the fact the +2 scheme has helped cause some of this? As he says.....all the current 26k ST holders could've been served first (again not an ideal situation) but what the +2 has done is push people who may of had a ST for 1 - ?? Years down the order.

And also people that paid for the priority list.....basically off it.

;ok
  • So he's complaining he couldn't get the upgrade he wanted from band 4 to band 2 when he went with a band 2 mate?

I might have miss-read and will read it again when I get home.

I was offered a seat in that club 66 thing. All current ST holders got first dibs.

I read through it - he seems to be saying his Band 2 ST holder mate'Dave' was royally fed up and has decided not to go to any more matches at the Boleyn, and didn't buy a new ST because he was
    faced with a virtually sold out stadium for bands 1&2 and the 1966 seats

which translates as

yes, he could get an equivalent band seat,

yes, with his mate (the blogger) who was upgrading from Band 4.

yes, he could have upgraded to band 1 or Club 66,

but didn't want what was on offer.....because there wasn't as much choice as he wanted.

If I've read that right, all I can say if

;doh
  • Interested to see the "just one person' writing the blog is our old friend Nigel Kahn - was sure he said in one of his many rants against the stadium move - that he and his mates would walk away from West Ham United and never set foot in the Olympic Stadium if the move went through. Perhaps he has had a change of heart - if he can get a seat that suits?
  • ironmike

Good spot ;ok
  • ;lol

I was only thinking about him a while back and wondering if he was still campaigning against the move.

I guess I got my answer.
  • edited March 2016
    Yep it was Mr Kahn.....

He's not exactly hid the fact about his opinions on the owners or the move to Stratford.

I honestly don't remember if he was ever quoted as not moving but he was dead against it. That shouldn't have any bearing on his blog/experience.

Still, in my opinion I still believe there were plenty of people affected by the +2 policy
  • Mrs G not sure it was a " mate" (I don't think it was) but someone who was having their appointment at the same time?

Anyway, regardless.
  • edited March 2016

That shouldn't have any bearing on his blog/experience.

It had no bearing on my initial reaction to it, true.

Mrs G not sure it was a " mate" (I don't think it was) but someone who was having their appointment at the same time?

Doesn't matter if it was his mate or not, but it sounded like it - blogger is a Band 4 ST holder, and he was 'sitting next to' the 'Dave' person ... I inferred that Nige was there with him (as he wouldn't have had his appt otherwise).

But s you say, their exact relationship has no bearing on my opinion of 'Dave's behaviour.

• Still, in my opinion I still believe there were plenty of people affected by the +2 policy

I'm sure there were ... and in a good way ;thumbsup
  • Nigel Khan ;lol of course it is.
  • Mrs Grey, Suze ;hug
    Wasn't he the gentleman who called himself "mywhufc" and was on here with a guy who posts on Kumb as The Pink Palermo? ;doh
  • Regardless of who it was, they've had experiences good and bad I would think, no?

Or is it because this is NK then it's dismissed out of hand? Just curious.

Suze has had good feedback, NK hasnt necessarily during his own appointment.
  • MrsGrey said:

Still, in my opinion I still believe there were plenty of people affected by the +2 policy

I'm sure there were ... and in a good way ;thumbsup
    So you believe there were zero negative experiences?
  • Perhaps I can offer a counter view on this -

I took the lead on a group of band 1 (East Upper) who wanted to keep our current group of long term 'seating mates' together and take the opportunity to add children/grandchildren who (because of demand at the Boleyn) we have not been able to add in the past.

After booking our seats last June one of our number, a lovely lady and life long hammer, passed away after a very short illness. As group leader I contacted the reservation centre and immediately got a return call from Mr Ken Sharpe (Reservation Centre Director) who personally dealt with the ladies family, checked if any member of her family wanted her seat (they were unable to take it), arranged for the immediate refund of her deposit and helped me to track down the grandson of the previous seat holder (who had passed over the seat 20 years ago to the lady who died) and arranged for him to take the seat and join our group.

I can only speak for myself but I think the difficult task of moving to the new stadium has been a fantastic success. And the service and assistance we received from Ken Sharpe and his team was brilliant.

Oh - and like Suzanne I have spoken to many people who have been through the reservation process and I've yet to find anyone who expressed anything but satisfaction with the outcome.
  • edited March 2016
    ;ok Mike

I believe there were negative experiences.

Some because unrealistic expectations were not met.

Some because they just didn't like what they were shown.

• Or is it because this is NK then it's dismissed out of hand? Just curious.

Dunno why you're curious, Izzy.

Did you not see that my opinion was formed before I knew who was writing?
  • edited March 2016

So you believe there were zero negative experiences?

Dunno how you get that, from what I said, unless you didn't read it.
    I said I believe there were plenty of positive experiences.

I never said 'all', or '100%' or any other expression that could rationally be interpreted as me saying I believed there were zero negative experiences.

In fact, given that I had read about and commented on a negative experience in the blog you linked to, it is clear I am aware of at least one negative experience.

The fact that I have zero sympathy with that particular example (if my interpretation of the rather unclear blogpost is correct) is a separate issue.
  • MrsGrey said:

Or is it because this is NK then it's dismissed out of hand? Just curious.

Dunno why you're curious, Izzy.

Did you not see that my opinion was formed before I knew who was writing?
    Wasn't on about you.

;ok