Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• Suze did you go for the "cheep" seats because you're a "bird"? ;lol
  • ;lol

yes I did Thorn
  • Anyway..........

Back to the Ballot process. Does it mean that if you get a ticket for the Palace game you automatically move to the back of the queue for the other games, or if you name comes out for the next two games it go into another pot and someone else is picked - until the first pot is empty and then they start on the pot of those who got lucky for the first or second match?

Not sure I like this idea, not really had a problem getting tickets with membership this year, although the new system does seem to be have some bugs in it, you'd have thought they would have tried to sort them out rather than take this approach - seem like they are doing something so if there are any complaints about getting tickets due to problems with the service provided, they can point to this as the answer.

Hopefully it will be sorted by the start of next season.
  • Is the cup replay to be added to the ballot?
  • Don't know IH, I suspect they will tell us when the date is announced.

• Travel agency here offering flights, accommodation & tickets for the equivalent of a little under 1900 pounds. I thought seriously about going but have a date with a surgeon around that time so will be staying put. I understand there have been a few takers.
    We are a dedicated lot.
  • Crusading, can I ask where you would be travelling from?

On Monday I was offered £500 for my season ticket for the last game, £50 short of what I paid for it.
  • suz - did you take up the offer? Would go quite a way to pay for next year's ST ;)
  • Never, Munich.. Sure £500 would cover next seasons ticket but for me at least you can put a price on what that last game means...

Unless someone wants to pay off my mortgage ;wink
  • You could try and get a seat via the ballot ;)
  • Think Crusading is from New Zealand?

Suze shame it wasn't the old ticket style, could've given it to them in an envelope, which had the SWANSEA game....then done a runner ;wink
  • How have those of you that entered the ballot got on? A few friends have been allocated Arsenal tickets.
  • Entered and got an email acknowledgement of ballot form, but sadly that was it. I am guessing that I would have heard by now if I had been successful.

It would have been good if they could have sent a short email to the unsuccessful applicants but that would have put more pressure on an already under pressure ticket office.
  • edited April 2016
    Due to the expected rush to purchase tickets for any of our final three Boleyn Ground fixtures, the Club is opening a ballot process exclusively for Academy Members, to fairly allocate tickets for the visits of Arsenal, Swansea City and Manchester United.
    So the implication of that statement is that we all submit a ballot paper with our name on it and all have an equal chance of getting a ticket.

Well that's not quite the truth again is it! Had the Ballot paper for the Manu and Swansea games arrive today so thought I would fill one out and send it in - did so but am not holding out much hope of getting a ticket.

You see, what they DON'T tell you is that it is not one entry per member, the person submitting the ballot can include and additional ten - yup, that's right TEN members, so if I and ten other members got together we could actually submit 11 ballot papers with all of our names on them, which would mean our chances of getting tickets would be greatly increased.

So how is that 'Fair' against a ballot paper with only one name on it (as in my case) with one chance of being picked?

So in theory if there were 7,500 tickets up for grabs through this process, they could actually fill all the seats by picking.... ;hmm , off the top of my head that's around 680 ballot papers.
  • ;biggrin

Just add it to the list Adme....
  • edited April 2016
    There is a note on the application email "Only one application per member will be accepted. Applying on multiple forms may result in your application being declined"

Talked to another hammer AM in the village this morning, this only applies to the lead name on each ballot form apparently as he and 4 of the fans he meets at the match all put in application with al their names on it for the Gunners game and all received ballot confirmation emails - although I think they all missed out for that one, but they are doing the same for these two fixtures.
  • If they win 'em all, what will they do with the tickets?
  • Don't know Mrs G, but there were quite a few tickets for the Arsenal game on various websites last week, anything from £175.00 - £300.00.

I would hope that someone at the club would notice and re-draw another ballot paper.
  • Did anyone that entered the previous Ballot get an order confirmation from the Booking Office prior to the deadline for application returns ? I've received an order confirmation re: Man Utd game, doesn't give any stand or seat info but states that I will receive a paper ticket in the post !! Has anyone else had the same communication ?? Not sure if this is just a confirmation that they received my ballot application.....or that they've held the ballot early - confused !!
  • I got one for the Man u game, think it is just a communication to confirm ballot entry as it does not have any info about the price of the ticket. I don't think they can charge you anything yet until the draw is done an they advise of the ticket you will receive re: the band.

Not sure how it works but I think they start with the more expensive ones then move to the less dear ones after that.
  • They acknowledge receipt of the ballot form by email which is followed by a second email if you are successful. For the unlucky ones there is a statement on the club website to say that the ballot is complete. If you are not successful don't completely give up hope, I did not get a ticket in the Arsenal ballot but the day before the game I had a call from the club saying they had a few late returns and I got two tickets.
  • Anyone had emails confirming they've been lucky and got Utd tickets?
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;weep
  • There's time yet ;pray
  • Didnt even get cinfirmation of application ;angry
  • I have been lucky and got two tickets in the Swansea ballot, I don't think they have done the Man Utd ballot yet. I am not expecting to be successful again for the Man U game, great that would be, so will be content with being at the last ever 3.00 p.m. Saturday KO at the Boleyn Ground and to be able say goodbye.
  • Twist, if I had of known, you could've been a +2 of mine.

;hug

I'm an idiot, I didn't even think to text and ask if you'd used yours ;weep