Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• At the end of the day most people have got the chance to sit next to fellow family members and friends.

is the +2 thing still in effect they probably should have put a time period on it after they realised they were getting alot of applicants could have shelved it after 6 or 7 months.
  • Grey i know a Wolves fan and a Charlton fan who have got season tickets, its cheap PL football in their eyes not to mention being from Kent the new ground is a lot easier to get to from people travelling from places outside London.
  • It's about 25k season ticket at moment from memory
  • edited April 2016
    Did the +2 ST obtainers have to pay a £10 premium / fee / whatever ?
  • There has never been a waiting list for season tickets before.

Season tickets were available at the start of the 13/14 season with half season tickets going on sale Christmas 2013.

Demand has out stripped supply.

It's what happens at successful clubs.

• Thanks PCS but is that for the Boleyn or Olympic? Thought it would be more for the Olympic.
  • So I can see where Twist is coming from .............

I've paid a tenner to go onto a list and Billy Biggins down the road has an uncle who has a ST so he gets in ahead of me and doesn't even have to cough up a tenner to get his ST, I do cough but don't get a ST ;hmm
  • Expat

The £10 is to go on a wait list. The +2s did not go on a wait list so did not have to pay it.

• Expat

But that possibility was made clear from the off. People weren't coughing up to guarantee a ST, but to guarantee a shot at one.

To come back after, having missed out, and say 'That's not fair!' seems strange to me.

Some people were always going to miss out on season tickets, given the demand.
  • Its a pity no one new a season ticket holder they could have asked.
  • Am I right in thinking people who paid a tenner to get on the Priority List will have priority when match tickets go on general sale?
  • I don't think so MrsG.

The priority list is just about a season ticket.

Match day tickets will be sold as they are now.
    1 - bond holders
    2 - ST holders
    3 - Members
    4 - Gen sale
  • I just don't think that the club had thought this out very well and have probably alienated quite a few people.

So they say, OK, cough £10 to go on a waiting list while we let a few thousand bunk in before you and not pay a penny.
  • They were clear from the start though Expat, the tenner only got your name on a list.

It promised nothing else.

I do understand why its upsetting not to get what what you want when you want it but there were plenty of season tickets available the season we won promotion.

There was no rush to buy one or complaints then.
  • suz ;ok

I skimmed this earlier today - obviously didn't pay enough attention
    Season Ticket Holders will have until 9am Monday 9 May to book their seat. After that tickets will be available to 2015/16 Academy Members and supporters on the Priority List.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/April/25-April/Juventus-to-open-new-Stadium#eWtyGe3Edy2BeSck.99
  • Expat the '+2' were required to pay 25% of the season ticket price for season 16/17 on confirming purchase of their ST. In the case of Band 1 (£225 deposit) that was in June 2015. That deposit was non refundable. So hardly "not paying a penny".
  • edited April 2016
    Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that ;doh
  • The ground will be full of tourists.
  • +1 would've been enough
    Well, in your opinion, obviously.

I suspect there are many, many family and friends groups who were delighted to be able to get a chance to sit in with each other.

Wherever demand outstrips supply, there are going to be disappointments.

As to stories of other fans getting season tickets - seems remarkably unlikely to me, and if there are instances, I would imagine they are remarkably few.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket to go to another team's games?

Where would the fun be in it?
    Well of course its in my opinion. Which i had posted on my longer comment....

And I also admitted it wasn't an easy task.

Of course there have been some positive results, with people getting friends tickets.....or family members sitting together.

I have seen on other forums personal experiences and articles shared of posters who know of other clubs fans that have got hold of tickets. I have no reason not to believe them.

We went from 26k ST to 50K all of a sudden...and while the pull of the OS and some of the ticket pricing is clearly massive, then I think you're possibly underestimating how many non-hammers have got hold of tickerts (who knows perhaps they will convert? *sigh*)

They get to see PL football on the cheap....and get all the big games......it's obviously not for me or you, or even most people....but I think it's happening.

;ok
  • It's about 25k season ticket at moment from memory

26k right now the most ever I think

• is the +2 thing still in effect they probably should have put a time period on it after they realised they were getting alot of applicants could have shelved it after 6 or 7 months.

This....
  • They made a hash of the whole process.
  • So I can see where Twist is coming from .............

I've paid a tenner to go onto a list and Billy Biggins down the road has an uncle who has a ST so he gets in ahead of me and doesn't even have to cough up a tenner to get his ST, I do cough but don't get a ST ;hmm

And this.....
  • edited April 2016

Expat the '+2' were required to pay 25% of the season ticket price for season 16/17 on confirming purchase of their ST. In the case of Band 1 (£225 deposit) that was in June 2015. That deposit was non refundable. So hardly "not paying a penny".

I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.....at the newest and most iconic stadium around in its first season

All the while being a charlton fan....

;whistle
  • They made a hash of the whole process.

And that.... (to a degree)

Again...it's not easy....but they certainly haven't rewarded loyalty of lower band ST or long term members and they've kept on taking tenners off people with no chance of getting a ST for years.

They'd better produce that 20 goal a season striker.....
  • edited April 2016

I have seen on other forums personal experiences and articles shared of posters who know of other clubs fans that have got hold of tickets. I have no reason not to believe them.

There might be no reason not to believe them, but there's also no reason to think the number of stories you read in any way reflects the actual reality in terms of number who did this.

Maybe it is more.

Or maybe there are only 17 other club fans who have done this. They just have a wide circle of friends, followers on twitter and know people who are members of several fan forums. If each one repeats it 5 times 'I know of a couple of fans who have done it' and it gets repeated and repeated .... it soon looks like a lot.

Of course, I have no real idea how many - but neither do you.

It's like a chain letter. Before you know it, stories are on every site, forum, facebook page and twitter account . But we don't know how many are at the root of it, and we can't use 'stories on the internet' to judge.

So I'll refrain from using 'these anecdotes' this as evidence that it's a big issue.
  • ;lol it's alright Twist, your £10 is going towards Lukaku

• I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.

Remind me again how they disrupted current ST seat plans. ;hmm
  • Expat the '+2' were required to pay 25% of the season ticket price for season 16/17 on confirming purchase of their ST. In the case of Band 1 (£225 deposit) that was in June 2015. That deposit was non refundable. So hardly "not paying a penny".

I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.....at the newest and most iconic stadium around in its first season

All the while being a charlton fan....

;whistle
    Evidently, this comment is due 15000 'Agrees'