Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Twist - your £10 went towards paying off Maiga.

Best £10 you ever spent. And Modibo treated himself to Teddy's Soccer School interactive DVD.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.

Remind me again how they disrupted current ST seat plans. ;hmm
    Band 1 and 2 ST holders that took +2 and filled up those area's, even ones that took on the cheap kids tickets to be told "don't worry you can upgrade to an adult later - wink, wink", therefore pushed Bands 3 and 4 ST holders further back.

Yes there are more tickets at the OS in Band 1 & 2 but not three times more

;ok
  • Once we sell Payet those general sale tickets will dramatically increase.
  • MrsGrey said:

I have seen on other forums personal experiences and articles shared of posters who know of other clubs fans that have got hold of tickets. I have no reason not to believe them.

There might be no reason not to believe them, but there's also no reason to think the number of stories you read in any way reflects the actual reality in terms of number who did this.

Maybe it is more.

Or maybe there are only 17 other club fans who have done this. They just have a wide circle of friends, followers on twitter and know people who are members of several fan forums. If each one repeats it 5 times 'I know of a couple of fans who have done it' and it gets repeated and repeated .... it soon looks like a lot.

Of course, I have no real idea how many - but neither do you.

It's like a chain letter. Before you know it, stories are on every site, forum, facebook page and twitter account . But we don't know how many are at the root of it, and we can't use 'stories on the internet' to judge.

So I'll refrain from using 'these anecdotes' this as evidence that it's a big issue.
    I can only tell you what I've read and actually none of it was on Twitter for the record, regarding "other clubs fans buying tickets".

It's all been on a number of well know WHU forums.

What I would lay money on, is it is happening.

;ok
  • Expat the '+2' were required to pay 25% of the season ticket price for season 16/17 on confirming purchase of their ST. In the case of Band 1 (£225 deposit) that was in June 2015. That deposit was non refundable. So hardly "not paying a penny".

I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.....at the newest and most iconic stadium around in its first season

All the while being a charlton fan....

;whistle
    Evidently, this comment is due 15000 'Agrees'
    It deserved that anyway, regardless

;biggrin
  • They made a hash of the whole process.

hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • They made a hash of the whole process.

Such a hash they had to apply to have the capacity increased so they could sell more season tickets... ;hmm
  • edited April 2016

I can only tell you what I've read and actually none of it was on Twitter for the record, regarding "other clubs fans buying tickets".

And the blokes/folks posting the other forums - do you know THEY haven't been on twitter?

My point is, YOU might not have read on twitter - but the folks on the 'other forum' might have. And maybe they all read the same example. And 'reported' of a case where it is hapepning. So one case, re-reported, can transform itself into a dozen. Along comes you, reads KUMB, comes here says 'at least a dozen cases' on only one other forum .. surely more elsewhere.

So a member here reads of 'a dozen cases', is also a member of NOT606. Posts on there 'loads of cases on another forum' . A NOT606 member says (based on his reading of kumb, say) adds, yeah, I saw people on another forum too, saying there were cases where that as happening, between 10 and 20.

It escalates in the re-telling, is all I'm saying.

So 2 cases (as yeold pointed out) is, before you know, exponentially increased by how many times someone refers to it on another social networking site.

• Don't think the draw for the Man U tickets has been made yet, my account also shows the ticket order placed on the date my ballot was registered (15/04/2016) but there is still no price allocation - so until I see that or receive official notification I am assuming I have no ticket as yet.
  • AdMeus, my purchase history in on-line box office now shows 2x tkts purchased on 28th - Betway Upper, row Z - so draw must, at least in part, have taken place...but as I said earlier, still no email confirmation - hope you get yours tho !
  • I was told I would get an email last eveing to say whether I had been successful for Man UTd match...I did get 2 for Swansea game so I wont complain if I dont get Man Utd ones...but no email yet to confirm or deny
  • edited April 2016
    MrsGrey said:

And the blokes/folks posting the other forums - do you know THEY haven't been on twitter?

My point is, YOU might not have read on twitter - but the folks on the 'other forum' might have. And maybe they all read the same example. And 'reported' of a case where it is hapepning. So one case, re-reported, can transform itself into a dozen. Along comes you, reads KUMB, comes here says 'at least a dozen cases' on only one other forum .. surely more elsewhere.

So a member here reads of 'a dozen cases', is also a member of NOT606. Posts on there 'loads of cases on another forum' . A NOT606 member says (based on his reading of kumb, say) adds, yeah, I saw people on another forum too, saying there were cases where that as happening, between 10 and 20.

It escalates in the re-telling, is all I'm saying.

So 2 cases (as yeold pointed out) is, before you know, exponentially increased by how many times someone refers to it on another social networking site.

What is your apparent obsession with twitter?

I'm telling you what I know and what I have read.

One that people have made direct comments on other WHU forums that they have or know of friends who are not fans of WHU and have bought ST at the OS.

Secondly, others have written articles about it......friends...or friends of friends....

Nothing to do with twitter, these are people sharing their experiences of what they have been told, seen or know.
  • Moojor said:

They made a hash of the whole process.

hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Absolutely and as I have repeatedly mentioned this was never going to be easy and pleasing everyone is impossible.

However the +2 was wrong imo and its helped contribute to many many long term members being pushed away with no chance of a ST....and then they are atill selling the £10 waiting list stuff....with 30,000 already on there.

Like the outrageous premium phone numbers and the disgraceful phone/booking system its a cash cow and poor on the club, in a current climate where they really don't have to do it. They already have demand, they already have record incomes and will have virtually no debt for the first time as long as we can remember.

IN MY OPINION
  • edited April 2016
    I fail to see how mentioning 3 social media sites by name and a reference to social media sites in general equates to an obsession with twitter.

As for what you know and have read - I get that you are reporting this. I don't disbelieve you.

But can't you accept that the such articles do not prove this is a widespread phenomenon.
  • Even if they had made it +1, it wouldn't have stopped 'non-hammers' getting tickets.

• Bozo said:

AdMeus, my purchase history in on-line box office now shows 2x tkts purchased on 28th - Betway Upper, row Z - so draw must, at least in part, have taken place...but as I said earlier, still no email confirmation - hope you get yours tho !

Bozo, the good news is Zamora isn't playing.
  • Quite possibly, but it may of helped reduce the number, alsp not shift other current band holders further back and meant that more people on the waiting lost got served.

Would be interesting to know how many +1/+2's there were

;ok
  • MrsGrey said:

I fail to see how mentioning 3 social media sites by name and a reference to social media sites in general equates to an obsession with twitter.

As for what you know and have read - I get that you are reporting this. I don't disbelieve you.

But can't you accept that the such articles do not prove this is a widespread phenomenon.

Have never said it was a wide spread phenomenon. What I said was it's happening.

Mr G didn't think it was, at all. Probably like all of us on here, I don't understand these fans mentality but I'm almost certain it's happening.

;ok
  • Twist, if I had of known, you could've been a +2 of mine.

;hug

I'm an idiot, I didn't even think to text and ask if you'd used yours ;weep
    Eski, you and Twist could quite happily of been my +2.
  • edited April 2016

MrsGrey said:

I'd of been over the moon to pay 25% up front for a year knowing I'd jumped the queue of members that had been around for possibly years....and disrupted current ST seat plans.

Remind me again how they disrupted current ST seat plans. ;hmm
    Band 1 and 2 ST holders that took +2 and filled up those area's, even ones that took on the cheap kids tickets to be told "don't worry you can upgrade to an adult later - wink, wink", therefore pushed Bands 3 and 4 ST holders further back.

Yes there are more tickets at the OS in Band 1 & 2 but not three times more

;ok
    First, not all band 1+" took advantage of the +2, so they didn't need 3 times more seats.

Secondly, (and I stand to be corrected on this) isn't it the case that no current ST holder had to take a new seat in an area 'worse' than they had before? (Forget the band number as that refers only to price, and can't be used to compare 'type' of seat). So if they got a seat as good or better than their existing UP seat, how were their seating plans 'disrupted'?

Thirdly, the Band 3+4 St holders could also take advantage of the grouping system, so would in many cases end up with a better seating plan, surely?
  • No email or Swansea ticket for me sadly ;puzzled
  • edited April 2016
    I am band 4 and was one of the last season ticket holders to get an appointment.

We moved into another part of band 4 so we could all sit together [sir_ian and #1 nephew currently sit apart from the rest of us]. As a group we took 2 others [both members]. There were a lot of seats left in all four bands, we could have moved anywhere we wanted.

I agree that +2 was an error but there is no way the club could have foreseen such a massive uptake given our previous season ticket sales history. No way the club could have known the volume of glory hunters ;wink who would want a season ticket.

There were a great number of half season tickets left in Dec 2013, buying one would have meant an automatic renewal for the last season at the Boleyn and the first at the OS. Where was every body then? Where was everybody the season when we were relegated under Roader [that's when I became a season ticket holder again].

If the club had a do over they may well consider making it +1 and asking the +1s to provide a West Ham ticket buying history to prevent fans of other clubs buying season tickets. BUT I have Arsenal, Everton, Palace and Peterborough mates who have a West ham ticket purchase history so maybe that wouldn't work.

Maybe the club are happy that a 60k ground will be full, I know I am, and wouldn't change a thing.

Those on the waiting list will eventually get one as the novelty wears off and the football is not so good and those who only go during the good times stop going...
  • edited April 2016

Have never said it was a wide spread phenomenon. What I said was it's happening.

Mr G didn't think it was, at all.

I thought I said:
    if there are instances, I would imagine they are remarkably few.
    ;hmm
  • I have emailed all the SAB members and asked my Hammers mates on face book if the know of any 'others' getting a season ticket in the OS. They all say no.

I am however not disputing that this has happened.

I have mates who support other clubs and we often get one another tickets. We had a couple of Spurs / Palace / Citeh and Arsenal mates in the BML with us for their games. This may well be an extension of that I suppose.

• Have never said it was a wide spread phenomenon. What I said was it's happening.

Mr G didn't think it was, at all.

I thought I said:
    if there are instances, I would imagine they are remarkably few.
    ;hmm
    Okay, lets say two then

;biggrin

I reckon it was more

;whistle
  • I have emailed all the SAB members and asked my Hammers mates on face book if the know of any 'others' getting a season ticket in the OS. They all say no.

I am however not disputing that this has happened.

I have mates who support other clubs and we often get one another tickets. We had a couple of Spurs / Palace / Citeh and Arsenal mates in the BML with us for their games. This may well be an extension of that I suppose.

All due respect Suze, but 7 ain't a lot!!

;biggrin

Seriously, there have been articles/posts on a number of well know WHU forums.

One guy knows a couple of Arsenal friends, couldn't get in at the Emirates, gave up and what with their prices and got in at the OS I would imagine through the plus 2
  • I think +1 could've been the happy medium here, I just think the club were so desperate to not have empty seats, it kind of took over their thinking.

Mrs G - if you have X amount of +1 or +2's that jump the queue in front of other current ST holders then you are bound to have SOME people who knowingly or unknowingly didn't get the seat they could of had.

Not having to take one, doesn't mean you did actually take one at all, there are also stories, again I have no reason to disbelieve where people walked out of the booking center fuming at what they were offered, this was in part a result of the extra tickets sold to non ST holders from this season, offered the chance to jump in.
  • I have no sympathy with the 'fuming' people. All season ticket holders were show a comparable seat [mine was fab btw]. No ST seat was offered to a +2 until it had been discounted by the current holder.

If they didn't like it theirs there were sooooo many seats available all over the stadium.

The only 'problem' [for want of a better word] with this was the different shapes of the BML now and the one in the OS, meaning BML season ticket holders could not move with-in the BML as there wasn't the room.

• quite annoyed with the finance on paying your season ticket off wanted to pay it off over 4 months at 0% Apr I have an excellent credit rating and got turned down ;angry so now will have to pay off in full. went on to the credit scoring website they used to check me out and low and behold I am all fine credit wise, does anyone know why I got turned down?
  • edited April 2016

there are also stories, again I have no reason to disbelieve where people walked out of the booking center fuming at what they were offered, this was in part a result of the extra tickets sold to non ST holders from this season, offered the chance to jump in.

I know of one such story.

The one that you (or someone?) posted on here from a blog.

And the reason he was fuming was, imo, utterly ridiculous.

There may be other cases of fumers. And some of them might even have what I might call legitimate grounds for fuming.

But so far, on the evidence, I'm not convinced it's more than a tiny minority.