Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• The box office just phoned my son. They had some returns and we were next in the ballot so we now have tickets for the match :smiley: :smiley: . I'm a very happy hammer.
  • ;wahoo ;clap
  • Get in Northnorfolk ;wahoo
  • I think we should just do away with season tickets and have a weekly free-for-all ;biggrin
  • edited May 2016
    ;nolan ;nolan ;nolan
  • I think we should just do away with season tickets and have a weekly free-for-all ;biggrin

;fishslap
  • The box office just phoned my son. They had some returns and we were next in the ballot so we now have tickets for the match :smiley: :smiley: . I'm a very happy hammer.

When one considers the prices which are being bandied about for tickets, I found it really impressive that someone has returned tickets to make sure that the next person in the ballot gets them rather than cashing in!
  • So did I, although I wonder if they are tickets that they couldn't collect the money for.
  • Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, just got an email, I've got tickets for the Arsenal match

;biggrin

;yercoat
  • IronHerb said:

From todays ST announcement on the OS: -

The Club will also soon be launching the 2016/17 Claret Membership, the best way and, in all likelihood, the only way to secure match-by-match tickets at the Hammers' new home next season.

;hmm

I think this will be a waste of money TBH, how many members will there be - 10k plus scrabbling for 3k tickets each game, feel completely let down by the club, did not see the point in a ST as due to other commitments I normally only go to 5 - 7 games a season if that, so Membership was a good option (which is what I told them in reply to the ST email). Looks like I will not be going to the OS then as that has now gone - over 50yrs of supporting and following this club and it feels like it's been thrown back in my face as I no longer count - so much for listening to the fans.

Ballot process??? Don't make me laugh! That's just another rouse to get people to buy the membership.

The club have completely messed up the whole ST/Membership process for the OS, should have put a limit of 35-40K on season tickets.

The owners and KB don't care, they have 52k season ticket holders and plus however many sign up for membership so are rubbing their hands all the way to the bank and slapping their back for a job well done, must be looking a really attractive prospect to any potential buyers/investors.

;angry ;angry ;angry ;yercoat (Slams door loudly as leaves)....
  • Admeus ;hug

I reckon there will be loads of tickets available through ticket trader.
  • AdMeus

I get people will be frustrated at not being able to get tickets, but I don't think a business plan of 'if we leave it empty, people will come' would cut much ice.

If the club can get prepayment for 5/6ths of the ground for the full season, they'd be nuts not to take it.

As Col suggested, I suspect a lot of people took season tickets knowing they wouldn't actually get to all the games, and expecting to offer games via ticket trader.
  • edited May 2016
    If you couldn't or didn't want to get a season ticket and you want to go to games why wouldn't you become a member.

Tickets will be available to buy for all the home games.

Not getting a membership if you want a ticket smacks a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

• In your opinion of course.
  • I think this will be a waste of money TBH, how many members will there be - 10k plus scrabbling for 3k tickets each game
    This is not the situation though is it. The membership scheme was for people who didn't want to go to every match but wanted to get priority in the queue for tickets on a match by match basis. So, I imagine, is this Claret thingy.
  • edited May 2016
    That's the down-side of 'more affordable football' - which the Daves wanted to deliver and all seem in agreement that it is a jolly good thing.

Football is more affordable -> more people can afford it -> increased demand.

But the supply is (although more than it used to be) still limited.

Result: more people miss out.
  • There will be 5k general sale tickets.
  • IronHerb said:

In your opinion of course.

Yep of course, but I'm fairly confident that in hindsight (a great thing I know) if we could turn the clock back and only offer +1 or even no extras at all, we'd still be sitting here with around 52,000 ST sold and a much smaller waiting list.

;ok
  • IronHerb said:

There will be 5k general sale tickets.

I really hope this is the number, but for the life of me I can't see to be able to do the math on this.

52,000 ST, capacity 60,000

Most away teams bring at least 2-3,000 fans and we may have to "offer" up to 6,000 (I think 10% is the rule?) which the bigger clubs will take.

What about the 100K Newham freebies over a season that were part of the deal, that's almost 4-5,000 a game? Or could it be spread over a couple of games, friendlies etc?

I don't think the new membership is a rip off, also they appear to have acknowledged something with giving the fiver back for people on the waiting list.
  • edited May 2016
    Maybe some of the freebies will be for Cup games? ;hmm

(Edit - Ooh, you ninja you. ;lol )
  • edited May 2016

they appear to have acknowledged something with giving the fiver back for people on the waiting list.

I hadn't heard about this - where did you read it? And does it mean if people still want to join the waiting list they only have to pay a fiver now?
  • Yep could be, or possible Europa (Obviously no guarantees there).

Perhaps it was a general guideline and not too firm a commitment, friendlies, Cup and Europe allowing?

But as Ironherb says, if there is 5,000 general sale, then that's only about 2-3,000 less than today's situation of 26,000 ST holders and around 33-34,000 Hammers in the ground (most games)
  • Most away teams bring at least 2-3,000 fans and we may have to "offer" up to 6,000 (I think 10% is the rule?) which the bigger clubs will take.
    Slizzy, I'm sure the 10% rule is for cup games only.
  • No, that's 15%.

Where possible, unless the police intervene, or the club can prove another reason not to provide 15%, like MUFC did to us.

If the other club are willing to take 10% then we must offer it to them, in the PL (I think)
  • Oh

That I did not know.
  • ;hmm it's gonna be a bit of a tight squeeze.
  • 5,000 general would be fine considering.

Going to remind the boy to get his new membership today, I know he'll want to go a few times.

Also, I think there could be a number of ST's on Ticket trader through the season, lets not forget we've managed to inherit a few "tourists" and non-Hammers along the way

;whistle
  • Bring your own seat ;ok