Hammers to run ballot process for final 3 fixtures & OS season ticket

Comments

• 50 quid for your seat in a box, nice

1.7m and supposedly going to the Academy

Possibly another thing they could've just let ST's holders have??

Anyone looked at the online auction?

Surprised to see some of the clubs history they're trying to flog
  • I had a brief look.

Worried I'd spend this months mortgage re-payment ;puzzled
  • oh and yes, they did say I could 'have' my seat... now they want £50 for it.

and because I'm a fool I'll pay £50 for it.
  • I read somewhere that the 100,000 Newham tickets will be for Academy, U21, and cup games.

We have issued free tickets to Newham in the past, around 4 or 5 years ago I think, and I was offered one at work. They were being sold on to mates of mates of people who lived in or worked for Newham.

We are allocating 3,000 to away fans but if they are not taken up, and segregation can be achieved, any residue will go on general sale.
  • Ah that would make more sense IH ;thumbsup

Oh lovely , free tickets being sold on at a nice little profit.

The 3,000 is only 5%, if they ask for 10% we have to give it to them. Probably half or slightly more of the PL will only take 3,000 max (normally) however, I can see the novelty factor kicking in, we could see clubs that only took 2-3,000 asking for more?

LFC, MUFC, THFC, CFC, AFC, MCFC and possibly a few others will take more especially as it's capped at 30 quid now.
  • OK, 60,000 seats
    52,000 seats allocated to ST say the club
    Up to 6,000 for away fans (At reduced prices)
    leaves about 2,000 - less segregation for general sale ;hmm
  • MrsGrey said:

they appear to have acknowledged something with giving the fiver back for people on the waiting list.

I hadn't heard about this - where did you read it? And does it mean if people still want to join the waiting list they only have to pay a fiver now?
    Oh, OK. Found it ;ok

If you are already on the Season Ticket waiting list, you get a fiver off the Academy/Claret membership; and if you take out a membership, you can join the ST waiting list for a fiver. (in the article on the club site about membership)
  • I don't think we have taken more than 3000 to any league games this season although we tend to sell out the vast majority of them. We didn't get allocated 6000 at the Emirates, where I think we would have sold out, or 4200 at Chelsea too.
  • edited May 2016
    Slizzy

The 3,000 is only 5%, if they ask for 10% we have to give it to them.
    According to the Interwebby, PL clubs have to allocate 5% of seats to away fans, up to a max of 3,000.
  • edited May 2016
    PL Handbook Rule R8
    R.8. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, and subject to Rule R.9, each Home Club shall make available to its Visiting Club:

R.8.1. 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s Stadium is less than 30,000,
    such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its Stadium capacity; and,
    whether or not that allocation is taken up;

R.8.2. tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator
    accommodation.
  • This is looking more and more like maths.

I dont like maths.
  • It's facts, suz.

You don't mind a fact, do you? ;hmm
  • ;hmm that would depend.
  • ;nonono

Your'e a fact fence-sitter.

;fence
  • Well do they fit in with my point of view.

Go good having facts that blow what I'm saying out of the water.
  • edited May 2016
    If it takes a man and a half two and a half days to dig two holes, how long does it take one man to dig half a hole?
  • ;weep

#FlashBack
  • a half two and a half days, so 1 and a half days? to dig two holes?
  • Don't encourage him Moojor!!
  • If it takes a man and a half two and a half days to dig two holes, how long does it take one man to dig half a hole?

Sorry, just re-read this.
    Is it

"a man and a half, two and a half days...." or
    "a man, two and a half days...." or
    "a man, a half two and a half days (which would be 1 and a half days)...."

• edited May 2016

If it takes a man and a half two and a half days to dig two holes, how long does it take one man to dig half a hole?

1.875 days is my guess-timate ;biggrin

Although the half man may not be doing much digging ;puzzled
  • Mooj

a man and a half, two and a half days
  • Is that a man and a child? Can half a man actually help dig a hole. Who sets these questions? ;)
  • I'm gonna start modding you two in a minute.

• ;quaver She's gonna mod in a minute
    She's gonna mod in a minute
    Mod in a minute
    She's gonna mod in a minute
    ;quaver
  • Slizzy

The 3,000 is only 5%, if they ask for 10% we have to give it to them.
    According to the Interwebby, PL clubs have to allocate 5% of seats to away fans, up to a max of 3,000.
    riiiight......

PL Handbook Rule R8

R.8. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, and subject to Rule R.9, each Home Club shall make available to its Visiting Club:

R.8.1. 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s Stadium is less than 30,000,
    such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its Stadium capacity; and,

R.8.2. tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent. of the Home Club’s disabled spectator
    accommodation.
    And yes, if the stadium is less than 30,000

Which we won't be, therefore there is the option of the away team to take up to 6,000 tickets if they think they'll shift them, no?

;hmm
  • edited May 2016
    ;hmm No? I read that rule like this ...
    R.8. Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs,
    so we don't need to agree anything other than the minimum.

and subject to Rule R.9

Not sure what that is, will have to check
    each Home Club shall make available to its Visiting Club:R.8.1. 3,000 tickets
    Yup, that's 3000.

or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s Stadium is less than 30,000,
    not relevant to us.
    accommodation.
    10% refers only to the proportion of the disabled spectator accomodation, not general tickets.

So if they think they'll shift 6000, they can ask... but we don't have to give them that.