TV and Films

Comments

• Saw the new Star Wars. Loved it!!!! I managed to avoid all mention of spoilers as well! Thought the chap who played Finn was excellent and I now want a BB8
  • Saw the trailer for the new Dad's Army film......very underwhealmed....
  • Anyone else looking forward to the new Beowulf series starting on 3rd Jan - bit GoT/The Vikings mash-upish I think....
  • I have watched the first 3 series of Vikings over Christmas, quite enjoyed it. But I'm easily pleased. I liked the Beowulf film with Ray Winstone in it.
  • Sherlock, utterly brilliant. Have not sat in front of the TV like that since i watched Inception, if the BBC could produce this all the time it would be the best TV in the world.
  • It's on here later tonight ... I can't wait ...

sssshhhhhh don't tell me!
  • Just to let you all know......if you haven't already heard or seen the many tweets on it....Ogbonna was the latest player today, C&H are plugging it at every opportunity as well.

Sully's follow up to Rise of the Krays......brilliantly titled "Fall of the Krays" is out today at "some cinemas" as well as DVD and available for download.

Not sure it can be any worse than the original, but there again this is Mr Sullivan we're talking about.

If anyone is thinking of taking a 75 min nap that kicks in almost immediately then I recommend you purchase.
  • Slizzy - you mean that Sully has got Ogbonna to tweet about Sully's follow=up???

that's a bit tacky, IMO
  • edited January 2016

that's a bit tacky, IMO

Default setting. ;thumbsup
  • I'm just enjoying a cop program on Dave. A bloke broke into somebody's house, nicked stuff and then made off in their car.

After the police, fire service and ambulance people looked after him after he binned the car. He was in hospital for 2 months, and then got banged up for 30 months.

My compliments to our emergency services, and my commiserations to the victims of crime.

To the criminal, pity it wasn't more.
  • any idea when the next series of gotham is back on British TV?
  • Next Monday.
  • Isn't there also a new one called "Gotham - Rise of the Criminals" starting soon as well ;hmm ?
  • Admeus, they just named the second season that.
  • edited January 2016
    ;nonono

They are making an X-Files reboot.

;wahoo

Edit ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Anyone grow up in the 80's round here?

M.A.S.K was one of the most popular toys. There was a cartoon that supported.

Well now there's gonna be a film ;wahoo
  • Marvels agents of shield is back.

Skye/Daisy ;carew
    Bobby ;carew
    Simmons ;carew
  • Gotham has been pretty dark in the opening two episodes and I am enjoying it , its a bit more about the villains so far
  • I watched a strange programme last night on Really. It was like Most Haunted but with American People. It featured this place: Scary for some, a home from home for others...........

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=clown+motel&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5qMOAxb3KAhWEig8KHRBcCnoQsAQIIw&biw=1024&bih=667
  • Pearce's, I've been following it with the US broadcasts and it continues to be very dark. Much better than the first season imo ;ok
  • Outcast yeah last season was too much set up and not much story this season has already been much more interesting
  • edited January 2016
    Any thoughts on the likely Oscar for Best Film?

Missed out on The Martian but hope to see Spotlight,
    The Big Short and Room this week.

The ones I have seen:
    Bridge Of Spies - very well-acted, very worthy and rather dull.
    Brooklyn - A nice film, I was informed. All I probably needed to know.
    The Revenant - Overstayed its welcome despite a sadly understated cameo by The Bear.

In the Foreign Film category:
    A War - Danish.
  • I loved bridge of spies, but the story is so strong that Tom Hanks didn't have to work that hard. It's bound to pick up a bauble or two ;ok
  • Which would you suggest I start with? Revenant seems obvious, I haven't seen any of them yet.
  • Just watched the first episode of Mr Robot.

Looks very promising.

Seems to be starring a young Mesut Ozil...

Is that a Turkish ethnic look, Outcast, or just coincidence?
  • Which would you suggest I start with? Revenant seems obvious, I haven't seen any of them yet.

Of the three that I have seen I don't think I would suggest any as "must-see" but I've enjoyed all of them. The Revenant could have been easily trimmed by about 20 minutes, Brooklyn was nice, Bridge Of Spies didn't have much tension because I knew the outcome in advance.

Faced with a choice I would opt for Spotlight but then I haven't even seen it myself yet.

Also The Assassin. I don't think it's on any Oscar list but it's about a 9th Century Chinese girl who is kidnapped by an order of nuns, trained to be a killer and then sent out to rid the land of corruption. Based on a true story, apparently.
  • Blacklist S3

Ep 8 (pre mid-season break) + Ep 9 + Ep 10 ;wahoo ;wahoo

;ccole It went BOOM!

Desperate to stay up and watch more, but its 1 o'clock in the morning so I should probable go to bed.
  • Mr Robot is very good Grey ;ok