TV and Films

Comments

• Jessica Jones is pretty good. Would recommend to anyone using Netflix. Only one episode left for me. I quite like this darker take from Marvel which I think works well with the more fringe characters. Think its definitely better suited for TV. I actually think this is quite a bit better than Daredevil as well, which wasn't half bad.
  • edited November 2015
    twist - we are on the US schedule (we download it) but I haven't watched the final pre-break episode (is it 9?), on the basis that it will be a cliffhanger .. I don't do suspense very well. So I'm saving it for when the series resumes in January and I can watch it immediately followed by the new season opener. ;ok

James Spader is superb. I have to admit that I've been a bit irritated by the Lizzy storyline/character of late. The programme makers seem determined to 'dumb her down' from how she was portrayed in the early episodes. It is not only annoying, but inconsistent with the character they have created so far, imo.

outcast, grey is watching that. It is on my 'to do' list. Which now runs to 2 pages. ;doh
  • Mrs G, will let you know after I've seen the episode. Think the UK is a couple behind still.
  • Last Panthers very good - lots of subtitles, but gripping stuff
  • Mrs G, just finished the blacklist episode, where that guy was freezing people on a plane ;hmm ;lol
  • ;nonono ;weep

#plotspoilers

Or Are They?!

;hmm

;puzzled
  • Just seen the new season trailer for GoT ............

;hmm

Intriguing.......
  • Peeps show. Too good XD Rum and lettuce anyone?
  • Yeold

Bit early for cocktails, isn't it? ;wink
  • Jessica Jones is pretty good. Would recommend to anyone using Netflix. Only one episode left for me. I quite like this darker take from Marvel which I think works well with the more fringe characters. Think its definitely better suited for TV. I actually think this is quite a bit better than Daredevil as well, which wasn't half bad.

Just wanted to second this ;thumbsup Excellent show and possibly has the best Marvel villain to date from the current film and tv universe.
  • Clip from game of thrones , season 6
  • It gets better later. It's an odd one though. I enjoyed it but struggled to pay attention at points. Read a review that said the main two characters were the main problem, they sucked the life out of the thing.
  • A bit like twin peaks then ?
  • Saw early release of Moby Dick today as part of a secret film thing was a good film.
  • Luther is back ! my missus was hiding behind the sofa for half of it ;lol
  • Been very disappointed in Homeland this season
  • Unaccountably over-excited about the new Star Wars film ;wahoo
  • Me too Mrs Grey and the reviews are good aswell got ticket booked for Monday
  • Let the force be with you Mrs Grey.
  • Been watching Fargo season 2.

Brilliant, brilliant show.
  • MrsGrey said:

Unaccountably over-excited about the new Star Wars film ;wahoo

Me too Mrs Grey and the reviews are good aswell got ticket booked for Monday

Us too ;wahoo

• Our two cinemas are open air, obviously only open in the summer, so barring trips to Athens or the UK, we will have to wait until then...

;weep
  • Up to date on Blacklist now. So annoyed there is a break ;weep
  • Twist, I know. ;angry
  • My mate went to see Star Wars at 3am this morning said its very good the reviews are right about it ;barrera ;nolan
  • Can't remember if posted about this but another good Netflix show is Club de Cuervos about a small club in Mexico that gets taken over by egotistical heir when his father dies. Can be very funny and sometimes wonder if it's us with Jack Sullivan in charge.
  • Just finished the original Star Wars trilogy in preparation for the new one. Has anyone seen it?